Full length SWTOR style CGI Movies.

Virix

Full Length CGI movies cost more than full-budget blockbuster films.

Think Avatar cost (wikipedia'd) $380 million for the film alone, excluding marketing.

A 10-15 minute CGI video with actors and cost, is probably about half that - when made by professionals like the people who made the videos for the promotion of this game. (Decieved, Hope, Return of the Empire etc)

Im not saying Im not all for it, but I think its unlikely due to cost alone.

Give me a good non CGI movie anyday. I mean that for scifi also. I am so against green screen that life out of everything at this point. Let the acctors have something to interact with, and be a part of. I am convinced we see so much bad acting today because not only are we asking them to know their lines, but also were some imaginary thing that they have no idea what it will look like is going to be placed. We are asking them to do to much. Plus so many producers try to save bad scripts and acting by pumping up the special effects, and forgetting everything needs to be done well for it all to work.

So you think that Bioware paid 200MIL-ish for each of the CGI segment in this game? I find that to be a bit much. I am sure its not cheap but that seams a bit high. They are going to hit 5 mil subscribers easy. I think it could be done. :p

Full Length CGI movies cost more than full-budget blockbuster films.

Think Avatar cost (wikipedia'd) $380 million for the film alone, excluding marketing.

A 10-15 minute CGI video with actors and cost, is probably about half that - when made by professionals like the people who made the videos for the promotion of this game. (Decieved, Hope, Return of the Empire etc)

Im not saying Im not all for it, but I think its unlikely due to cost alone.

not really. Most CGI movies cost a lot because the studio making them can charge that much for them. Really they are not that expensive since you dont' have to build sets, pay for an entire film crew catering and so fourth.

You just need computers, some animators with tallent, and voice actors.

This is the reason why the market is flooded with CGI movies. Look back to the 80s and 90s back then it was rare if there was another hand drawn animated film to come out in theaters that wasn't made by Disney.

hell id be fine with bioware just making a tor movie with real actors but wouldnt mind cgi either...lucas needs to take some notes from bioware on story and plot. not to mention making cool characters (no more jar jar please...i beg u...) If this game does good enough lets cross our fingers for a tor movie somday:) and even more so that it doesnt bomb cause lets face it...games turned into movies have a preaty pathetic reputation.

Blasphemy!!

Atleast we wouldn't have to hear Anakin whine every third second of the movie.

"It's not fair"

"They're holding me back"

"He is holding me back"

"I hate you"

"I hate them"

Bla bla bla, Anakin is properly my most hated character in the Star War universe xD His alter ego (Vader) is much better :p

The argument about games made into movies applies in the other direction too; EXCEPT FOR STAR WARS!

Yeah, Star Wars is the only franchise that works both ways, because as long as there is lightsabre combat, we'll sit and watch/play.

I also agree with BioWare kicking Lucas butt about story and plot.

I think these trailers demonstrate the potential of the medium, now it simply needs a real story of a caliber worthy of the title Star Wars. Simple name recognition will ensure the revenues from the project.

I would much prefer it to be about something far removed from the movies timeline. Just a few examples of characters I think deserve their own movies:

1: Darth Bane

2: Exar Kun

3: Naga Sadow

4: Ajunta Pal

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's a great idea and here's why Bioware CAN make it happen!

1) George Lucas is interested in making a movie set in the time period as he has stated times before.

2) If it's Star Wars, then Lucasfilm will be involved. They owe Industrial Lights & Magic, can't they get a discount?

3) It's Star Wars whatever is spent on it, it WILL make it back.

I'd vote for CGi only because the combat looks way more dynamic then the films.