Need Help Beating Troopers - PvP

SWGjumpedSHARK

I'm not trying to create a post complaining about troopers being OP and they should be nerfed. I am struggling beating them 1v1, however, and could use some tips on fighting them. Most other classes I can defeat fairly easily. For some reason when it's a trooper I cannot seem to manage the damage output needed to kill them before they drop me. Any suggestions?

Btw, I am pyro if that makes any difference.

Edited by SWGjumpedSHARK

I'm not trying to create a post complaining about troopers being OP and they should be nerfed. I am struggling beating them 1v1, however, and could use some tips on fighting them. Most other classes I can defeat fairly easily. For some reason when it's a trooper I cannot seem to manage the damage output needed to kill them before they drop me. Any suggestions?

And the trooper giving you headaches is what? Tank, vanguard dps, commando healer or commando dps? What are they doing and you are not doing that makes the game 1 sided in their favor? More details appreciated (of course presuming is not a jelly trooper trolling on BH forums to get some attention :D).

Pyro is why you're losing.

I love pyro too but it just doesn't compare to the burst dps of arms. Respec into arms and test it yourself, tracer / unload / rail shot / heatseeker missiles become your bread and butter. Practice first, look at the debuffs you apply to targets with tracer and learn when to best capitalize on using unload and rail shot.

However you are going to hate that you're not mobile anymore.

Alternative is to learn to use LOS a lot against grav round using troopers since you're more mobile than they are. Or learn the max range and dance back and forth in and out of it while their standing there trying to channel grav round.