Vigilance vs. Focus & C2-N2

varactylking

I have been slowly leveling up my guardian as a vigilance spec, but I have been talking to a lot of people who say that the way to go is Focus. So I was wondering:

What are the pros and cons of both Vigilance and Focus? What are your opinions on the different specs?

And to address the second part of the title: Is C2-N2 our healer? And if he is, how do we make him better?

/discuss!

I have been slowly leveling up my guardian as a vigilance spec, but I have been talking to a lot of people who say that the way to go is Focus. So I was wondering:

What are the pros and cons of both Vigilance and Focus? What are your opinions on the different specs?

And to address the second part of the title: Is C2-N2 our healer? And if he is, how do we make him better?

/discuss!

C2 N2 is not meant for combat. You get Doc in your 30s.

Gonna C+p what I said on the last thread.

"I have played both Focus and Vigilance so far, constantly respeccing to see if which is better, and I can easily say Focus is far better for leveling so far for purely one reason: Damage Mitigation.

The Shii-Cho form lowers damage taken by 3%. It may not seem much, but the increased survivability goes a very long way. As you go higher in the tree, Shii-Cho gets increased DPS and better methods of gaining focus. Once you get Sweep Bombing, damage is lowered further because you can easily take out fodder without taking them out one at a time. It's also going to be your strongest burst move against Elites and higher, and the added critical change with force moves (Blade Storm, Force Sweep, Force Push) adds onto your DPS.

Vigilance makes you a glass cannon and it doesn't even make you have better DPS. If any tree is backloaded, it's definitely this tree. All of the damage mitigation talents are quite high in tiers and is unreachable until 40. At this point you gain talents which reset Master Strike, which is a hard-hitting move no matter what level. Overhead Slash is nothing to laugh at either.

So In short: Focus until 40, then look at Vigilance. "

And after I learned that Master Strike isn't all that good of a DPS move, it just makes the Vigilance tree look worse.

Gonna C+p what I said on the last thread.

"I have played both Focus and Vigilance so far, constantly respeccing to see if which is better, and I can easily say Focus is far better for leveling so far for purely one reason: Damage Mitigation.

The Shii-Cho form lowers damage taken by 3%. It may not seem much, but the increased survivability goes a very long way. As you go higher in the tree, Shii-Cho gets increased DPS and better methods of gaining focus. Once you get Sweep Bombing, damage is lowered further because you can easily take out fodder without taking them out one at a time. It's also going to be your strongest burst move against Elites and higher, and the added critical change with force moves (Blade Storm, Force Sweep, Force Push) adds onto your DPS.

Vigilance makes you a glass cannon and it doesn't even make you have better DPS. If any tree is backloaded, it's definitely this tree. All of the damage mitigation talents are quite high in tiers and is unreachable until 40. At this point you gain talents which reset Master Strike, which is a hard-hitting move no matter what level. Overhead Slash is nothing to laugh at either.

So In short: Focus until 40, then look at Vigilance. "

And after I learned that Master Strike isn't all that good of a DPS move, it just makes the Vigilance tree look worse.

I had no problems leveling at all in the Vigilance spec. Furthermore there are talents in the Vigilance spec that increase survivability such as Protector and Commanding Awe. Protector gives you 4% more endurance, and Commanding Awe lowers the cool down of Awe by 15% seconds plus a 4% damage reduction to go along with it. Of course they are higher level talents in the 30s, but leveling and mobs really don't start posing a challenge until your 30s - right? Also If you're going to respec at 40 you might as well go full Defense tree specced as a tank and then go to Vigilance if you're really concerned about surviving. Soresu and the Defense tree beat the hell out of Shii-Cho and the Focus tree, and Master Focus does not suck -- it's one of the Knights hardest hitting attacks and if used right can bring in a lot of dmg. It has the highest DPS to a single target of any attack we have.

Finally you will want to use T3 early on for his tanking, but once you get doc you'll use them.

I had absolutely no problems leveling at all with Vigilance infact, it came somewhat easy for me.

Edited by bamsmacked