Bugs ruined my final smuggler class quest

ibrac

What should have been an exciting climax to my smuggler class quest line was instead an exercise in frustration as I attempted to complete it and had issue after issue with "Cannot see target" as I attempted to complete this quest. I submitted an in game ticket for this to ensure it was brought to Biowares attention. There is nothing they can do for me, I was able to complete it, but I hope they can fix it before others have to suffer through this.

I was doing the quest "The Final Score" - Find a Vacant Escape Pod.

Each time I would engage the mobs, crouch behind my little smugglers shield to use all my special smuggler attacks and next thing I knew it was "Cannot see target" this wasn't just once, it was over and over, at least ten plus times, often resulting in my dieing because I couldn't target a mob, but other mobs could target me. Trying to change targets often resulted in being unable to target anything until I got out of cover and ran right up to the mob. There is something with the map of that area that should have been specifically constructed for a smuggler that doesn't seem to want us to use our smugglers shield and it make a dramatic and challenging final quest into a "I'm about to smash my keyboard and cancel my sub" type of quest.

I was stuck on this ship with no way off but to complete the quest, or abandom my class quest line. Mobs were running all over and it was obvious the mob pathing was not consistant with the map. It was almost like the mobs were on a different map and thus my issues in being able to target them.

I decided to cancel my sub over this just to send Bioware the message they need to do better in removing bugs like this. It is not acceptable for someone to grind to 50, be right at the end of their class quest and have issue after issue completing a key class quest just because they didn't build the quest areas right.

"

If any other smugglers have had issues with this quest, please speak up. If you didn't have such issues, I'm happy for you and glad you didn't get the bug fest I ran into.

Edited by ibrac

That instance is really,really buggy.

You have to use your Fleet Pass to get out of it.

Mobs would do very weird things in there besides the fact I had duplicate Elites show up.

I also got the "unable to see target" even though the mob was hitting me just fine.

I finished it but to add insult to injury you get a pair of pants that are worse than what you are currently using.

That instance is really,really buggy.

You have to use your Fleet Pass to get out of it.

Mobs would do very weird things in there besides the fact I had duplicate Elites show up.

I also got the "unable to see target" even though the mob was hitting me just fine.

I finished it but to add insult to injury you get a pair of pants that are worse than what you are currently using.

Thanks, glad to know I wasn't the only one having issues with that quest instance. I think it shows the lack of beta testing on the high end content to ensure it was bug free and tuned correctly for all players.

I was actually lucky enough to get to the escape pod and activate it, so saw the final cinematic. That was fun to see at least. Still, what it took to get to that point was painful to say the least.

Edited by ibrac

Yeah, it's buggy as ****.

Had all the same issues. I wasn't sure how to word a bug report on it, however, and then kinda forgot. Good on you for reporting it AND making a thread for us to talk about how buggy it is so the devs can see it's not an isolated thing.

Edit: Kinda feels like it should be in the smuggler section though? Ehhhh whatever.

Edited by KryloKillian

Yeah, it's buggy as ****.

Had all the same issues. I wasn't sure how to word a bug report on it, however, and then kinda forgot. Good on you for reporting it AND making a thread for us to talk about how buggy it is so the devs can see it's not an isolated thing.

Edit: Kinda feels like it should be in the smuggler section though? Ehhhh whatever.

I was tempted to post it in the smuggler section, in the bug reports and general - but figured I'd get in trouble for spamming :rolleyes:

Thanks for confirming it is a problem!

I definitely was looking forward to completing my class quest today when I came home from work, only to run into the "Cannot see target" glitch, as well as pulling mobs from several rooms away when I did finally manage to engage a mob. In the end I had to body crawl to the pod and die next to it so I could just rez myself and click on it...but it's still irritating that it took me 3 deaths of trying to fight off swarms of mobs before I just gave up and resolved to the body crawl...