Free transfers

Halofax

Missing the point that WoW offers transfers OFF popular servers and ON to less populated ones. TOR needs the exact opposite.

In fact what TOR needs is for Republic players to choose whatever server they want.

Maybe not...

This is one of the many things that really hurt WoW - horrid implementation of the transfer system.

You need balanced transfers.

From full servers to light servers for either faction is fine, to reduce lag and queue times for the player. But if you allow people to completely choose their transfer options, then you WILL have light server players transfering to full and heavy populated servers in a flash - increasing the problems on these already full and faction imbalanced servers.

Just take a look at all the berks, who on buying the game on the 20th / 21st immediatley rolled characters on servers that were already full, then yelling about how the queue's were unacceptable - yet there were medium and light servers available to roll on...

Transfers need to split by faction - allow transfers for Imps from imbalanced servers to a limited set of servers to even the factions and server load.

They really should also, start labelling servers by the lesser populated faction to aid server selection for new characters.

After the whole beta guild placing debacle however, which contributed to imblanced servers, I would have thought that at the very least, initial transfers should be Free.

Hell, maybe even a case of - we (Bioware) give you the options of where to move to, in order to balance factions / server load / lag etc and you can move for free & on a high prioirty. If you simply want to move and ignore our advice, then yeah we'll still move you, but then we are forcing a charge on you & we'll move after the other transfers.

But if you allow people to completely choose their transfer options, then you WILL have light server players transfering to full and heavy populated servers in a flash - increasing the problems on these already full and faction imbalanced servers.

And ? I PAY to play this game to enjoy it, the server im on is rubbish and I dont enjoy anything, never enough people on to do H's, PVP or pretty much any group content.

Now that im level 50 and just running around Ilum looking for crates every day to try and do the dailies..

And again, I pay for this !

I want to transfer my char to where I can actually enjoy it.. not wonder a ghost town.

WE WANT TRANSFERS !

I want to transfer my char to where I can actually enjoy it.. not wonder a ghost town.

WE WANT TRANSFERS !

How is transfers gonna solve low-pop servers? They would just be even more empty. If a free transfer opens you simply can't trust everybody on the realm to actually transfer, that will never happen.

No, we need merges, because this game has probably stopped growing :/

Edited by DashFiss

Missing the point that WoW offers transfers OFF popular servers and ON to less populated ones. TOR needs the exact opposite.

In fact what TOR needs is for Republic players to choose whatever server they want.

No, TOR needs the population to even out if anything. I'm sick of queueing on the busy servers at peak times. The quietness of the small servers, generally those launched later, means everyone wants to be on the same few servers causing lag and problems.

How is transfers gonna solve low-pop servers? They would just be even more empty. If a free transfer opens you simply can't trust everybody on the realm to actually transfer, that will never happen.

No, we need merges, because this game has probably stopped growing :/

Agreed, but Id be happy with either right now :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.