Disabled Gamers Acknowledge Old Republic

Makazestorm

My point was that other games have done it better. WoW in particular has a color blind mode. Not just a map. I'm fairly sure Rift/Lotro also have this functionality to a better degree.

I don't agree with that at all due to what disabled people have actually said about their experience with this game and the features.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy that people are enjoying the game. But I think the game could be more accessible for everyone.

Sounds like something that should be posted in a different thread rather than hijacking this one, Again it's a simple nice story.

Read all the comments and people thanking BW.

I don't agree with that at all due to what disabled people have actually said about their experience with this game and the features.

And your're entitled to have your own opinion. My point still stands though. Other games do it better.

Uhuh, cos talking about the accessibility of a game in a thread about it winning the most accessible game of the year 2011 isn't appropriate. :eek: Go read all the other hundreds of threads asking for these UI improvements. Edited by OldBehn

Uhuh, cos talking about the accessibility of a game in a thread about it winning the most accessible game of the year 2011 isn't appropriate. :eek: Go read all the other hundreds of threads asking for these UI improvements.

In regards to talking about the accesiblity of the game for disabled, yes that's threadjacking.

Hello everyone.

As you may have noticed, we have removed a significant number of posts from this thread and we would like to remind everyone of the rules of conduct in the forums.

2. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks

3. Please stay on topic.

4. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.

5. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

6. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

That being said, we ask that you please keep your posts civil, on topic and respectful otherwise we will have to close this thread.

Thank you.

Thank you for the assist. This was a positive post. No need for negativity in here.

I'm sorry, but this was a joke. Really dont think BW set out to get this award. I look forward to play swtor as a f2p in 3 months. If some guy can play, by blowing on a stick to move a toon around, maybe then award would be good. One hand , your not really a disable person. I play many games with just one hand on the mouse, a beer in the other. subtitles required by law lol.

Are you serious? ^ This is one the most ignorant posts I've seen...

I'm glad you speak for all disabled people everywhere.

I don't i am simply relaying my opinion from what i have read in this very thread as well as the reward giving site..

Again great job BW. Guess some people need to hate on even nice stories.

I didn't give out the reward you realize that right?

Edited by TheHeadCapper

And you are entitled to your opinion. My point stands that the disabled people say different than you.

According to this article disabled people say it does it better. And honestly I find it insulting to disabled people. It smells like white knighting pr to me, not a legitimate award.

If you add the features you add them on purpose and i'ts accesbile, i'm not sure where you are going with this.

What I meant was that they didn't add the features for the purpose of making the game more accessible to disabled gamers, that was just a fortunate by-product.

What I meant was that they didn't add the features for the purpose of making the game more accessible to disabled gamers, that was just a fortunate by-product.

I don't pretend to know the motivations of others because that's impossible and an assumption.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

According to this article disabled people say it does it better. And honestly I find it insulting to disabled people. It smells like white knighting pr to me, not a legitimate award.

How is it insutling?

Are you insulted by the veteran who lost a limb in iraq and now is having fun playing SWTOR? I would call that a nice story not insulting.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

How is it insutling?

Are you insulted by the veteran who lost a limb in iraq and now is having fun playing SWTOR? I would call that a nice story not insulting.

Of course he's not. Why are you debasing yourself to come up with such arguments?

Look up patronising.

Edited by OldBehn

Of course he's not. Why are you debasing yourself to come up with such arguments?

Its insulting in a patronising way.

Because i find it a ridiculous point of view to take and it reeks of someone who just wants to come up with reasons to bash on Bioware.

Again it's a nice story why people are in here hating is beyond me. It shows a real lack of maturity on some people. Why you would choose a nice story to troll and say things like it's a pr stunt is beyond me and insulting.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

How is it insutling?

Read what you quoted. It's insulting because it looks like they are using these "features" to make the game something it's not. It did nothing to revolutionize accessibility to mmos .it's getting an award for having features that's have been standard in many games for a while now.

It appears to be using the pr from said award to generate goodwill for the game. Goodwill it doesn't deserve in the instance.

How is it insutling?

I just don't understand these people dude... just because a game doesn't have "dps meters" or anything like that make the game more accesible while these are great features, they're wanted, but not needed.

The only important thing is if a disabled person wants to play a game, this is very accessible. People are having fun. But there's people who think otherwise.

Read what you quoted. It's insulting because it looks like they are using these "features" to make the game something it's not. It did nothing to revolutionize accessibility to mmos .it's getting an award for having features that's have been standard in many games for a while now.

It appears to be using the pr from said award to generate goodwill for the game. Goodwill it doesn't deserve in the instance.

They received a reward from the disabled gamers. If you believe they shouldn't have your problem isn't with Bioware.

It seems your problem is with the Disabled gamers who gave out the awaRd, follow your logic through.

I just don't understand these people dude... just because a game doesn't have "dps meters" or anything like that make the game more accesible while these are great features, they're wanted, but not needed.

The only important thing is if a disabled person wants to play a game, this is very accessible. People are having fun. But there's people who think otherwise.

It's honestly quite childish in my opinion. I'm glad it's not the community bioware is catering to.

So so dang glad. People that have issues with disabled gamers giving an award because a game works for them is not people i want to be around.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

They received a reward from the disabled gamers. If you believe they shouldn't have your problem isn't with Bioware.

It seems your problem is with the Disabled gamers who gave out the awaRd, follow your logic through.

I know my problem is with the people at AbleGamers, who may be disabled people, for awarding SWTOR this award.

Is there something wrong with that?

Edited by OldBehn