Tracer missile is BOOOOOORING

Labradoraki

You'll get more dps mileage by using heatseeker after 3 tracers b/c it does more damage per heat signature (3 tracers maxes you at 5 if you're specced correctly).

You would then use Rail shot after 5 tracers b/c of http://www.torhead.com/ability/6eqS09V/tracer-lock.

Using your formula:

Relic

Unload

Tracer x3

Unload if it procs

Heatseeker

Tracer x2

Rail Shot

You've got them the wrong way round... heatseeker is the 5X as it stacks 5 times for a buff of 5% per stack... Rail shot requires the heat signature which stacks 2 at a time up to 5 times so you only need 3 missiles to accomplish this.

No you can't. You can't do above average if you use tracer missile and nothing else. If you play against absolute idiots then yes you can do above average. If you spam it you do a lot less than you should be doing.

The irony was commenting on spamming an ability on a class you don't play, which is false in itself because spamming the ability is major fail and you are gimping yourself, the only way you can win spamming tracer is against people who are bad as it is so easily countered, and does less damage than your other abilities if you just spam it. The video you posted shows this. Also the fact that you play a class that actually CAN spam force lightning with a slow and damage because they can trick it out with no cooldown. If I just came to you and laughed at you saying you could just pop your shield and spam lightning over and over it would get your back up as well. Sorcerers do not have to use anywhere close to 30 abilities none stop on the go to compete, please don't pretend they have to.

The difference is that mercenaries can remain competitive doing nothing but spamming the one ability.

As it's shown in the video, the guy beats the other mercenaries on his team who are 50, and gets some 26 kills (which in aldaraan by the way isn't bad) with 3 deaths doing nothing but spamming tracer missile.

Sure I could spam lightning all game, but it crits for a maximum of about 1000, and hits 4 times over 3 seconds.

Tracer crits for a max of around 3200-3300, that's what the guy in the video crits for and I'm better geared than he is so I'll say that's a fair comparison.

In the same amount of time you're doing 6,600 and I'm doing 4000 (Assuming it all crits for as high as it can)

It turns out sorcerers also have an ability, lightning strike, with no cooldown and a 1.5 second cast. It's essentially the same as tracer missile in that regard. The main difference is that it does less than half the damage of tracer (which is one of the reasons nobody plays lightning spec)

You'd be hard pressed to find a video of any other class doing that well with one ability.

You've got them the wrong way round... heatseeker is the 5X as it stacks 5 times for a buff of 5% per stack... Rail shot requires the heat signature which stacks 2 at a time up to 5 times so you only need 3 missiles to accomplish this.

No, I'm afraid you are the one who has those mixed up.

Edited by Machazareel

No I don't.

3 Tracers gives you 5 stacks assuming you're specced in Light 'em Up

Heatseeker is x5 stacks.

Rail Shot via Tracer Lock takes 5 actual Tracer shots.

Go read the tooltips.

No, I'm afraid you are the one who has those mixed up.

So I do, I do apologise. In fact I do know that, because I see targets with 2 lots of heat signatures when they are targeted by different bounty hunters that you then fire heat seekers for. It is rail shot that gives the 5X and stacks up to 5x so it should be switched round in my original rotation. Brain fart moment.

Edited by Zetara

AH!!! so this is why i tend to wreck a bounty hunter, whn I stun his tracer... he gets confused and his combo goes out of wack... I'm glad I dont have to channel anything.

Good BHs will be rdy to switch to Power Shot, an instant missile, or los/kite until the 4 sec debuff wears off.

Good BHs will be rdy to switch to Power Shot, an instant missile, or los/kite until the 4 sec debuff wears off.

And some will remember which players actually use their interrupts, and attempt to bait it out by starting with Power Shot once their opponent is in range to interrupt them. Admittedly I rarely end up doing that, though, because most players simply do not use their interrupts for some reason.

It confuses me, really. Because interrupts are so important and relied upon in WoW, yet so many people seem to forget they exist in SWTOR.

edit: I suppose it may be due to the fact that SWTOR interrupts only lock out that particular ability, whilst on WoW they lock out the school, but people should still be using them on attacks such as Tracer Missile, as it is essentially the foundation of the most popular damage spec.

Edited by Machazareel

And some will remember which players actually use their interrupts, and attempt to bait it out by starting with Power Shot once their opponent is in range to interrupt them. Admittedly I rarely end up doing that, though, because most players simply do not use their interrupts for some reason.

It confuses me, really. Because interrupts are so important and relied upon in WoW, yet so many people seem to forget they exist in SWTOR.

edit: I suppose it may be due to the fact that SWTOR interrupts only lock out that particular ability, whilst on WoW they lock out the school, but people should still be using them on attacks such as Tracer Missile, as it is essentially the foundation of the most popular damage spec.

Agreed. I very very rarely fake cast anymore. When I do, it's usually the quick heal that I'm hoping to get interrupted so I can use the real heal w/out getting interrupted assuming they break CC or I can't Cc them.