Biometric Crystal Alloy purchasing

trotsky_tor

I think it would be good if we could buy Biometric Alloy for Tionese Crystals, and for WZ or Merc Comms.

Right now there's very little use for Tionese Crystals and some of the hardmodes don't even drop the alloy, but anyone doing endgame crafting needs them.

Also, a way to acquire them through PvP should be put in, because not everyone wants to do hardmode instances.

I think it would be good if we could buy Biometric Alloy for Tionese Crystals, and for WZ or Merc Comms.

Right now there's very little use for Tionese Crystals and some of the hardmodes don't even drop the alloy, but anyone doing endgame crafting needs them.

Yes.

Also, a way to acquire them through PvP should be put in, because not everyone wants to do hardmode instances.

No.

Why, out of curiosity? I don't really PvP, so I don't care too much either way, but high-level crafting shouldn't only be relegated to those who do PvE content, imo.
..shall Nightmare mode Operations drop Battlemaster gear with no equip requirements, then?

..shall Nightmare mode Operations drop Battlemaster gear with no equip requirements, then?

Not really the same. Crafting doesn't make gear that is "for PvE". Also, this wouldn't give access to schematics that are dropped in Ops/Hardmodes, just what they can get off the trainers.

You could argue that any of the crafted equipment without Expertise is PvE gear. You can't make the same argument for Biochem medpacks, etc.

There should definitely be more source for the alloys than just HM boss drops. Maybe discovered missions could give one too. I like the idea of using Tionese crystals/merits too. In fact, crafting needs to be more useful in any way possible, and making alloys a bit more available is one good way.

I agree that High level crafting should not be limited to people who grind HM FPs.

Edited by AeonWeapon

• 2 weeks later...

Do what lotro (Lord Of The Rings) done.

Have a cooldown system in place so that the crafters can get their hands on the stuff at least but with a large cooldown. As such lotro done it on rare items etc over a 7 day cooldown.

So change the style perhaps, say a craft mission that can only be repeated every 7 days but bring back at least 1 alloy or specified material from a dropdown list thats needed.

OR

A"warehouse system" you can access it every 4-7 days to purchase items with tokens earned from normal missions, fp's or even pvp. can be a mutlipule token for all gameplay styles just that each different way you earn the token gives a different amount earned. e.g hard mode fp's will give higher amount of tokens, whilst normal missions just a few.

Like daily commendations, perhaps even those tokens could be the barter system token.

But something needs to be done as i cant craft anything at all at the moment not being able to do any HM stuff as my guild no way near ready for that let alone trying to get a pug group going. Crafting materials "NEED TO CHANGE" pronto

The drop rate on them is rediculous. Dozens of hardmodes completed, and i've only seen two ever drop. Seriously?

lol what? are they not 100% drop rate from the final boss and if it doesn't drop, it is because you get that epic crafting material instead?

I've never completed a HM Flashpoint where they haven't dropped.

lol what? are they not 100% drop rate from the final boss and if it doesn't drop, it is because you get that epic crafting material instead?

I've never completed a HM Flashpoint where they haven't dropped.

As far as I know they're 100% drop rate from the final boss in HM Flashpoints minus Ilum/False Emp, which give the purple crafting item. Kaon's bonus boss also drops one. In addition to that 2x Alloy drop from each normal mode operation boss.

Still wish I could obtain them some other way. Stupid crystals from HM FPs are so pointless atm.