Respec Cost Reset - Changed?

Teldara

I'm not sure, as I have no proof, but have they changed it?

No one actually knows how the cost is reseted. Some say a week from the last respec, a few days or every certain day (i.e. every Sunday). But there's no real hard evidence.

For example: Two or so weeks ago, my price of a Respecing was 16k. 3 days later it was back to 450 credits.

Recently, 9 days ago, I respeced several times (Now 850 credits after reset), then I stopped respecing. The cost was 48750 (roughly). Today, I checked again and the price droped to 47975. That's 10 days total without a respec.

That throws the whole "7 days between respec" thing out. Along with the 3 days in between, it was resetted.

Has anyone had the chance to reset their respec cost since 1.1?

Edited by Teldara

I noticed this.. my respec costs 54k even though I haven't respecc'd in almost 2 weeks. I misplaced a talent point and I figure "eh I can just respec there shouldn't be a cost for me right now." Go to the Skill mentor and it tells me the cost is 54k.. which is higher than the last time I checked.

I noticed this.. my respec costs 54k even though I haven't respecc'd in almost 2 weeks. I misplaced a talent point and I figure "eh I can just respec there shouldn't be a cost for me right now." Go to the Skill mentor and it tells me the cost is 54k.. which is higher than the last time I checked.

After searching around, someone says the text may be bug, and costed someone 0 even though the text said it costs 69k for him.

Another post said that after 55k it should reset. I'll test this out since I have spare credits.

I can confirm that this happened to me as well. I hadn't respecced in over a week but the game text was saying a respect would cost ~52k credits. I went ahead with the respec anyways and it charged me 0 credits, saying that I hadn't respecced in over a week. Looks like a bug with the game text.

I am 100% sure that respec cost reset works as follows:

When you respec, a 1 week timer is started. Every time you respec before that timer runs out, the cost goes up. When one week since that FIRST respec has passed, the cost is reset to 0.

HOWEVER, when you go to the NPC it will still SAY the cost of whatever it was before it reset. So if it has been a full week, it will say Respec cost: 86,000 (or whatever), and then when you accept it, you will get a message saying "A week has passed, the cost is 0."

I have done this 3 times now, and I am 100% sure that this is how it works. If you are worried that it hasn't been a full week, you can mail all your money to an alt or a friend and then try it. If it has been a week, it should go and give you the cost is 0 message.

Edit: I have done this post 1.1

Edited by ahwinters

I am 100% sure that respec cost reset works as follows:

When you respec, a 1 week timer is started. Every time you respec before that timer runs out, the cost goes up. When one week since that FIRST respec has passed, the cost is reset to 0.

HOWEVER, when you go to the NPC it will still SAY the cost of whatever it was before it reset. So if it has been a full week, it will say Respec cost: 86,000 (or whatever), and then when you accept it, you will get a message saying "A week has passed, the cost is 0."

I have done this 3 times now, and I am 100% sure that this is how it works. If you are worried that it hasn't been a full week, you can mail all your money to an alt or a friend and then try it. If it has been a week, it should go and give you the cost is 0 message.

Edit: I have done this post 1.1

I have disproved this.

There is a specific day that it resets.

It is every Tuesday.

I respec'd on a monday, it charged (as in reduced my credit amount) by 33k.

I went to respec on a Wednesday, the price was stated to be 49k.

It did not charge me, and provided me with the reset back to 0 message.

Due to scheduled maintenance being on Tuesday, I am fairly sure that is the day.

But if we want to get technical, it could be any time between the time I respec'd on monday and the time I respec'd on Wednesday.

There is no timer.

Besides, an individual player timer would be fairly illogical.

Tuesday is easier to remember than whether or not it's been exactly a week since your last respec.

However.

I fairly sure (meaning not 100%) that you need the amount that it says in order to respec, even if it's been reset.

The text bugs, but for me I actually need to have that amount for it to actually let me respec in which case it then takes none.

This is annoying.

Its just confusing UI. It tells you how much it would cost, then when you agree, it tells you "hey, its free"

It should just say it costs 0 in the first place. They'll probably patch it soon.

On the other hand, I read about 10 threads PER DAY about this subject. PLZ read before you post.

Update: It costed me nothing to respec at 47k to respec. Looks like its bugged.

Its not bugged, its just counter-intuitive. It doesn't inform you of the free respec until after you agree to the cost. They need to change the order so it first tells you it is free.

I know a Mercenary who when he respecced, he gained 100k credits or so. It was passed a week since his last respec and he got the message saying it will cost him 100k. He clicked accept and got the "it's been over a week, so it will cost you nothing" message. When he checked his inventory, he was 100k richer.

This occurred in late December, I believe, before patch 1.1.

Forget it.

To be honest, there are no hard facts.

Last week I respec'd on Monday, it costed 33k. I checked my credits afterwards, I was down 33k.

I compared before and after respeccing.

I did the same on that following Wednesday, the cost was 49k and I couldn't click yes until I actually had 49k.

Once I had 49k (Same day), I clicked yes and it did not charge me while stating in chat that it had been a week, cost reduced to 0 yada yada.

Not to mention all of the players that claim to have gone a week and it still charging them.

So today I try what I thought I had figured out.

Haven't respec'd since maintenance this morning.

Cost was 80k

It charged 80k.

Either the day that it resets is not the scheduled maintenance day..

Or we know nothing about it at this current time other then it's bugs...

I think 99% of us would love some Developer Comments on it......

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.