The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BW isn't getting the praise they deserve.

XJones

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's incredibly bright and dead-on the money.

You cannot put out a 2012 MMO to compete with WoW in 2012 and have it lack in every single possible way, excluding (get this! lol) storytelling time.

I mean, really guys. Quit being in denial. This is 2012. We expect certain features in an MMO. Certain features in an online game, forget MMO! Just ridiculous.. absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks for the compliment, but... I've never really understood why people can get THIS MAD over an MMO. You played it for a month, which is what you would play in most games. Now move on.

Personally I liked Nar Shadaa.

But anyway, WoW had no variation in terms of leveling at release and very little later on. You're still stuck grinding out Strangelthorn Vale. I have no idea how you leveled without doing it, but it you did I can imagine you spent a lot of time in Desolace, which is worse. And, to be honest, Silithus isn't that different from the Eastern Plaguelands.

As far as Northrend, saying you can skip points in a line doesn't make it non-linear.

Dude, you're joking right?

Every level-range has at least two places to level, both Horde and Alliance. You just don't know what you're talking about at all. Go look it up, man. You're sounding really foolish.

I consider game breaking as something makes certain class's completely unplayable and from reading the forums and not playing the game you would think that is the case where it is not. Some people will bash the game for bugs then bash it more for having server maintenance to fix these bugs..just saying some people really are ignorant. Reporting a bug and discussing way it effects the game and what would be a good change to it is how I would view a good constructive community on a forum but it is mostly people just straight out " I found a bug this game is trash what?!? they brought the servers down for maintenance how dare they?!? They don't listen to their community!"

I could be a bio ware fanboy but constructiveness is all I want out of these people instead of comparing it to Wow, this game has a pretty good chance at becoming more successful but not with this community not helping it.

The community didn't kill this game, the day they released it BioWare put the nail in the coffin themselves. Let that sink in, sir.

SW:TOR sucks, dude. Get over it. WoW doesn't even acknowledge this AA MMO, because it's not even in the same league. TOR will have a very, very small niche in the MMO community, EA won't get a return on it's investment, and this game will be F2P within 6 months. Period.

Well, thanks for dumping your money to support the MMO I like to play!

Dude, you're joking right?

Every level-range has at least two places to level, both Horde and Alliance. You just don't know what you're talking about at all. Go look it up, man. You're sounding really foolish.

Unless something's changed drastically, not really. 60? You'll be in HP. And lets face it, it doesn't really matter where you are, leveling in WoW involves doing EXACTLY the same boring grind 1-max, just in different scenery.

The graphics are great. I do see quite a few texture seams on scenery, as a cg artist I know how hard it is to hide those sometimes. The game runs perfectly with my GTX280 and 6gb of ram. Nothing too impressive but they do the job.

The graphics are not great.

Armor textures are terribly blurry, and if the previous (and MUCH better looking) textures being usable was really a bug, then they set the bar for armor quality exceedingly low (to say nothing of their never noticing such an obvious bug). This is made even worse by the fact that they continue to release footage at graphical levels far above what is available for actual gameplay.

The graphics are not great.

Armor textures are terribly blurry, and if the previous (and MUCH better looking) textures being usable was really a bug, then they set the bar for armor quality exceedingly low (to say nothing of their never noticing such an obvious bug). This is made even worse by the fact that they continue to release footage at graphical levels far above what is available for actual gameplay.

And... Get this.. To fix the graphics, they have decided to leave the actual graphics as they are, and rename medium to high.

I'd say that with a straight face, too. If I didn't think it was, I'd be there instead of here.

Like I said.

SW:TOR will hold a very, very, very small niche in the MMO community (think Warhammer) and will never achieve the greatness it always desired and promised. And the only reason it will even have that incredibly small niche is because of fellows like you who are just blindly following anything Star Wars.. just because. Not because it's a better game, the verdict is out on that, just because. And that's okay.

But. EA won't get a return on their investment, and thus, it will go F2P much sooner than anticipated.

SW:TOR sucks, dude. Get over it. WoW doesn't even acknowledge this AA MMO, because it's not even in the same league. TOR will have a very, very small niche in the MMO community, EA won't get a return on it's investment, and this game will be F2P within 6 months. Period.

You are an ignorant person with an opinion. Sucks? I see you still on these forums? Why? The game sucks I thought. You can say it sucks all you want into the first 2 months of the game but there are other people who enjoy the game. We will see where the game is in 6 months but otherwise you have no ability to see into the future as I know of no human has this ability...so you can take your opinion and ignorance to another forum. This is the only game that has ever actually presented any competition with wow...infact its held and still holds the worlds most subscribes at the release of the game. Period. You let me know wow goes down while it loses million every year.

Like I said.

SW:TOR will hold a very, very, very small niche in the MMO community (think Warhammer) and will never achieve the greatness it always desired and promised. And the only reason it will even have that incredibly small niche is because of fellows like you who are just blindly following anything Star Wars.. just because. Not because it's a better game, the verdict is out on that, just because. And that's okay.

But. EA won't get a return on their investment, and thus, it will go F2P much sooner than anticipated.

Because F2P is such an evil thing.

EQ2 has seen an increase in players and profits by 300%.

F2P is very evil indeed.

Not even sure what this means. Were you expecting the WoW devs to post about SW:TOR on the WoW forums, or something?

No, but you know what I mean. I just imagine Blizzard laughing going "another WoW killer bites the dust" all the way to the bank.. as they deserve to do so. They put out quality products. BioWare puts out.. SW:TOR.

'Nuff said, really.

Like I said.

TOR will be a huge success just off the money they get from the people that pay to come here and bash it.

The community didn't kill this game, the day they released it BioWare put the nail in the coffin themselves. Let that sink in, sir.

The community didnt kill it, eh? So you getting on here telling everyone the game sucks has no effect on the game?

2-month game-time card given to me by an employee who I work with. We all of course were looking forward to the game.. until it was released.. and well, you know how it all played out.

Thank your employee for me! I'm having a blast playing and appreciate y'alls contribution!

This is the only game that has ever actually presented any competition with wow...

Fact? Doubtful. The only competition if that's what you want to call it is the IP interest and the 'new mom' interest.

infact its held and still holds the worlds most subscribes at the release of the game.

Well that can be put down to this being 2012, this game being based on an IP like Star Wars and, get this, we're still in the first month of launch, and nothing else has been released.

And, this is the only game to have it's own theme tune and nickname on YouTube within the first month.

Period.

You say this like it ends the argument or something. Just because you stated it, does not make it true, factual, or indeed with any merit.

You let me know wow goes down while it loses million every year.

T'is better to be able to lose a million than be trying to get a million...

You are an ignorant person with an opinion. Sucks? I see you still on these forums? Why? The game sucks I thought. You can say it sucks all you want into the first 2 months of the game but there are other people who enjoy the game. We will see where the game is in 6 months but otherwise you have no ability to see into the future as I know of no human has this ability...so you can take your opinion and ignorance to another forum. This is the only game that has ever actually presented any competition with wow...infact its held and still holds the worlds most subscribes at the release of the game. Period. You let me know wow goes down while it loses million every year.

You joking? Competition with WoW? hahaha

Come on man.. you can't even be SERIOUS when you're typing up this stuff ;)

We can make educated guesses on where the game will be in 6 months, though. Let's see. All the game-breaking problems in alpha were ignored. The same game-breaking bugs in beta were ignored.. and let's face it, most of the stuff is completely unfixxable since they chose to go with the Hero engine lol.

You're one of those guys whose clinging REALLY hard to "they'll patch it though, i know they will!!!" even though they ignored everything up until this point. You're sounding really thick-headed. It's evident and you're on the verge of embarassing yourself.

Because F2P is such an evil thing.

EQ2 has seen an increase in players and profits by 300%.

F2P is very evil indeed.

.. and it just continues to show that WoW is the only MMO that can last on a subscription-based business model after almost a decade.

One business does it right. The rest try, but fail.

Unless something's changed drastically, not really. 60? You'll be in HP. And lets face it, it doesn't really matter where you are, leveling in WoW involves doing EXACTLY the same boring grind 1-max, just in different scenery.

I like how you call out "60" and use Hell-Fire Penninsula as the one example. Haha.. you use the one level and the one zone which begins an entire expansion as your example. Graspin for straws, much? :)

Every zone in WoW is drastically different from the next. The music, the mobs, the ambiance, the colors, the whole.. feel. Every god danm frigging zone in this game is a long corridor. A different color corridor which all feel completely boring and uninspired. How could you even compare the beauty of WoW to SW:TOR? WoW made all the right choices and continues to. BioWare literally didn't make ONE right choice.

If this game didn't have Star Wars behind it, it'd be even more of a laughing stock than it already is.

TOR will be a huge success just off the money they get from the people that pay to come here and bash it.

No, because I'm only here due to an employee giving me a 2-month gametime card. In 6 months when the dust has truly settled, you'll begin to see the F2P model coming. It's inevitable, dude. BioWare KNEW WHAT THEY WERE RELEASING. THEY KNOW WHAT WE'RE PLAYING.

You joking? Competition with WoW? hahaha

Come on man.. you can't even be SERIOUS when you're typing up this stuff ;)

We can make educated guesses on where the game will be in 6 months, though. Let's see. All the game-breaking problems in alpha were ignored. The same game-breaking bugs in beta were ignored.. and let's face it, most of the stuff is completely unfixxable since they chose to go with the Hero engine lol.

You're one of those guys whose clinging REALLY hard to "they'll patch it though, i know they will!!!" even though they ignored everything up until this point. You're sounding really thick-headed. It's evident and you're on the verge of embarassing yourself.

I'm having a hard time believing that you ever played WoW.