The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why are so many people against Arena in Swtor?

Sedic

I was succesfull and i didnt enjoyed it...

What sane person enjoys being cc'ed as warrior by resto druid in tbc arenas? Games that were lasting 15+ .... so much joy.

Not to mention that as warrior the only viable combo of all the classes out there, was a resto druid....And all those ppl that had warrior but their irl friend that played arena with wasnt resto druid so they couldnt top arenas....they had to be called scrubs and useless and bads....

About the 2nd thing..."People who do not want arena don't need to participate" Sure, but if some combo proved to be pretty much OP, dont u ever try to whine about nerf it...or buff it.

Cause the same ppl that dont play arena, they will be affected by the buff or nerf of their class in pve...

I personaly quit 3 class in pve (ret pala, dk, mage) cause blizz decide to change them for the sake of arena only...

That's super cute that you think War/Druid was the only comp worth playing as a Warrior. If it was the only one viable for you, then you were a bad player.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not needed, but certainly desired. More Warzones are fun, open PVP is fun, but I give the same argument every time. If I'm going to compete is something that provides rewards / ranking, I want to do so with a few select friends of my choosing, and not friends + Random keyboard turners.

Bring in Arena ASAP (after you fix ability delay and Sorcs).

Signed,

Your friendly neighborhood Sunflower.

Why have arena? We have Warzones, open PvP which hopefully some day will get fixed. Add more variety of Warzones later on but not Arenas, not needed.

Then make 4v4 warzones, or allow larger groups to join Warzones. Only having half a team and being dragged down by idiotic puggers is not really fun for the people who are communicating and attempting to enjoy competition without being at the mercy of RNG queues.

People only enjoy stomping holes in pugs for so long before they get bored and leave. Arena-style combat (competitive, last-team-standing, pre-made only) is a show of ability and a way to compete, and competition is the only reason to PvP.

That's super cute that you think War/Druid was the only comp worth playing as a Warrior. If it was the only one viable for you, then you were a bad player.

Yes it was, all the warriors in 2v2 above 2200 in s3 on vindication bg had druid healer.

Checked that in armory.

But the most funny thing i saw related to arena, was that some ppl who wanted to get gladiator title, they had their friends make lvl 1 alts on other servers, and look when the enemy good team joined arena allready, so they could join after and not match against them... rly funny from the so called gladiators that call everyone but them, scrubs..

So I've been reading this post for quite some time (got to 20 page and got bored of same crap repeating all over) already and I noticed some things...

Players that doesn't want arena in SWTOR are coming with some silly arguments that arena in WoW was all about a gear and fotm comps and they don't want the same thing happen to this game. As I can agree on the thing that some comps could counter other badly and it made worse players beat better players (skill wise) I cannot agree that arena in WoW was something about gear and ppl who says so were probably just terrible at arena pvp, but they didn't wanted to face the truth... the truth that they're just bad in that aspect of game and instead of trying to understand why they sucked and trying to get better, to improve their playstyle, their skill basically, they started to complain how arena is not balanced, how fotm comp + gear combination gets You to the TOP 10 which is total bullcrap. True, in last seasons of WOTLK there was many teams that got to glad with warrior/dk running with Shadowmourne, but even tho it's not like 1500 ranked warrior could team up with similiar skilled paladin and a dk to get to 2,6k rating, come on...

It's clear that some comps were better in particular seasons, but it's not like You could get 3 random 1,5k guys to play fotm setup and get a glad... they wouldn't even reach 2k rating which is far far from gladiator.

Also I see a lot of players saying that: "I'm true pvp player couse I love world pvp, arena suck". That's just excuse of a bad player, couse of course no one is gonna notice that You're bad if You're running with other 40 ppl with You and You don't have to do anything skillfull to succed as players You have in group are doing all the job for You. People must understand that there are bad and good players as there is a skill factor, which if You don't understand it means You either should improve Your playstyle or accept that You're bad and don't claim the rights to get acces to better pvp gear as You simply don't deserve it.

I badly want arena in this game, just not now, like in half a year I hope they will fix all bugs and ability delay so good players can do amazing things in pvp and make keyboardturning clickers QQ even more.

Balance? It will never be perfectly balanced and people have to accept that, if not then simply don't play arena couse it will be just frustrating for You as hell.

I like the idea of not giving any special gear to the arena players if it will make PvEers cry too much, just give some title, speeder, pet, or maybe companion customization, I don't know... just something special, it will be enough.

Also it's silly how people give examples how pvp changed affected pve in WoW. Guy who QQs that his tremor/cleansing totem got changed so he actually have to do something more than just spam chain heal in raid looks rly pathetic in my eyes. Even tho I don't think in wotlk and cataclysm PvE is something hard, at least they have tried to change playstyle of boring-to-play-pve-classes to do something more challenging.

I'll give you a nice example of "skill" in WoW... get 3 PvE players best pvp gear there is and put them into arena - They won't be the bests there are, if they didn't pvp before they will struggle at 1,7k rating... but get good pvp players and give them best possible PvE gear and they will definetly be one of the best in Your raid group.

What season of WoW PVP are you talking about. If it's anything past Season 3, it's past relevance anyway.

Warrior / Shaman, Warrior / Priest, Warrior / Druid, Warrior / Paladin were all viable comps, with some people doing craziness like Warrior/Warrior and still succeeding.

Not needed, but certainly desired. More Warzones are fun, open PVP is fun, but I give the same argument every time. If I'm going to compete is something that provides rewards / ranking, I want to do so with a few select friends of my choosing, and not friends + Random keyboard turners.

Bring in Arena ASAP (after you fix ability delay and Sorcs).

Signed,

Not needed, but certainly desired. More Warzones are funespecially huttbal for melee, open PVP is empty, onesided and only for empire fun, but I give the same argument every time. If I'm going to compete is something that provides rewards / ranking, I want to do so with a few select friends of my choosing after i force them to reroll to the fotm set up ofc, and not friends + Random keyboard turners which i can call scrubs after, cause i dont care how good connection they have, how good their rl friends are and if they have fotm combo, if they play with or without vent or if they have gear or not....scrubs are scrubs.

Bring in Arena ASAP (after you fix ability delay and my class ofc, which is Sorcs). or i go back to wow

Signed,

fixed for you

Edited by unicornfive

Not needed, but certainly desired. More Warzones are funespecially huttbal for melee, open PVP is empty, onesided and only for empire fun, but I give the same argument every time. If I'm going to compete is something that provides rewards / ranking, I want to do so with a few select friends of my choosing after i force them to reroll to the fotm set up ofc, and not friends + Random keyboard turners which i can call scrubs after, cause i dont care how good connection they have, how good their rl friends are and if they have fotm combo, if they play with or without vent or if they have gear or not....scrubs are scrubs.

Bring in Arena ASAP (after you fix ability delay and my class ofc, which is Sorcs). or i go back to wow

Signed,

fixed for you

Wow. That was by far the worst fix I've seen in a long while. You should work for Bioware.

You're just mad I'm calling you out for being bad <3.

I'm a juggernaut by the way. And who tries to make people reroll for PVP. Sad day if that's your strategy to pull wins =(.

(That's probably why you thought Warrior/Druid was the only good comp =D)

What season of WoW PVP are you talking about. If it's anything past Season 3, it's past relevance anyway.

Warrior / Shaman, Warrior / Priest, Warrior / Druid, Warrior / Paladin were all viable comps, with some people doing craziness like Warrior/Warrior and still succeeding.

Yes you are right....but government decided to hide these stats from wow armory cause their intention was only to show how druids are OP, in order to nerf them.

And you described perfectly the warrior/warrior set up....craziness. 1 sl/sl lock can solo them with great ease.

Even on my healer alt, when i saw that change to healing gear (30% of healing became dmg and healing) warriors were my favorite honor cookie

So I've been reading this post for quite some time (got to 20 page and got bored of same crap repeating all over) already and I noticed some things...

Players that doesn't want arena in SWTOR are coming with some silly arguments that arena in WoW was all about a gear and fotm comps and they don't want the same thing happen to this game. As I can agree on the thing that some comps could counter other badly and it made worse players beat better players (skill wise) I cannot agree that arena in WoW was something about gear and ppl who says so were probably just terrible at arena pvp, but they didn't wanted to face the truth... the truth that they're just bad in that aspect of game and instead of trying to understand why they sucked and trying to get better, to improve their playstyle, their skill basically, they started to complain how arena is not balanced, how fotm comp + gear combination gets You to the TOP 10 which is total bullcrap. True, in last seasons of WOTLK there was many teams that got to glad with warrior/dk running with Shadowmourne, but even tho it's not like 1500 ranked warrior could team up with similiar skilled paladin and a dk to get to 2,6k rating, come on...

It's clear that some comps were better in particular seasons, but it's not like You could get 3 random 1,5k guys to play fotm setup and get a glad... they wouldn't even reach 2k rating which is far far from gladiator.

Also I see a lot of players saying that: "I'm true pvp player couse I love world pvp, arena suck". That's just excuse of a bad player, couse of course no one is gonna notice that You're bad if You're running with other 40 ppl with You and You don't have to do anything skillfull to succed as players You have in group are doing all the job for You. People must understand that there are bad and good players as there is a skill factor, which if You don't understand it means You either should improve Your playstyle or accept that You're bad and don't claim the rights to get acces to better pvp gear as You simply don't deserve it.

I badly want arena in this game, just not now, like in half a year I hope they will fix all bugs and ability delay so good players can do amazing things in pvp and make keyboardturning clickers QQ even more.

Balance? It will never be perfectly balanced and people have to accept that, if not then simply don't play arena couse it will be just frustrating for You as hell.

I like the idea of not giving any special gear to the arena players if it will make PvEers cry too much, just give some title, speeder, pet, or maybe companion customization, I don't know... just something special, it will be enough.

Also it's silly how people give examples how pvp changed affected pve in WoW. Guy who QQs that his tremor/cleansing totem got changed so he actually have to do something more than just spam chain heal in raid looks rly pathetic in my eyes. Even tho I don't think in wotlk and cataclysm PvE is something hard, at least they have tried to change playstyle of boring-to-play-pve-classes to do something more challenging.

I'll give you a nice example of "skill" in WoW... get 3 PvE players best pvp gear there is and put them into arena - They won't be the bests there are, if they didn't pvp before they will struggle at 1,7k rating... but get good pvp players and give them best possible PvE gear and they will definetly be one of the best in Your raid group.

lol. go look up the arena stats from the CURRENT season. The top 50% of teams all run the same 3 comps. it's like this every season, so please, stop lying and saying it's not about the comp when everyone knows it darned well is. heck, just spend 20 minutes logged into wow and you'll see things like (rogue/priest lf mage for 3s) this is the fail that is arena

I played a Rogue S2 to S9. I played with two people, one was a Priest, the other a Mage. I won't bother explaining how well we did, you've seen the comp and seasons, you can probably tell me. None of us are keyboard turners or clickers, if that helps.

My Rogue only raided for chances at specific drops. Most of the time I raided on my Paladin. My guild's primary raiding Rogue actually leveled a Paladin so we could swap spots for specific drops.

I watched both my classes/primary specs get jerked around in the "OMGGGGGG GC ARENA BALANCE" shenanigans. I have absolutely no desire to watch that happen again.

Arena is particularly bad about forcing hybrid classes into singular specs because the others are "too op for arena" or "don't fit into a good comp."

In short, if you want arena in SWTOR, by all means. Just don't have any rewards for it besides credits and Legacy XP. Enjoy playing by yourself.

Edited by Talkative

Best argument against arena in SWTOR is wow-arena players posting here asking for arena to be implemented. Speaks for itself.

So you're saying that drawing population (population = money, shorter queues, more grouping, richer economy) from other games, specifically the people participating in skilled, competitive PvP, is a bad thing?

Lost cause, you are. Mrrmm.

Arena is not pvp, its instanced group dueling.

Let me guess, dueling isn't PVP either?

Please tell me how 1 player fighting another player (or in arena's case, 2-5 players fighting 2-5 players) is not Player Vs. Player but 8 players fighting 8 players is.

Introduction of arenas should come AFTER they fix world PvP and do more class balance. Arenas are bad if they are the source for best gear like they were in WOW because then you force people to have to do them. Make arenas an optional part of the game or let people do it for fun, thats it.

Introduction of arenas should come AFTER they fix world PvP and do more class balance. Arenas are bad if they are the source for best gear like they were in WOW because then you force people to have to do them. Make arenas an optional part of the game or let people do it for fun, thats it.

Agree on all counts. Except maybe "fixing world PVP," because that will never happen. Ever. It's dead, Jim. Their engine can't handle battles of that magnitude, etc etc.

So you're saying that drawing population (population = money, shorter queues, more grouping, richer economy) from other games, specifically the people participating in skilled, competitive PvP, is a bad thing?

Lost cause, you are. Mrrmm.

arena players are caustic and drive away the average player. combine that with them being a statistically insignificant group and it's clear why BW lets blizzard have them and all the baggage that comes with them. i think it's pretty clear that like pretty much every other MMO, BW has weighed the pros and cons and sees no benefit from breaking their game for duels in a box...

Area's are dueling. You are welcome to duel on your own time if you like, but no one should be rewarded for dueling. Arena's are the most exploitative to specific classes over others, some classes are not designed for dueling while others are.

End result, Dev's attempt to scale and mod classes because of arenas instead of the rest of the 99.9% of the game because Arena QQers scream til Dev's respond.

So lets fix the problem and ban anyone that asked for an Arena instead.

Area's are dueling. You are welcome to duel on your own time if you like, but no one should be rewarded for dueling. Arena's are the most exploitative to specific classes over others, some classes are not designed for dueling while others are.

End result, Dev's attempt to scale and mod classes because of arenas instead of the rest of the 99.9% of the game because Arena QQers scream til Dev's respond.

So lets fix the problem and ban anyone that asked for an Arena instead.

Learn to use apostrophes Sir. Arenas aren't dueling, they are structured deathmatches. Every class in the game has some sort of synergy with another class, which can be used to their advantage in a small scale PVP setting.

1v1 is dueling, as per the definition.

A prearranged, formal combat between two persons, usually fought to settle a point of honor.

Arena is not dueling.