The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Did they nerf BH, Rail Gun Procs???

Shrug

Is it me or did they nerf the BH with last patch??? Im speaking in regards to the abilities that give cooldown effect or clear effect of the "rail gun" ability.

The fire blast cool down that pops rail gun is not going off anymore?!?! Rocket punch seems weaker too on the proc.... I only get one to two rail shots now on a encounter, which means everything is now kicking my ***, since my build is based around the rail shot......

Is it me or did they nerf the BH with last patch??? Im speaking in regards to the abilities that give cooldown effect or clear effect of the "rail gun" ability.

The fire blast cool down that pops rail gun is not going off anymore?!?! Rocket punch seems weaker too on the proc.... I only get one to two rail shots now on a encounter, which means everything is now kicking my ***, since my build is based around the rail shot......

You've discovered a large part of the reason that builds built around proc-fishing are not good ways to go. When things go well the build performs fine. But when things don't just perfectly then the build doesn't do its job properly. More to a specific point, if you ever want to recognize a noob tank right off the get go, check their build. If they are built around proc-fishing instead of consistency then you need to watch out when you're in a group with them.

You've discovered a large part of the reason that builds built around proc-fishing are not good ways to go. When things go well the build performs fine. But when things don't just perfectly then the build doesn't do its job properly. More to a specific point, if you ever want to recognize a noob tank right off the get go, check their build. If they are built around proc-fishing instead of consistency then you need to watch out when you're in a group with them.

The Pyro tree is centered around "proc fishing" as you call it, and its a DPS tree. The middle tree just sux from what ive heard and the tank tree is a tank tree.. so if you wanna go DPS as a PT and hit 5-600k damage in warzones you have to go Pyro.. i dont really understand what your point is though... obviously no one would tank as Pyro.. just as a madness sorc wouldent be main healer in a raid..

If your tank is built around Pyro, then yes it's bad for tanking. If it's at least 21 in ST (with the appropriate talents), it's fine.

Luckily though with pyro the dps is still quite good if you get crap all procs it just suffers a little with heat problems, this is because even having to use large amounts of rapid shots with all the increases to CGC and the fact that it will almost always proc on a rapid means its still a respectable use of a GCD (mine hits for ~300 crits for 500.. that increases by 30% when they are sub 30% health).

When the stars align and you get chain RS procs the damage (and threat) is quite scary

Luckily though with pyro the dps is still quite good if you get crap all procs it just suffers a little with heat problems, this is because even having to use large amounts of rapid shots with all the increases to CGC and the fact that it will almost always proc on a rapid means its still a respectable use of a GCD (mine hits for ~300 crits for 500.. that increases by 30% when they are sub 30% health).

When the stars align and you get chain RS procs the damage (and threat) is quite scary

Absolutely. Pyro is much more than just fishing for rail gun procs, which is why it actually works even with horrible luck on them. Rail gun procs are a bonus to pyro played properly, not the base determining factor of whether or not it does damage or not.

The Pyro tree is centered around "proc fishing" as you call it, and its a DPS tree. The middle tree just sux from what ive heard and the tank tree is a tank tree.. so if you wanna go DPS as a PT and hit 5-600k damage in warzones you have to go Pyro.. i dont really understand what your point is though... obviously no one would tank as Pyro.. just as a madness sorc wouldent be main healer in a raid..

This is wrong. Pyro has much more going for it than fishing for rail gun procs. Perhaps in PvP getting those things take a higher priority, but in PvE pyro is not just about getting those shots off. When it happens, great, but you don't need proc-fishing to do good dps with pyro. Though quite frankly, I'd prefer to rely on math than anecdotal evidence of what people did or didn't do in a warzone. There are so many variables to warzone damage that it's essentially worthless to state a number as a hard and fast rule of what you can hit in a warzone. I'll certainly agree though that Pyro is considerable damage in PvP; moreso seemingly on a consistent basis than other specs we have.

Edited by Kyryck

You realize Defense/Shield are chances, or "procs" as you say.

Must suck grouping with every tank for you huh.

You realize Defense/Shield are chances, or "procs" as you say.

Must suck grouping with every tank for you huh.

More like we use what we're given as tanks. Would I prefer, as a tanker, to have a shield that applies to everything instead of having a chance to go off? Absolutely. Sadly I'm not given that chance. Apparently you seem to feel that there's little difference between speccing into defensive 'proc' talents that appear on gear and that you're forced to take if you want to survive tanking things versus choosing to base your threat and damage majorly around proc-fishing for one specific ability.

More to the point, there's a reason why tanks seek to maximize their defensive chances. It's to minimize the chances of the defense not applying. So we tanks realize the limitations of procs, especially ones that dictate our survival, and seek to minimize that effect. So why in God's name would somebody seek out yet more proc effects (especially ones that don't improve via gear choices once maxed in talents) to base their tanking build around?

Edited by Kyryck