Tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

ReRuined

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked tracer missile so much on my BH I respec'd Bodyguard and now run around being a pocket healer!

Now I'm all kinds of mad stylin', yo. MAD STYLIN' with no tracer missile.

Seriously considering mostly healing on a Trooper, which is close enough to the same as a BH, I figure. So how is it? Have you done okay with it even solo healing, or do you need support?

Sith is for 12 year olds why do you think they made it so mercs can spam tracer and sorc can spam force lightning, it's easy for the bad 12 year olds to make them feel good.

good argument

cept repub and imps are mirrored /facepalm

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

SILENCED

OMG RUN IN CIRCLES FOR 4 SECONDS

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

Seriously, how does 1 class get away with being 1 Button Champions, but every other needs 3-4 bars of abilities to be effective?

yes and its not doing normal damage either the damage from tracer missile and grav round is freaking stupidly high.

they both need a 15 second cooldown

It's called LOS, CCs, and Knockbacks... Learn to use them.

/facepalm

This... Oh, and interrupts. Though I seem to be able to kill enemy arsenal mercs/gunnery commandos more often than they kill me as a pyro merc. it's not hard to abuse the hell out of LoS obstacles all over the BGs.

You think we like that? Gimme a break. Give me an interrupt or a jump (Not sure why a Bounty Hunter can't charge people with ROCKETS DUH).....

Otherwise we have no abilities other than tracer......

Commandos get by without a mirror skill like that. If they have one I've never seen it. Grav Round sure as hell isn't that effective as it's just a debuff and not the main event. Grav round does about 800 - 1200 and tracer does 2000-2500. Who needs Unload when your filler move is that powerful?

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

SILENCED

OMG RUN IN CIRCLES FOR 4 SECONDS

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

Seriously, how does 1 class get away with being 1 Button Champions, but every other needs 3-4 bars of abilities to be effective?

Gonna get nerfed. Every warzone is at least half tracer missile spammers. We all know people gravitate to the ez mode so its gonna get nerfed..mark my words.

Yeah I have to admit that I've been pretty annoyed at this. I have found a way to not be so annoyed about it though: I rolled a merc and specced tracer missile.

ROFLS. Seriously though, just make the armor debuff proc off of something else and the stacking buff of another abiltity. Comando/Merc is so boring. Give them some depth poor guys.

Gonna get nerfed. Every warzone is at least half tracer missile spammers. We all know people gravitate to the ez mode so its gonna get nerfed..mark my words.

On my server I'll occasionally see one or two every couple fights, but they also know how to hit heatseeker missile at least. And occasionally rail shot. And get wrecked by a melee that focuses on them.

Well a Sorc or Sage doesn't even have to spam, they just hit one button and let their lightning/rockthrow ability do the rest. If you want BH nerfs, then nerf those as well. Then while you're at it, nerf Commandos, because, well, they do the exact same thing as a BH.

Oh but wait, at this point, the only classes left unnerfed will be overpowered, and then the carousel begins again.

Well a Sorc or Sage doesn't even have to spam, they just hit one button and let their lightning/rockthrow ability do the rest. If you want BH nerfs, then nerf those as well. Then while you're at it, nerf Commandos, because, well, they do the exact same thing as a BH.

Oh but wait, at this point, the only classes left unnerfed will be overpowered, and then the carousel begins again.

Except Commandos aren't OP, why aren't you guys getting that? You obviously don't play in the 50s brackets.

Tracer missile does just over twice the damage of grav round. I suspect tracer isn't working as intended as it does way more than the description says. Tracer should be filler and Unload should be their primary dmg attack as full auto is with gunnery. I have never landed a grav round that took off 25% of anyone's health. I have never had a grav round take off 2500 of my health. Even a grav round crit does about 1800. Charged Bolt does more damage than grav round.

I only used grav round when demolition round, high impact shot and full auto are on cooldown before I resepcced to Assault Spec.

Edited by Dayshadow

Seriously considering mostly healing on a Trooper, which is close enough to the same as a BH, I figure. So how is it? Have you done okay with it even solo healing, or do you need support?

Had to switch to using a more tanky companion to maximize the purpose of half my powers and secondary benefits thereof (which seem primarily to be tank assists such as +10% defense when using the fast healing scan on the target as well as a reactive Kotto Shell heal), but my DPS is still plenty fine to do my dailies and beat things away from gathering nodes no problem.

In PVP, I have no business trying to burn anyone down and I basically can't even when I try anymore, but I'm very well set to run healing support. Not the most glamorous job, and I usually don't even post huge total points healed for being heavily tactical in where/how I throw my healing around, but I help my team win.

In hardmodes...oh yeah. Little bit of skill in heat scheduling and occasionally throwing a fusion missile out there to womp a dot on a boss when I've got some breathing room and that's where I've been shining, or throw a 60 second merc-universal CC on something during pre-fight setup for that matter.

Merc bodyguard, and I'd presume the trooper equivalent, can be super effective healers. Our heat or your ammo pool isn't as deep as a force healer's, but it replenishes faster and, I think, is more useful for a drawn out endurance run for that.

In PVP, I usually tap a tanky sort since I queue solo a lot when I can. Pulled off some great duoing stunts, though people can, will and do go 'HEALER DIE!" and rip you down under a focused dogpile...but that's ok.

It's been a great change of pace, and a real perspective swap. Effectiveness is undisputable, but the approach is totally different. Roll a full spec'd healer out there and you pull that role intelligently and you'll, often enough, be a heavy contributor to wins you're a part of.

'Course, if your team's a random and a fustercluck, you'll just melt a lot. But in that case, one does anyway.

I'd recommend anybody looking for a change of pace that has the option to give it a whirl. It'll help you get a real firsthand feel for the tolerances and abilities of a healer (and let you better tailor your DPSing or even tanking with such knowledge in mind) and you'll almost certainly be in high demand for every hardmode and op if you take the time to be a -GOOD- healer and work it like it's goin' out of style.

BH merc bodyguards and, again I'd only suspect, their trooper equivalents can be dead awesome healers, and I wouldn't want a different sort of healer for a long, grueling fight where decent heals are gonna have to just keep rolling like clockwork non-stop.

Edit: Also, DPS crit/surge gear is also great for a healer spec. Some folks seem to think you have to stack power to up your baseline, but if you're rolling around with 35-40% tech crit on a merc (or trooper) healer? You're literally critting over a third of the time, and with an enormous 85-95% surge rating (I roll with 89%) it's dirt easy to throw 4-6k heals pretty consistently and pull off 2500-ish crits with kolto bomb (a merc's AoE heal).

I've tried the power stacking and, frankly, it didn't up the baseline nearly enough to come out equal to rolling streams of consistently high crits. Kinda flies in the face of conventional healer gearing philosophy (The 'never rely on crits' truism specifically), but I've solo healed stupid PUG hardmodes with idiot tanks and scatterbrained DPS' effectively.

In a decently organized run, pfffff...your biggest worry isn't gonna be if you can heal enough, fast enough, consistently enough; it's gonna be if the crazy heal aggro is gonna pull too much hate at a bad time when you don't have breathing room to scale it back.

So, if you're rocking crit/surge gear, you don't even have to get new gear to give it a genuine feel. Just a respec (or two if you decide you don't like it).

Edited by Uruare

tracer missile does just over twice the damage of grav round. I suspect tracer isn't working as intended as it does way more than the description says. Tracer should be filler and unload should be their primary dmg attack as full auto is with gunnery. I have never landed a grav round that took off 25% of anyone's health. I have never had a grav round take off 2500 of my health. Even a grav round crit does about 1800. Charged bolt does more damage than grav round.

bwahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!

how many times does it need to be posted? tracer missile is no more overpowered than any other main special in the game.

want to know why some bh's hit so hard with tracer missile? stack surge and crit and watch the damage pile up. any dps class is able to do this

tracer missile spammers are easily killed. if you cant kill them, youre likely just as bad as the tracer missile spammer.

stop crying for nerfs, learn your class, and stop sucking

Indeed.

This video is what happens when you have solid pvp gear, do not get cc'ed because your enemies are not doing what they should and you are fighting ungeared players. As a merc I am insta-targetted in PVP because of peoples misconception that tracer missile is going to own them like that just automatically, when in fact the ability is not OP, there are many variables for that to happen, the average BH/MC will be ganged hard trying to ONLY spam tracer.

And as said, other DPS classes can achieve this if they spec for it as well with their own specials.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.