The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BW isn't getting the praise they deserve.

XJones

The community didnt kill it, eh? So you getting on here telling everyone the game sucks has no effect on the game?

I'm hoping it has no affect, I simply want my opinion (paying customer) to be heard. That is all. You may share your opinion, I may share mine. People have their own minds and can make their own decisions.

It's much like movies. Before I watch a movie, I go to rottentomatoes.com to see what critics / audience says. Really no matter what, I'll watch it, but I'll know to expect it to be decent, awesome, or sort of crappy. People may try this game no matter what, but once they play.. they'll know for themselves.

In other words, we don't need to be here on the forums giving our opinions. The game speaks for itself. The game does all the talking (no pun intended!) it needs to.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but i feel the same way. It's not a bad game, but it promised to much more than what it is. I honestly doubt that i would continue playing it if it weren't for the star wars IP attachment. The whole thing seems rushed and unfinished, there are too many instances where they just copy and paste everything from armor, items, dialog, locations, weapons. The story isn't bad, but very seldom do i ever feel epic or heroic, every reason they gave for the game being the way it is seems like it was just a BS answer "why we can't be less human species" for example. Most Dev commentation is BS like the Wall of armor that ingame seems more like color swaps of the same 4 pieces(especially as my Maurader goes).

It's not a BAD game, it's just not what they sold it as and most of what they say i can't believe do to pretty much everything they've said already. I honestly think it's not a matter of Bioware not getting what they deserve, but Bioware not living up to its usual standards. They Normally do better, they COULD have done better, and after 4-5 years of development and $200 million dollars the SHOULD have done better.

I'm having a hard time believing that you ever played WoW.

It's open right now, actually. I'm listening to SW music in the background, we all just did an LFR. We are ranked 2nd server, Alliance side. No I will not divulge any further information because I don't know what your trolling levels are capable of.

:eek:

Your employee gave you the game card? He still an employee? :)

I don't understand what you're getting at?

I'm a network engineer, an IT guy.. as is he. We work together.

I know having a job may be foreign to.. some on these boards, but nonetheless! :D

EDIT: I mis-read your quote, sorry. LOL, yeah.. I'm not his boss or anything, either. We simply work together.

Edited by Feelinestars

I don't understand what you're getting at?

I'm a network engineer, an IT guy.. as is he. We work together.

I know having a job may be foreign to.. some on these boards, but nonetheless! :D

I mean, if someone gave me a card to play this PoS, I'd fire him :) It was a joke.. That fell flat :)

I'm hoping it has no affect, I simply want my opinion (paying customer) to be heard. That is all. You may share your opinion, I may share mine. People have their own minds and can make their own decisions.

It's much like movies. Before I watch a movie, I go to rottentomatoes.com to see what critics / audience says. Really no matter what, I'll watch it, but I'll know to expect it to be decent, awesome, or sort of crappy. People may try this game no matter what, but once they play.. they'll know for themselves.

In other words, we don't need to be here on the forums giving our opinions. The game speaks for itself. The game does all the talking (no pun intended!) it needs to.

So for MMO's you read forums? Because if you read critics reviews for this game...well thats all I have to say I think the lowest for this game I have seen from any critic site was a 8 or 7.5

So for MMO's you read forums? Because if you read critics reviews for this game...well thats all I have to say I think the lowest for this game I have seen from any critic site was a 8 or 7.5

Well we have learned from this that critics can be paid off..

For the record, if we're going to go back to my movie analogy.. I take the audience review much, much more seriously than I take the critics one. And.. the "buzz" on the internet, and certainly, these forums is that the game is bad. I still tried it out. But yes, generally when the consensus of something gets around, word of mouth travels, there is truth to it. There is validity to a movie getting 25% rotten rating.

There is validity to these forums. If you've taken a college level statistics class, you'd know that these forums would be a good sample size of the populous of the game. It doesn't bode well for Star Trek er Wars or whatever this game is.. I'm afraid.

Thats all I see about the critcs giving reviews is their paid off so you are telling me that EVERY critic that gave this game were paid off? Thats alot of money.

Lol it's clear desperation. "I hate this game irrationally, therefore everyone who rated it well must have been bribed."

Thats all I see about the critcs giving reviews is their paid off so you are telling me that EVERY critic that gave this game were paid off? Thats alot of money.

There were also many poor critic reviews, too.. and I personally never claimed that even the good ones that did write-ups were paid off. I in fact don't believe that at all. I believe they played the first 20 levels, and thought it was awesome. Sort of like how I did. Then.. well, you know how this plays out lol..

Lol it's clear desperation. "I hate this game irrationally, therefore everyone who rated it well must have been bribed."

Can I just make one point.. there's no desperation, and the community doesn't dislike this game just to dislike it. We dislike it because we wanted it to be awesome. We wanted it to be a WoW killer. We wanted it to be the next big thing.

But instead we have, well, go log in... :(

For the record, if we're going to go back to my movie analogy.. I take the audience review much, much more seriously than I take the critics one. And.. the "buzz" on the internet, and certainly, these forums is that the game is bad. I still tried it out. But yes, generally when the consensus of something gets around, word of mouth travels, there is truth to it. There is validity to a movie getting 25% rotten rating.

There is validity to these forums. If you've taken a college level statistics class, you'd know that these forums would be a good sample size of the populous of the game. It doesn't bode well for Star Trek er Wars or whatever this game is.. I'm afraid.

Lol?

That is possibly the most... untrue... thing I've heard. I took stats in college and one of the things we learned was that you don't rely on a self-selected sample, which these forums are. I mean, what you said is so completely false that no picture of Picard can adequately express how I feel right now.

Also, if forums were indicative of anything of anything WoW would have gone out of business 7 years ago.

In closing... What were you thinking? Are you even making an effort?

Can I just make one point.. there's no desperation, and the community doesn't dislike this game just to dislike it. We dislike it because we wanted it to be awesome. We wanted it to be a WoW killer. We wanted it to be the next big thing.

But instead we have, well, go log in... :(

A. You don't speak for the community.

B. I don't believe you.

There were also many poor critic reviews, too.. and I personally never claimed that even the good ones that did write-ups were paid off. I in fact don't believe that at all. I believe they played the first 20 levels, and thought it was awesome. Sort of like how I did. Then.. well, you know how this plays out lol..

Say it all you like but the forum is a very small minority of the people who actually play the game you are part of that minority who do not like the game of course you deny that the critcs are bad in this case because you want to trash the game and a professional critic giving a none biased view is worth 10x more than a forum full of biased closed minded post.

There's good and there's bad here. If you want to go over every post, take down every name, and correlate number of positively-minded posters with negatively-minded ones and then give your results, well - that would be acceptable in statistics class.

As for the validity of the forums, not everything can be taken at face value. Even just looking at yourself - you're someone who insists that he's only here because of a freebie gamecard and you can find nothing worthwhile to hang around for and you scorn the very idea of giving money to this game - yet you insist on your rights as a 'paying customer' being upheld. I don't think you're the kind of customer any business would value, and the disconnect in your thinking puts what you say in a shady light. So it is with a lot of things.

There's good and there's bad here. If you want to go over every post, take down every name, and correlate number of positively-minded posters with negatively-minded ones and then give your results, well - that would be acceptable in statistics class.

No it wouldn't. You'd be lucky if you didn't get failed for using a self-selected sample. You'd also need to establish that your sample size is statistically significant and somehow representative of the whole population.

The game is averaging 7.5-8.5 reviews. That's low for what this game was hyped for. Rift is rated higher than this game.

BS! Show me where you got that info from. Here's the link from the reliable site. This game got 85 on average. Not pretty bad.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic/critic-reviews

How about Rift? This game got 84 on average.. Hmm....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/rift/critic-reviews

Edited by AgentFury