Slippery Slope

Philbert

http://www.swtor.com/blog/ilum-pvp-issues

So you are punishing players for engaging in PvP? If memory serves me, did your own company not say "If the issue can be settled through PvP, then it is not griefing" as well?

If we are being punished for engaging in PvP, and the other faction refuses to form an offense to drive us out, why should our accounts be punished? What will you do next?

I read that and now I feel that any time I am treated unfairly in PvP, the opposing faction should be punished. If I am out questing, and 4 players come up and gank me, you know what? That is just like this. I am unable to enjoy my gamepaly experience because I was out numbered by the opposing faction. So can I report them and have action brought against them?

You crossed the line with this. You want to restore balance?

Add more guns.

Make guns do more damage.

Add a force field that only one faction can enter and exit, even during combat.

Don't punish players for doing the very thing you said was acceptable.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny part about this? I didn't even engage in the behavior. By the time I got home, all the Republic players were in bed and we had an actual fight going on between ops groups of Republic vs Empire.

However, the fact remains, you open the door punishing players for this, to some of us, we see this as the ability to punish players for any PvP.

As much as I despise Blizzard and hate what they have become, they got one thing right in WoW. They stepped out of the PvP balance arguments for most of the game. The day, literally the DAY they changed Wintergrasp and made it 1-1 ratio, I canceled by subscription to that game. Not because it was a ROTLMAO face stomping, but because when I played, I wanted to go fight Alliance players with tenacity 1 on 1. It was entertaining to fight someone with x3 or x5 and try to kill them.

It wasn't that the Alliance were outnumbered either on my server, they actually had something like 53% of the players. It was just they didn't PvP, and the Horde got punished for it. Blizzard stepped in and said "oh, well, about that PVP..." and changed it, opening the door for other things they could do.

BioWare finds it easier to punish players than to own up to their own botched design.

If the game allowed me to camp my enemies and get valor for it, then I will, because as far as I know it's "working as intended."

Does it suck? Yea, but it also sucked when I was level 20 fighting against level 50s. That sucked, but it was "working as intended," so why am I to assume one advantage is unfair when another advantage is intended?

Dumb BioWare, dumb.

That's terrible. Really, why would they do that? It's not like they were hacking. If it's possible to pull it off within the mechanics of the game, how does it qualify as cheating?

Because the kids are crying, and instead of taking the onus on themselves like they should, it's easier for BioWare to point the finger at us so they might save the loss of some subscriptions.

Afterall, if BioWare is reponsible, I quit.

If a player was exploiting, then ban them, but I'll stay.

Hey I am on Voss right now and the Republic is running around Voss-Ka killing Empire players. Several level 50s. We can't go through the city and get our quests done.

BioWare, I demand you come punish these players for acting within the mechanics of the game!

Hahahahahahha. If they do this they are gonna loose every remotely serious player that is currently playing this game. And be left with a bigger kid playerbase then WoW. Way to suicide on early launch Bioware. /clap

It's so ridicolously horrible I find it amusing. I'm not high enough lvl to be on ilum yet, But my god! If you get banned or get your valor removed/adjusted when you PvP'd without exploiting even. You just took advantage of crappy game mechanics. Then they are gonna punsih the player? Hopefully the idiots that are in charge of designing ilum gets the boot as well. And they will hire someone with a brain.

Hey I am on Voss right now and the Republic is running around Voss-Ka killing Empire players. Several level 50s. We can't go through the city and get our quests done.

BioWare, I demand you come punish these players for acting within the mechanics of the game!

It's clear that you have absolutely no clue what was going on in any fashion. Please, go find something to do where you exercise your brain cells.

you know this is because there were imperial players camping the republic spawn point and farming them for hours collecting massive amounts of valor...there are vids on youtube.

Yes, yes I know this, and you know what? Good for them. What's your point? If the Republic can't get enough 50s out to form a reliable offense, that is my fault how?

The rules actually state that, if it can be settled via PvP, it is not griefing. You are on a PvP server, in a PvP area. Deal with it.

I pointed out in the beginning things to fix it. Warhammer had it right. You couldn't enter the enemy base without instant death. I would be for that in this game as well.

Edited by Philbert

Yes, yes I know this.

What's your point? If the Republic can't get enough 50s out to form a reliable offense, that is my fault how?

The rules actually state that, if it can be settled via PvP, it is not griefing. You are on a PvP server, in a PvP area. Deal with it.

Because it was an EXPLOIT. Raids were farming the bases for UNINTENDED AMOUNTS of VALOR. If you think for one moment that Bioware intended for people TO FARM TO RANK 100 VALOR in the span of a day by getting huge raids in Ilum, YOU ARE MISINFORMED.

Because it was an EXPLOIT. Raids were farming the bases for UNINTENDED AMOUNTS of VALOR. If you think for one moment that Bioware intended for people TO FARM TO RANK 100 VALOR in the span of a day by getting huge raids in Ilum, YOU ARE MISINFORMED.

You mad, bro?

Good for them for thinking with their heads, forming a raid and killing enemy players. On a PvP server, in a PvP area in some cases.

So, should the Republic be punished on my server for killing me in Voss? The other day on Illum I got ganked by 4 Republic while questing. Should they be banned? I was just doing my PvE daily quests. Clearly they were exploiting, using the NPCs to increase their numbers to attack me.

I just got ganked by 2 level 50 Republics while engaging in PvP against a Jedi Guardian my own level. Clearly exploiting, they should be banned for attacking someone so much lower level without any possible chance to defend himself!

Edited by Philbert

Please show me pics of this.

This is a blatant lie and you know it.

Oh and an exploit is when you abuse a bug or a glitch.

People weren't using bugs or glitches , they were grouped in ops killing republic at their base.

Learn the difference please. If it isn't an exploit you can't punish people. End of story.

If you punish people then the OP is right. Any time i feel griefed i should report and actions should be taken against those players.

People weren't using bugs or glitches , they were grouped in ops killing republic at their base.

Learn the difference please. If it isn't an exploit you can't punish people. End of story.

If you punish people then the OP is right. Any time i feel griefed i should report and actions should be taken against those players.

It WAS an exploit. Bioware stated it was an exploit and anyone with a BRAIN could piece it together. Cry more. Better yet, unsub.

You mad, bro?

Good for them for thinking with their heads, forming a raid and killing enemy players. On a PvP server, in a PvP area in some cases.

So, should the Republic be punished on my server for killing me in Voss? The other day on Illum I got ganked by 4 Republic while questing. Should they be banned? I was just doing my PvE daily quests. Clearly they were exploiting, using the NPCs to increase their numbers to attack me.

It was an exploit. Sorry that you can't figure it out. It's VERY CONFUSING. :)

Just unsub. Bye now.

That's terrible. Really, why would they do that? It's not like they were hacking. If it's possible to pull it off within the mechanics of the game, how does it qualify as cheating?

Wow,..its not cheating its called "exploiting",..which aliong with cheating is the bane of alll games to date. These 2 factors are the leading cause for diminishing populations in ALL forms of gaming. Its easy to say "If I can do it in the game it must be intended". ROFL,... this mentality is why more die before they ever get going and this trend will NEVER end. Why you may ask,.. because ppl in general are pieces of **** who will always look for an advantage over another to help boost there pathetic egos.

It WAS an exploit. Bioware stated it was an exploit and anyone with a BRAIN could piece it together. Cry more. Better yet, unsub.

The one crying here is you. Clearly you were killed.

I just got killed by two level 50s while fighting a level 46 Jedi Guardian. I was level 47. Clearly they are exploiting a mechanic, by engaging in PvP as a group on a PvP server. They should be banned, as per the set up BioWare has just made.

Wow,..its not cheating its called "exploiting",..which aliong with cheating is the bane of alll games to date. These 2 factors are the leading cause for diminishing populations in ALL forms of gaming. Its easy to say "If I can do it in the game it must be intended". ROFL,... this mentality is why more die before they ever get going and this trend will NEVER end. Why you may ask,.. because ppl in general are pieces of **** who will always look for an advantage over another to help boost there pathetic egos.

You misunderstand the topic as a whole I think. The point is, regardless of it being an exploit, BioWare screwed up. Rather than say "Sorry" to the players who got steam rolled by the opposing faction, they instead divert the blame TO the opposing faction and threaten account actions.

Lets use WoW as an example. If 400 players managed to form together and take over Stormwind, killing every NPC, every PvP player, etc. and hold the base for the day, would Blizzard punish them? No. Why? Because they got together and went against the odds.

BioWare is punishing players for getting together and going against the enemy faction, against the odds of being killed by a SINGLE GUN. That isn't exploiting. That's called having enough people to take down the DEFENSE.

Edited by Philbert

Yea its a lie,.. thats why bioware came out with 1.1a patch immediatly after 1.1 in an albiet failed attempt to fix Ilum. But yea it must be a lie even though they Immediatly released a statement regarduing the "exploit" along with the 1.1a patch.

take your uninformed arse and read some more

Camping a spawn point and aoe bombing them for hours on end is not pvp it is um what's the word, griefing!

No, it's not.

It says "If the matter can be handled through PvP, it is not griefing."

It does not say "If the matter can be handled through PvP, it is not griefing. Unless it is spawn point camping, then it is."

BioWare didn't create a strong enough defense for the base. They screwed up and want to punish players. They are now opening doors for players to have the defensive argument to ANY PvP they disagree with.

I love how BioWare moves my topics off the customer service forum rather than address them. They have some serious mismanagement issues.

Edited by Philbert

Yea its a lie,.. thats why bioware came out with 1.1a patch immediatly after 1.1 in an albiet failed attempt to fix Ilum. But yea it must be a lie even though they Immediatly released a statement regarduing the "exploit" along with the 1.1a patch.

take your uninformed arse and read some more

The fact BW calls it an exploit makes it an exploit ?

They messed up and instead of saying they did they say its the players fault.

I explain in my post what an exploit is. If you didn't read then go read it.

No, it's not.

It says "If the matter can be handled through PvP, it is not griefing."

It does not say "If the matter can be handled through PvP, it is not griefing. Unless it is spawn point camping, then it is."

BioWare didn't create a strong enough defense for the base. They screwed up and want to punish players. They are now opening doors for players to have the defensive argument to ANY PvP they disagree with.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GRIEFING.

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

This is about **EXPLOITING VALOR GAINS**.

The fact BW calls it an exploit makes it an exploit ?

They messed up and instead of saying they did they say its the players fault.

I explain in my post what an exploit is. If you didn't read then go read it.

You must be new to MMOs. Exploits are bugs. Bugs are not always exploits.

This was a BUG and it was used to EXPLOIT VALOR GAINS.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GRIEFING.

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

This is about **EXPLOITING VALOR GAINS**.

So they used a bug to get more valor?

They cheated in some way and got more valor than the game allowed them to get?

Explain to me where the exploit is?

What was the bug?

Did they hack the server to get more valor per kill?

Or did they farm valor by continuosly killing players while they spawned and getting the expected ammount of valor for each kill? Were the necessary precautions taken by BW to impede this from happening?

Those are the questions you should ask

Edited by SmokingGoose