There will be no server merges

LordSatoh

ASAP

You don't state your opinion as a fact. It's deceptive, it's trolling.

Edit your title to state "IMO" and it stands a better chance of survival.

mine got closed without a reason for asking hy use the hero engine when it clearly is under performing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I have been saying since release. The engine and code simply cannot handle more than 30 people on screen.

The Hero Engine is trash bloatware and Bioware got ripped-off.

I'll tell ya what's odd to me is, if I turn my UI off, I get a significant FPS increase.

I had a hard time running SWG in crowded area, or just rising through Mos Eisley. AoC had similar issues, couldn't even do a Siege. They could have made their own engine, and still had problems.

Internet wasn't what it is now though either.

It wasn't the Internets fault. It was their hardware & software that needed upgrades and fixes. No amount of beta testing can prepare you for the real thing. People just don't seem to play the same while testing as they do in live.

EVE online manages hundreds...it also manages thousands but at that point, performance DOES turn to crap

only lag i remember n eve was the protest at leaked documents and every one shooting at the statue.

And i think the engine will be the down fall of this game, lots of problems can be linked with it. Not feeling like a MMO because of sharding, have to shard because engine cant handle lots of ppl. Ability delay happens when lots of ppl are on screen (PvP) engine again. Desktop crashes happening when lots of activity, engine ????. Terible FPS in WZ engine ????

I think alot of people are giving this game a month or 2 sub time and if problems are not sorted then im sure u will see a big drop in numbers

EVE online manages hundreds...it also manages thousands but at that point, performance DOES turn to crap

Not much rendering and object tracking that needs to be done in space, where the detail and object density is nowhere near comparable to MMO worlds, also the player avatars in EVE are fairly static compared to player and mob characters in regular MMO's, plus the long distances where opponents are nothing but tiny specks in space definitely helps too with lag and the amount of objects and actions that have to be kept in mind.

The difference in the level of graphic quality that is trying to be achieved is part of the issue. If they downgraded SWTOR to the level of WoW then performance would improve exponentially.

Then they should do that. ASAP. This is a MMO not a single player game where if your PC isn't that great you can buy a console version of the game.

there a reason most mmo take the pains to build their own engine.

I think mmo needs to tailor make engines for their games.

BW took a lot of shortcuts which is so sad since they had the time and money to do it right just not the effort.

I don't know how they are going to sort out a bad engine but i am giving them 1 more month personally.

Edited by ranlaen

someone didn't play at launch when Ironforge was called Lagforge.

That wasn't 30 people, that was more like 150 people. WoW easily hands 30+ people on screen. I haven't played WoW for a long, LONG time but I remember massive combat situations like old AV and even earlier Tarren Mill pvp. My compy handled those fine, no lag, no stuttering. This game runs like a fat kid tryin to make it up hill to the ice cream stand--SLOW, with lots and lots of stops.

Then they should do that. ASAP. This is a MMO not a single player game where if your PC isn't that great you can buy a console version of the game.

Actually, SWTOR's population cap per planet before things are instanced is a lot higher than it was for EQ2 and AoC, which both were MMO's too :cool:

That wasn't 30 people, that was more like 150 people. WoW easily hands 30+ people on screen. I haven't played WoW for a long, LONG time but I remember massive combat situations like old AV and even earlier Tarren Mill pvp. My compy handled those fine, no lag, no stuttering. This game runs like a fat kid tryin to make it up hill to the ice cream stand--SLOW, with lots and lots of stops.

Let me tell you what WoW did...

I was in a huge PvP guild. We would form a 40 man raid, maybe 2 of them, and attack Ironforge and the entire server would crash.

People would constantly get "loot lagged". Kneel down to loot a corpse and just get stuck like a couple of minutes, if not requiring a log out.

Blizzard had a beta. They had a huge open beta. They still had all those problems, which they fixed, and the game is still doing fine.

Let me tell you what WoW did...

I was in a huge PvP guild. We would form a 40 man raid, maybe 2 of them, and attack Ironforge and the entire server would crash.

People would constantly get "loot lagged". Kneel down to loot a corpse and just get stuck like a couple of minutes, if not requiring a log out.

Blizzard had a beta. They had a huge open beta. They still had all those problems, which they fixed, and the game is still doing fine.

QFT,

WoW and it's graphics could run smooth on a super nintendo.

Unless they create dynamic, large scale outdoor events, I don't really care. Seeing 20 people I don't care about as I run around getting my own things done is no less compelling than seeing 100 people I don't care about as I run around getting my things done.

The people I *do* care about I'll probably see in instances or am simply chatting with them.

Unless they create dynamic, large scale outdoor events, I don't really care. Seeing 20 people I don't care about as I run around getting my own things done is no less compelling than seeing 100 people I don't care about as I run around getting my things done.

The people I *do* care about I'll probably see in instances or am simply chatting with them.

I can agree with that. If this was RIFT then it would be really annoying to have a small server pop and no one to do events with. But it's not.

“I need this,” said Gordon. “I am about to start a special project and these tools will let us build and prototype fast and get something running in a hurry.” Gordon is not an excitable guy by nature but this had his adrenaline flowing. “This is just what I need! I want to license your engine.”

“It’s not productized yet,” we told Gordon. “There are whole sections of code that is only roughed in and not optimized for performance or security. And there are very few comments and very little documentation.”

He didn’t care. “We are going to have tons of engineers. We can finish it ourselves

Straight off hero engine site

obviously they didnt finish it themselves

http://www.heroengine.com/2011/11/heroengine-meets-starwars/

“I need this,” said Gordon. “I am about to start a special project and these tools will let us build and prototype fast and get something running in a hurry.” Gordon is not an excitable guy by nature but this had his adrenaline flowing. “This is just what I need! I want to license your engine.”

“It’s not productized yet,” we told Gordon. “There are whole sections of code that is only roughed in and not optimized for performance or security. And there are very few comments and very little documentation.”

He didn’t care. “We are going to have tons of engineers. We can finish it ourselves

Straight off hero engine site

obviously they didnt finish it themselves

http://www.heroengine.com/2011/11/heroengine-meets-starwars/

Nobody ever does.