The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Operative Nerf is too much

big_aug

People who think their OP class is fine and everything is balanced and say things like 'the opening burst is all we have!' are so ridiculous. First off, lets just take a look at our opener. I call it the everything button. It does high damage, puts a high dot, cc's and gives us a 50% armour penetration buff. Most of you silly folks think you're just good when you're face rolling everyone, the fact of the matter is that the class is so easy to play that a kitten could succeed. As for gap closers, what. There is -always- something to LoS a ranged with. -always-. If they start kiting you just LoS and wait for stealth or wait for them to derp over and smash their face in. If you try to close the gap by running towards them you sort of deserve death and to be kited. If there's more then one you should always die. I played scrapper for a while but it was so easy and I knew a nerf was coming so I switched to sawbones.

+1

5char

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It is a problem with the class.

Yeah - our burst is now in line with every other class. Woo-hoo. First that's not true since there are other classes that can AoE 9k crits (Marauders anyone?)

Anyway, this is the problem none of you who haven't played Op/Scoundrel NEVER understood. And what you said is a prime example.

IT'S NOT THE NERF THAT HURT US. IT'S THE FACT THAT WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE TO DO.

We do the same damage you do now? Great. You also have a gap closer, solid defense, range, sustainable DPS that probably bypasses armor, and the ability to leave the battle very quickly without a chance of it being broken by a DoT or AoE.

You know how much of that Ops/Scoundrels have to fall back on with our now standardized DPS? None.

The Nerf did not balance this class. It made it completely useless. And not in the ironic sense. It made it useless in every practical functional sense. I don't care how made you got by this class. You have to recognize a problem when it exists both ways. Otherwise, you just prove you only cared about the problem because YOU COULDN'T WIN.

QFT, +1, well said etc. etc. i guess BW wants us to heal instead. Fun that we now have ONE decent talent tree (decent yes, since 2 of the 5 heals in the healing tree is broken.).

I think he was referring to ranged attacks that slow the target down, thus allowing the op to reach them and close the gap.

Personally, ops don't need to have every tool in the PVP toolbox. Let them roll hybrid heals, or experiment with specs to find utility. Or find new roles in hit and run concealment, instead of their pure 1v1 ownage.

operatives dont have a ranged slow, we have a dot, a aoe grenade, and our auto attacks

we cant kill someone with these abilities unless they have like 10% health

Im not saying we need everyhting but when our burst gets normalized and is on par with a lot of other classes we will still be the most kiteable/squishy classes in the game

Personally I am planning to switch over to my assassin so i am actually useful other then locking down/maybe killing 1 person

It's funny when the butthurt victims of our burst are telling us we're whiners because we don't want to be useless. It's just as un-leveled, except we're at the bottom end, not the top end. You guys are only happy because we were the only ones who killed you or something

****, why am I saying we? Oh, yeah, I spec'd medicine. Silly me....

operatives dont have a ranged slow, we have a dot, a aoe grenade, and our auto attacks

we cant kill someone with these abilities unless they have like 10% health

Im not saying we need everyhting but when our burst gets normalized and is on par with a lot of other classes we will still be the most kiteable/squishy classes in the game

Personally I am planning to switch over to my assassin so i am actually useful other then locking down/maybe killing 1 person

I hear you. But the lethality tree has an aoe corrosive grenade with a talented snare. And flashbang will allow a ranged close if you note them trinket out of it when you trick them into using it on debilitate.

But I could also see ops getting a hamstring :)

I don't play an op so I'm largely talking out of my... just conjecture.

once a sorc force sprints away how does a operative catch up to him? you have dots on you so vanish isnt going to do much

the answer is you get kited and you die, once a sorc gets distance on a op he has to run away and los or die

edit: in your post it seems that you dont know what the word "gapcloser" means, it means charge, sprint, or any other mechanic that brings you close to your target when theyre far away

how about flash bangng his sprint or stunning his sprint??

ohh i forgot.. that would require actually skill... sry then my fault

My opener fully fills the resolve bar so i cant cc him at all to stop his sprint

EDIT: our burst is op I fully know that but after this patch goes through we will be "sniper tier" aka the worst class in the game

I suggest bioware puts a 30% ms on one of our abilites through talents or gives us a dispel talent at the bottom of the healing tree that allows us to dispel force user dots off ourselves AND pls for the love of god make our 100% 3 second dodge spell work for interrupts

these ideas were off the top of my head in 5 minutes time im sure bioware could come up with something better

Edited by Dietyz

I'm sorry this is unacceptable advice. It's almost like there's an easy way of preventing em getting away from the easy gank. That extra fourth button might be too much to manage.

I'm sorry this is unacceptable advice. It's almost like there's an easy way of preventing em getting away from the easy gank. That extra fourth button might be too much to manage.

I guess some players still dont know what resolve is

I love how you morons don't even know what RESOLVE is.

These are the people you listened to, Bioware. The guys who have no *********** idea what Resolve is.

I suggest bioware puts a 30% ms on one of our abilites through talents or gives us a dispel talent at the bottom of the healing tree that allows us to dispel force user dots off ourselves

Look your talents again. You CAN dispel all dots from you.

Look your talents again. You CAN dispel all dots from you.

a scrapper specced scoundrel cannot get any talent that allows them to remove force users dots

i am not a healer please dont tell me to somehow get talents deep in the tree

Edited by Dietyz

Well, tbh that's the only Thing Operratives/Scoundrels have. They need to get the first hit. Yes, they are OP in 1v1 and yes, they can kill you or drop you to 30% in a Stun. But like i said, that's the only thing they have. They really are amazing against unorganisted people :/ If you react and keep eyes open there they can't do anything. A Stun, a Rescue on the attacked Teammember or Guard completely destroys them.

Now Bioware needs to buff them to be able to compete with Guardian/Sentinel. They need a Gap Closer, asap.

EDIT: No, i'm a Sage. I got killed plenty of time by an Operative. But not in my Premade. Guard, Rescue, some Heals and the Operatives are just useless. You can kite them to death, like really, they are so kiteable :S

Also the funny thing is that they didn't nerf Juggernaut/Guardian. 7k AE Burst isn't op? Like what the hell.

Are you serious ?

If you mean the tendon blast root talent it lasts 2 seconds and only has 10m range

.....next?

And L2P next. Tool is there. Want to know how to use it? Keep reading.

If you don't manage to pull it off before he sprints away then you need to work on your anticipation skill. Just like the rest of us. You know, that personal skill that makes you think what opponent might do and prevent that if possible and guess what? It is possible.

Scenario should go like this:

You open on them, they break CC.

What would possibly happen now? THEY WILL TRY TO RUN OMG!

Your answer? Spam dmging skills and QQ that he got away.

Your answer if you anticipated it? TENDON BLAST WHILE HE IS STILL IN RANGE! GG, his sprint lasts 2 sec, your root lasts 2 sec if he takes dmg, you've just facerolled another sorc/sage. Difference? You had to use brain now. better get used to it.

Edited by Lerdoc

And L2P next. Tool is there. Want to know how to use it? Keep reading.

If you don't manage to pull it off before he sprints away then you need to work on your anticipation skill. Just like the rest of us. You know, that personal skill that makes you think what opponent might do and prevent that if possible and guess what? It is possible.

Scenario should go like this:

You open on them, they break CC.

What would possibly happen now? THEY WILL TRY TO RUN OMG!

Your answer? Spam dmging skills and QQ that he got away.

Your answer if you anticipated it? TENDON BLAST WHILE HE IS STILL IN RANGE! GG, his sprint lasts 2 sec, your root lasts 2 sec if he takes dmg, you've just facerolled another sorc/sage. Difference? You had to use brain now. better get used to it.

Basically youre saying that if I time a skill perfectly I can win otherwise I lose, and all he needs t do is hope that i dont time it perfectly and then he wins

thats not balanced

Basically youre saying that if I time a skill perfectly I can win otherwise I lose, and all he needs t do is hope that i dont time it perfectly and then he wins

thats not balanced

And whats balanced to you? That he manages to get much needed distance and you still own his butt?

Guess what? Thats how it works for my gunslinger when melee jumps me.

And yes, if you don't counter him in the window of opportunity then he deserves to counter you. Thats how skilled PVP works. You'll learn one day. Try to reroll other class, you might learn faster.

Edited by Lerdoc

100% explains why I kept seeing only Shiv and backstab being used over and over again by certain Ops while being ripped apart. ( all before the brackets ) I for one am glad to see it take place. This now forces players to start to learn their class instead of sitting back on a crutch spamming a supposed "I win" button.

Enough about the crit nerf. Any of these postings saying it was to much, or like a similar one I saw recently where the person cried in their cancel thread about it, tells me that you really had no idea how to play your class. This goes for any class and any player.

If one move is THAT powerful that you use/rely on it so often, then the class or other mechanics that make it so powerful deserve the nerfs they get.