Get bio last thanks to nerf? Min/maxing

Gruntcruncher

So,

If you took Bio as your craft you got screwed unless you had figured out already, since 1.1bio is the last crafting skill you go for if your min maxing. Unless your ok with dropping bio, then picking it back up once your done min/maxing your gear. There is one other craft that has lvl 400 to use restriction but I cannot remember which it is.

Min/maxers, these guys are leveling each craft, cherry picking the best items to use, then dropping the craft for the next one.

So why bio last?

It's thanks to the, you must have 400 skill level to use the good stuff.

So what, you would have to be mad to do it anyway?

It would cost a fortune and take forever to level and craft (rng) and then redo. In answer to that, It takes very little in costs unless your bulk buying mats off the GTN. It took me three days to go from 400 artifice to 400 Bio.

If you take this route, then from the seperate craft's you end up with several items that are BoP crafted purples with augment slots, that make them as good as rakata gear if not slightly better. The best bit is THEY DO NOT HAVE THE "Level 400 in that craft skill to use" restriction on them. Only with Bio and that other one I cannot remember the name of) is there a one way system.

Arifice, its the crit crafted relics, synthweave, its the crit crafted belt and bracers. The others I aint looked at. Those items augment slots are the things people go for with min/maxing apparently.

I'm just pissed cos I forgot about the fact crafting relics could get me an augment slot. I'd forgotten about them seeing as before 1.1 the crafted relics were almost useless (no main stats on em). So I'd not bothered with relics. Then a freind pointed out she could crit craft belts and bracers with aug slots with synth weaving.

However by then I had dropped Artifice for Bio. Then realised what the "must have 400 lvl to use" nerf had done in regards to bio. It meant it was the one of 2, out of all the crafting that got hit in a way a lot of people won't realise (and for the majority they won't care either). You can safetly craft your best stuff in the other skills and take them and use them if you then pick up another skill. Bio and that other one you cannot.

So, Bio is still the endgame craft to have, but if you had it to start with and want to take the advantage of other crafting gear, it and that other nerfed craft are the only ones that you have to drop then relearn.

Longwinded but if you read it all, hopefully you got the point and this is aimed at the developers more than the general public. Ticket got the cut n paste droid crap response, so hence the forum post.

Sorry if you wasted 2 min of your life reading.

Because a Belt with an augment slot =/= 3000ish damage grenades. Or those medpacks/stims.

Those items have a far larger impact than augment slots will, because they're very big, very sudden effects.

This was also a nerf most likely targeted at PvP.

Edited by Thebigkabooa

Because a Belt with an augment slot =/= 3000ish damage grenades. Or those medpacks/stims.

Those items have a far larger impact than augment slots will, because they're very big, very sudden effects.

You don't understand what he's saying.

Currently you can level up another skill and craft the unique item from it with an Augment slot (for instance, the Rakata relic from Artificing) then switch to BioChem and continue using the crafted augmented relic.

At what point did I mention Bio or the other crafts being OP having anything to do with what I wrote?

Prove the augments on other gear do not give as good a benifit in a boss fight or pvp match in the long run, oh wait you cannot as there is no dps meter. So your just guessing. Thats beside the point.

They got nerfed, yup and we know the supposed reasons why. Still didnt stop Bio being the goto craft for endgame pvp or pve.

I am pointing out that NOW, bio and the other one, you have to drop it if you want the other crafts good stuff but you cannot take alleged Op things with you. Where as with the other crafts you can make your crap, and take it with you when you decide to pick up Bio.

Also I will point out again just to make it very clear. I had artifce to start with, not bio. I decided to change to bio for the raid benifits after 1.1 hit. Got it? So i did not benifit from the alleged OP'ness of having Bio then.

I am trying to point out that NOW Bio has been left in an unfair situation IF you decide to follow the crafting min/max game. You can still do the same as everyone esle but IF you started with Bio (or that other one, armstech?) as your craft then your going to be taking it again once you have taken the others. You dont have to jump through that extra hurdle as long as you did not have Bio to start with, Clear on that now?

And what is your whiny point? That the biochem gets a benefit solely for use by themselves?

If you want you can ask the biochem to make you the blue quality ones right? just make sure you have a stack of those every day to use.

The main point is that biochem tradeable/GTN-able items need a boost! Make the temp 15 sec buff items 5, or 10 charges. Then people would stop all this crying.

So,

If you took Bio as your craft you got screwed unless you had figured out already, since 1.1bio is the last crafting skill you go for if your min maxing. Unless your ok with dropping bio, then picking it back up once your done min/maxing your gear. There is one other craft that has lvl 400 to use restriction but I cannot remember which it is.

Min/maxers, these guys are leveling each craft, cherry picking the best items to use, then dropping the craft for the next one.

So why bio last?

It's thanks to the, you must have 400 skill level to use the good stuff.

So what, you would have to be mad to do it anyway?

It would cost a fortune and take forever to level and craft (rng) and then redo. In answer to that, It takes very little in costs unless your bulk buying mats off the GTN. It took me three days to go from 400 artifice to 400 Bio.

If you take this route, then from the seperate craft's you end up with several items that are BoP crafted purples with augment slots, that make them as good as rakata gear if not slightly better. The best bit is THEY DO NOT HAVE THE "Level 400 in that craft skill to use" restriction on them. Only with Bio and that other one I cannot remember the name of) is there a one way system.

Arifice, its the crit crafted relics, synthweave, its the crit crafted belt and bracers. The others I aint looked at. Those items augment slots are the things people go for with min/maxing apparently.

I'm just pissed cos I forgot about the fact crafting relics could get me an augment slot. I'd forgotten about them seeing as before 1.1 the crafted relics were almost useless (no main stats on em). So I'd not bothered with relics. Then a freind pointed out she could crit craft belts and bracers with aug slots with synth weaving.

However by then I had dropped Artifice for Bio. Then realised what the "must have 400 lvl to use" nerf had done in regards to bio. It meant it was the one of 2, out of all the crafting that got hit in a way a lot of people won't realise (and for the majority they won't care either). You can safetly craft your best stuff in the other skills and take them and use them if you then pick up another skill. Bio and that other one you cannot.

So, Bio is still the endgame craft to have, but if you had it to start with and want to take the advantage of other crafting gear, it and that other nerfed craft are the only ones that you have to drop then relearn.

Longwinded but if you read it all, hopefully you got the point and this is aimed at the developers more than the general public. Ticket got the cut n paste droid crap response, so hence the forum post.

Sorry if you wasted 2 min of your life reading.

Armstech.

Armstech?

Armstech!