New Loot Distribution Mode: Need Before Greed

OsarionRDM

Blatantly promoting that Bioware take Rifts idea here. It's good, it works, we need it.

We need a Need Before Greed loot mode. In NBG, players are unable to cast need lots for items which they themselves cannot wear. This covers class, armor type, and level. NBG should be the default rather than round robin.

In fairness, we also need a Companion option to cast lots. It would go something like:

Need > Greed > Companion > Disassemble (Or however Bioware sees fit).

We also need a /roll option to make Master Looter more effective.

Edited by OsarionRDM

I would agree, excpet my ordering would be:

Need > Companion > Greed > Disassemble.

Since, y'know, kitting out a companion which is kind of like part of your character while you solo / duo stuff is more important than giving someone a few credits imo.

What about when I want to need something for my companion (naturally, having first discussed this with the group)? Maybe this is where tor needs to step up and build new loot systems, Need Companion Greed, this would allow players to roll need only on gear they themselves can wear, companion only on gear their currently selected companion can wear, and greed for all others.

N>C>G.

I believe that implementing a system that allows me to roll for companion gear rather than having someone else in the group go vendor the item as trash is important. The only way to keep it in balance, however, is to ensure that this _only_ works for the active (even though not necessarily summoned) companion at the time of mob's death.

I would agree, excpet my ordering would be:

Need > Companion > Greed > Disassemble.

Since, y'know, kitting out a companion which is kind of like part of your character while you solo / duo stuff is more important than giving someone a few credits imo.

I agree with this order and the option to roll Companion. Right now in groups I have to stop everything dead while I ask if I can Need roll for a companion after I already waited to see that everyone rolled greed... It's embarrassing and inconvenient.

I don't like the level limitation. If I'm slightly below the par level and I see an awesome piece of gear drop that will be fantastic in a level or two, I should be able to roll need on it.

Need (only clickable if your main armor type is that type)

Companion Need

Greed

Totally agree with you

/signed

Need > "Companion need" > Greed > Disassemble

Companion need and restrictions over ability to choose need for items that are not for your class is a MUST. I was robbed of items for my tank so often that I just stopped doing Heroics at all. I can't understand how somebody can ninja loot equipment for tank/healer if he even wouldn't do the Heroic without their help?

• 2 weeks later...