Tracer missile

dysann

All clases revolve around 5 buttons as far as rotation goes. Evrything else is situational. The problem with grav round is our starting rotation. 3 grav demo 2 grav hib full auto on procs. Once thats done grav becomes a filler. Our worst skill. The whole thing becomes a priority system after that. This is for pve ofc. In pvp your enemy has to be a dead monkey to let you do that.

Mercs / mandos that only use grav are quite bad. Most players dont realize its not grav thats killing them :).

Dont get me wrong im all for a more interesting playstyle but they have to be careful with pve dps. Unlike most other classes our resource is actually holding us back. No spamming allowed :).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All clases revolve around 5 buttons as far as rotation goes. Evrything else is situational. The problem with grav round is our starting rotation. 3 grav demo 2 grav hib full auto on procs. Once thats done grav becomes a filler. Our worst skill. The whole thing becomes a priority system after that. This is for pve ofc. In pvp your enemy has to be a dead monkey to let you do that.

Mercs / mandos that only use grav are quite bad. Most players dont realize its not grav thats killing them :).

Dont get me wrong im all for a more interesting playstyle but they have to be careful with pve dps. Unlike most other classes our resource is actually holding us back. No spamming allowed :).

Play a marauder and say that again.

Play a marauder and say that again.

I am i have been playing melee classes for 20 years and im loving my sent :). Not 50 yet however :).

sent guide 9:50.

1.Force leap

2.Overload Saber

3.Zealous strike

4.Merciless slash

5.Master strike

6.Cauterize

7.Force stasis

Youre correct its a bit more than 5 :).

Cant comment on it since im not 50 tho.

On my healer I've noticed more people will run LoS out of my heals faster than they will run out of tracer missles or any big aoe in general. It's irritating as **** when tracer missile to the face so I cast a heal and before I can get the second heal off they are dead because they just kept derping there expecting to be healed through that or just overall too dumb to move.

"Marauders arn't based on a rotational system though, they're entirely reliant priority systems, which in most cases makes a lot of people fail to play the class properly."

"I honestly think it's the most complicated class."

I agree with you. The problem here is the industry really. MMO's are meant for the masses. There is no such thing as a hard class to play. A bit easier or harder because you have more things to watch surroundings etc... but thats about it. There is nothing complicated about classes in mmos. It cant be. Most players would fail miserably and the company would bankrupt :).

My vote for the "hardest" class to play in this game goes to mara/sent too :).

But as i previously mentioned the horrible grav spam is the 1st pve rotation. After that mercs/mandos go to a priority system. And not only that theres ammo holding you back so youre kinda pressing buttons like youre making a rhytm. With small pauses between skills. If you want to stay in the max regen zone that is.

Now if i could spamm like a gunslinger or a rage/focus user i would have to nerf myself :p.

Slow hard hits is what commandos do. The problem in pvp is youre not watching ammo. Youre killing your oponent. So you spamm do alot of dmg your oponent complains. While youre standing around without ammo lol.

Edited by Fonzek

Marauders arn't based on a rotational system though, they're entirely reliant priority systems, which in most cases makes a lot of people fail to play the class properly.

I honestly think it's the most complicated class.

complicated doesn't mean much in this game. 2 + x = 4 is harder than 2 + 2, but just about everybody can figure it out... and ya, I've played a marauder (well a sentinel, w.e)

The fact that most people are missing is that Tracer Missile is only supposed to be a 'Builder'. Its essentially a utility skill used to buff other skills.

However, when your builder skill regularly crits for 3-4k damage, it becomes apparent that the skill itself is overpowered. 1.5 second CD doing an average of 5-6k every 3 seconds on non def-buffed targets.

They need to introduce a damage cap to Tracer Missile, its as simple as that. Heat seeker etc are supposed to be the big hitters, but atm Tracer Missile/Grav round hit almost as hard as the skills its just supposed to be a 'Builder' for.

Your gear must be garbage. Every single WZ I go in my guild mates hit 4500 crits EVERY WZ, not some, EVERY WZ. Of course they are geared and know how to play their class very, very well. Pick up some gear, get your adrenals and trinkets and watch yourself fly to the top of the damage charts. Also when someone los you, pick a new target. Its ever so much easier then melee in lag with aoe knocback slows and roots (which only the knockback effects the BH) where you are required to stay on target to get damage instead of auto target lock and hit 1 button. I'm not saying nerf commandos/BH I AM saying they are the easiest class to play.

Heavy armor + Range + DPS + hard CC + AOE Knockback w/slow + Self heals = easy cheesy.

Sent by comparison = Medium armor, 1 soft aoe MEZ, 0 knock backs, garbage heals off of crit burns (for 250ish health), melee range (4m), 1 six second stun that stuns you as well. We have to use so many keybinds to be competitive its redonkulous. Yes we have some utility in the form of group buffs and VERY minor group heals, but when it comes to skill required to play its a far, FAR cry from heavy armor wearing, ranged, self healing folks.

I usually own Mercs (not Powertechs) because I trait for max interrupts and burn damage, but a good one just wears me down. Every wz I'm in with a Commando they are always 1st or 2nd in damage unless there are more than one amazing dps sages or gunslingers.

For whatever reason my server has tons of good commandos and not that many good mercs, but the commandos show how extremely powerful the class is. I'm NOT calling for a nerf, but I am saying these L2P comments from Mercs and Commandos are LAUGHABLE!

Yeah, I get 4.5-4.9K crits every WZ too... but it's on one ability that is on a 15 sec CD that requires 6.5 seconds of setup to hit that hard.... and guess what? It's not Tracer Missle.

Full champ gear minus the boots (cent boots)

Edited by Rasstavad

The fact that most people are missing is that Tracer Missile is only supposed to be a 'Builder'. Its essentially a utility skill used to buff other skills.

However, when your builder skill regularly crits for 3-4k damage, it becomes apparent that the skill itself is overpowered. 1.5 second CD doing an average of 5-6k every 3 seconds on non def-buffed targets.

They need to introduce a damage cap to Tracer Missile, its as simple as that. Heat seeker etc are supposed to be the big hitters, but atm Tracer Missile/Grav round hit almost as hard as the skills its just supposed to be a 'Builder' for.

I told you 1600 dmg in full champ gear. 60% surge. So about 2600 crits :). With consumables it can crit 3k but 15 seconds on a 3 minute cooldown is quite short :).

The ONLY thing criting for 4k dmg for mercs/mandos is demo round with 5 vortexes. Gunslingers do much higher crits than us for example.

You need to stop talking about commandos like theyre runing around with permanent 100 % crit chance power relic and adrenal buffs. Yes 3k tracer/grav crits possible for 15 seconds every 3 minutes :).

Also grav/tracer ignore armor so debuffed targets dont mean a thing here.

They can put a damage cap on it and buff demo round. 6k crits incoming :D.

A typical rotation takes approx 5 seconds and can quite realistically do 12k damage. That is more damage in a shorter amount of time than any other class in game (Taking the op/smug nerf into account). It needs bringing in line with other classes, end of.

Oh and the interrupt argument is completely invalid as any class can have skills interrupted.

Edited by Yvin
removed quote + reply

Also grav/tracer ignore armor so debuffed targets dont mean a thing here.

Kinetic damage (which is Tracert Missile/Grav Round) ignoring block/dodge/parry mechanic, but still mititgated by armor, only internal (dots/bleeds), poison and elemental damage ignoring armor rating.

So debuff actualy mean alot to build nice damage.

If you actualy happy with "overall" damage done by mercs - after your suggestion (to shift some damage from tracert to heatseeker) you will be the first one creating QQ topic "OMG, instant cast heatseeker just crits me for 7k, rage!"

Heatseeker still hit harder and no sane merc will ignore it and spam only tracert, you just basicaly did't see it casted and still there is no combat logs - you think only tracert kills you, but it's not true :)

A typical rotation takes approx 5 seconds and can quite realistically do 12k damage. That is more damage in a shorter amount of time than any other class in game (Taking the op/smug nerf into account). It needs bringing in line with other classes, end of.

Oh and the interrupt argument is completely invalid as any class can have skills interrupted.

I've seen shadows get a project procc for 9k (Relics etc up ofcourse)

"Oh and the interrupt argument is completely invalid as any class can have skills interrupted."

Yeah, a class that relies on 1 skill like you say isn't hurt when that 1 skill is locked out for 6 seconds....

Edited by Yvin
edited quote

If you actualy happy with "overall" damage done by mercs - after your suggestion (to shift some damage from tracert to heatseeker) you will be the first one creating QQ topic "OMG, instant cast heatseeker just crits me for 7k, rage!"

Heatseeker still hit harder and no sane merc will ignore it and spam only tracert, you just basicaly did't see it casted and still there is no combat logs - you think only tracert kills you, but it's not true :)

Thats funny, I havent suggested moving the damage over to HS, someone else did. Oh and please stop repeating what other people say about combat logs etc.

I think the common misconception here is that people think because I think TM needs tweaking, that I have problems dealing with Mercs. I dont.

I deal with mercs no problem, but that doesnt mean that what is essentially their 'Basic Attack' does more damage that many other classes 'Builder' counterpart.

I would compare TM with Sundering strike which builds focus and adds an armor debuff and takes 3 hits to get max debuff. The only difference is, it will never crit for anything near 3k as it crits at most for about 1600, it has 4m range etc etc etc.

Anyone who cant be honest and admit that even 2600 damage from 30m every 1.5 seconds for a 'Builder' skill is overpowered, is just scared that their class will get a well deserved nerf.

I think the common misconception here is that people think because I think TM needs tweaking, that I have problems dealing with Mercs. I dont.

I deal with mercs no problem, but that doesnt mean that what is essentially their 'Basic Attack' does more damage that many other classes 'Builder' counterpart.

Right so you have no problem dealing with them, then why the hell are you here ************.

Classes aren't ment to be the same, they should all have different playstyles, unless mercs are overpowered there's no reason whatsoever to change anything, and no they're NOT overpowered.

Edit: Being basic and being overpowered are not the same thing, if mercs were overpowered they would crap all over you.

Edited by mutee

When they came for the Ops/Scoundrels I said nothing because I was not a Ops/Scoundrel.

When they came for the Mercs/Commandos I said nothing because I was not a Merc/Commando

Now they have come for the Sorcs/Sages and nobody is left to say anything for me

:p

Kinetic damage (which is Tracert Missile/Grav Round) ignoring block/dodge/parry mechanic, but still mititgated by armor, only internal (dots/bleeds), poison and elemental damage ignoring armor rating.

So debuff actualy mean alot to build nice damage.

My own fault for assuming i apologize.

Right so you have no problem dealing with them, then why the hell are you here ************.

Classes aren't ment to be the same, they should all have different playstyles, unless mercs are overpowered there's no reason whatsoever to change anything, and no they're NOT overpowered.

Edit: Being basic and being overpowered are not the same thing, if mercs were overpowered they would crap all over you.

I'm here because I see a huge flaw, regardless of how it effects me personally.

Tracer Missile is a builder skill, a builder skill that does too much damage on its own. The rotation is far too simplistic with too great a reward. Either they need to reduce the damage potential of TM or they need to increase the variation in the whole HIB/HS rotation. Its too simple, too easy and the rewards for such simplicity are too high.

Tracer Missile is a builder skill, a builder skill that does too much damage on its own. The rotation is far too simplistic with too great a reward. Either they need to reduce the damage potential of TM or they need to increase the variation in the whole HIB/HS rotation. Its too simple, too easy and the rewards for such simplicity are too high.

They cant just reduce damage that would affect pve. Unless ofc commandos are doing too much dps in ops right now but without logs we dont know that.

And i agree with you on the rotation. I wouldnt mind something more engaging :).

Unload and Rail shot and Explosive Dart takes a place in mercs "dps" rotation.

So it's:

1. Tarcert Missile

2. Heatseeker missile

4. Unload

5. Rail shot

6. Explosive Dart

7. Fusion Missile.

8. some random Rocket Punches from the bottom of my heart (just love them)!

Why do you think using 8 damage skills it's too simple? :\

My sorc is only doing affliction-force lightning-chain on procs and shocks, much less skills to do horrific unmitigated damage.

PS i even think that using only force lightning and chain on prcos will be suffcicient to top damage done on any WZ, more like 80% of damage come from this same as just using Tracert Missile and Heatseeker.

Edited by Wikar