I never get nice things

JaceMG

Im playing as a trooper commando on a PvE server and i havent picked up any good loot since coruscant were i did all missions and heroic missions. I am new to mmo's and all so i need someone to tell me if its somthing i've done or somthing i have to do or is the game just hating on the troopers like always AM I RIGHT

Im playing as a trooper commando on a PvE server and i havent picked up any good loot since coruscant were i did all missions and heroic missions. I am new to mmo's and all so i need someone to tell me if its somthing i've done or somthing i have to do or is the game just hating on the troopers like always AM I RIGHT

Try getting a group together and running some Flashpoints in your level range. You're bound to win a roll on something you can use sooner or later. If Flashpoints aren't your thing, quest and save up commendations from the respective planets and spend them at the Equipment Commendation Vendors located on each planet. They have all kinds of gear that you can buy with anywhere from 7-25 commendations. If commendations aren't your thing, individual quests reward you with items, so in all truth, it's quite hard not to stumble upon several upgrades for yourself during a single play-session. If none of these are your thing, then I really think MMOs might be outside your comfort zone.

Peace

-B

i wouldnt worry about loot too much until you get to level 50.

It would be nice to pick up somthing i can use once in a while instead of gettting just crap for jedi and stuff they dosn't even come close to the equipment in using

Don't rely on drops and quest rewards to equip your guy. If you're like me you are several levels ahead of your quests (I like to fully complete each planet) and the rewards and drops are bad even if they are for troopers.

Take the blues and greens you find and sell them on the GTN. Travel to a GTN terminal or keep an alt at fleet and browse the GTN listings occasionally. Decent deals are easy to come by and you can keep yourself in good greens without breaking the bank. Buy ahead of your level and you'll find you have plenty of time to pick up what you need at good prices.

If you are using Aric or Dorn you get the bonus of handme downs. Right now my trooper has all green 35s (with a smattering of better statted blues ) and Aric has the same but at level 33. I have a full set of 37 gear waiting for me on an alt I keep at fleet. When I get to 37 I'll move into that gear and Aric gets my 35s.

My trooper feels powerful and I'm making much more money than I'm spending. I'll probably stick with this method to 50.

Protips:

- Save commendations and use them on custom gear

- If the quest rewards aren't huge upgrades, and you get the option to pick a blue box, select the box! Has a big chance of containing an orange item

- Keep an eye out on the global market, a lot of good stuff there, for low prices

- Do warzones

It's easy to farm warzone commendations. I am level 50, and I still have my orange level 40 PvP set on. Why? Because it's moddable. Once you reach level 50, you do the dailies and replace the mods with epic level 50 modifications. If you are lucky and score some champion items from the daily PvP mission, you can snap out the epic level 56 mods and pop them into the custom gear as well (better for PvE, you'll get more of your primary stats, but no expertise).

Currently, I have 36% crit rate unbuffed, with 76% crit multiplier rating, and over 1400 aim in my level 40 PvP gear. I've just modded it up.

Edited by Somewherehiding

I seem to get a ton of "good stuff/drops" ,its very rare I use them though as theyre normally below what I have equipped. This is because everytime I level up or every 2 days I goto the GTN and see if there is anything better for me or my companions.

Its the best way I think as im now lv44 and have jut shy of 11k hp.

I'm downright predatory as a trooper (Vanguard Assault in my case, which is as shooty as we get) when it comes to running around.

Gun for elites, even lower-level ones as you're running around. Look for places where it's easy to go back and forth between a few good targets (or security chests) and stock up. I've got three oranges and a purple armor piece so far as loot drops to 31, and piles of blues and commendations (and we <3 commendation gear, yes sir!).

You may not get drops, but you can -easily- get good gear. Spots like the Nar Shaadda spaceport upper level or the sand people area near Outlaw's Den in Tatooine will pile up the credits, and that means you and the companion should be easily kitting out in orange/blue gear with the results. And remember to check the vendors at Fleet, too. Don't sweat the RNG. Commendations and vendors will more than make up for it.

- If the quest rewards aren't huge upgrades, and you get the option to pick a blue box, select the box! Has a big chance of containing an orange item

Huh is that so? Never knew that thanks. I'll try that this time leveling up my alt.

I just want to chime in that as a commando I almost never get a drop I can use while my bounty hunter got tons of usable drops. I know it's the RNG and luck more than anything but it's enough to notice a clear difference and I don't know if maybe empire vs republic areas and mobs have anything to do with it or not.

At this point it's rare to even get a green drop that has aim while I've gotten probably 50+ each of strength or cunning. I've yet to get an orange, blue or purple drop that has aim. Received a handful each of those on my bounty hunter too :rolleyes:

Not just related to commando's, but I feel the run of looting is almost always not in favour of the class you play. My commando regularly loots jedi gear, my jedi's have done well equipping my smuggler etc.

Of course some of this is down to the fact that any loot drop could be for 1 of 4 classes (more if you include AC differences like sentinel vs guardian), so in theory thats at best a 25% chance of getting something that suits your class.

Best options are to sell what you loot on the GTN to fund your own purchases, or to take a supporting crafting skill (armortech for your own gear, cybertech to keep oranges upgraded etc). I took armortech with my commando and have found that, with not much effort, I can keep myself well geared with close to level blue armour (which even matches). Supplement this with PVP armour at lvl 20 / 40 and your good to go.