Petition: Mara CC immunity

Karnyvor

Since Maras and Sentinels are the only Melee class without any damage mitigations and get CC'd all the time, I Petition Bioware to change Maras so that when they Berserk/Predation/Bloodthirst etc, after building 30 stacks of Fury, they are immune to CC of any kind while those abilities are active.

I think this would go a long way to restoring balance in PVP. Further, this would be relatively simple to implement... it would be an easy fix, as it were.

I agree on this, doesn't sound op at all. Considering situation mara's are in now.

But your reason behind this post is pretty naive. Petition on such a major change that could affect balance ?

Of course everyone will agree. Hell. Let's make petition that mara's do 50% more damage on all abilities. I bet the whole Mara community will agree.

Well I was reading on the forums and I read somewhere about a suggestion of a new Fury skill where it is pretty much like a Unleash but it requires 30 Fury with no cool down.

IMO resolve system is broken. Melee classes need to have a stronger resolve system than ranged.

I agree on this, doesn't sound op at all. Considering situation mara's are in now.

But your reason behind this post is pretty naive. Petition on such a major change that could affect balance ?

Of course everyone will agree. Hell. Let's make petition that mara's do 50% more damage on all abilities. I bet the whole Mara community will agree.

I considered how it would affect balance. However, considering that Maras dont hit as hard as either Ops and dont have the survivability of assasins, this is a valid improvement that is not game breaking.

My buddy is an op and without popping anything crits 3.7k on hidden strikes, no pvp gear.

That said, Maras have no real mitigation, except once every 3 min for 15 sec... which is kind ridiculous imo.

I think the resolve system itself needs to be overhauled. Some of the stuns are so long in this game, it might as well be two separate stuns. Once it finally does wear off, you get hit by another one, then slowed and so on. it's frustrating getting stun locked in a warzone, then after you respawn you finally see your resolve bar full. Not to mention using unleash only to immediately be hit by another CC. Id be really pissed to have to spend a full stack of fury to break out of the second CC only to get hit by a third one.

Since Maras and Sentinels are the only Melee class without any damage mitigations and get CC'd all the time, I Petition Bioware to change Maras so that when they Berserk/Predation/Bloodthirst etc, after building 30 stacks of Fury, they are immune to CC of any kind while those abilities are active.

I think this would go a long way to restoring balance in PVP. Further, this would be relatively simple to implement... it would be an easy fix, as it were.

i agree with part after the " no dmg migration" you know we do lol, every min.. and every 3 mins.

I think the resolve system itself needs to be overhauled. Some of the stuns are so long in this game, it might as well be two separate stuns. Once it finally does wear off, you get hit by another one, then slowed and so on. it's frustrating getting stun locked in a warzone, then after you respawn you finally see your resolve bar full. Not to mention using unleash only to immediately be hit by another CC. Id be really pissed to have to spend a full stack of fury to break out of the second CC only to get hit by a third one.

Well and not all stuns are the same. There are some stuns that dont stop once u take damage. So I agree that the resolve system needs to be dealt with. However, even if it did work, having Berserk provide us CC immunity for that short term would go along way to making this class competitive in pvp, especially in light of the Sorceror/Op spree it currently is.

i agree with part after the " no dmg migration" you know we do lol, every min.. and every 3 mins.

The 1 min one is what... six seconds? I fire off a skill, 1.5 sec global CD... I fire off a 2nd skill... 1.5 sec global CD... 3rd skill... 1.5 sec global CD... 1 min mitigation is done...

Bearing in mind that the above circumstance is if... and I mean IF... you dont get skill lag as many do... I have had to hit skills 5-8 times and they wont go off... this destroys rotations and of course, I am dead because I get FF... then its off to the nub zone for me... oh ya, and this is with 400+ expertise.

I have taken the 1 min one off my bar its so ineffective... I have yet to notice a difference.

Well and not all stuns are the same. There are some stuns that dont stop once u take damage. So I agree that the resolve system needs to be dealt with. However, even if it did work, having Berserk provide us CC immunity for that short term would go along way to making this class competitive in pvp, especially in light of the Sorceror/Op spree it currently is.

Oh I got ya. I mis read the OP's idea. I thought he was talking about adding a whole new skill that costs a full stack of fury to break CC. I agree that would make a big difference in PVP, even if the immunity didn't last the full 15 secs, I'd be happy with just 5 secs but def wouldn't say no to 15 secs.

Oh I got ya. I mis read the OP's idea. I thought he was talking about adding a whole new skill that costs a full stack of fury to break CC. I agree that would make a big difference in PVP, even if the immunity didn't last the full 15 secs, I'd be happy with just 5 secs but def wouldn't say no to 15 secs.

I agree a new anti-CC skill would be potentially unbalancing. However, having berserk and/or other 30 fury based skills providing CC immunity I think would be fine, from a game balance perspective.

The 1 min one is what... six seconds? I fire off a skill, 1.5 sec global CD... I fire off a 2nd skill... 1.5 sec global CD... 3rd skill... 1.5 sec global CD... 1 min mitigation is done...

Bearing in mind that the above circumstance is if... and I mean IF... you dont get skill lag as many do... I have had to hit skills 5-8 times and they wont go off... this destroys rotations and of course, I am dead because I get FF... then its off to the nub zone for me... oh ya, and this is with 400+ expertise.

I have taken the 1 min one off my bar its so ineffective... I have yet to notice a difference.

u forget that the GCD is 1.5 too for the one who's attacking you... basically it's 20% dmg reduce vs the one you are getting hit from but if you mean vs 9000 ppl, it's different story

u forget that the GCD is 1.5 too for the one who's attacking you... basically it's 20% dmg reduce vs the one you are getting hit from but if you mean vs 9000 ppl, it's different story

True.. however, usually, I get FF'd. When I play my ranged classes I FF maras first.

Well I wouldn't want anyone with 2 light sabers near me either, which is funny because Ops do more burst than we do by a long shot.

An op in the Public Test forums posted that after they pushed a nerf to the server to test, he was critting 7k on full geared champs.

That kind of dps is impossible on a Mara.

Please read your skills carefully, and know how they work. Cloak of pain refreshes itself when you are damaged, up to 30 seconds.

So, 30 seconds of 20% dmg redux, not 6.

Please read your skills carefully, and know how they work. Cloak of pain refreshes itself when you are damaged, up to 30 seconds.

So, 30 seconds of 20% dmg redux, not 6.

However, with the new PVP bracket, a new lvl 50 mara against a pvp geared anything 20% is a minimal advantage, as many have enough expertise to increase their outgoing damage by 10-15%.

Your point is valid. However, in PvP, I have noticed little difference between having it turned on and not having it turned on, when it comes to survivability, All that means is that I am alive and in stun-lock for slightly longer before I am dead.

Getting back to CC immunity, having any 30 Fury stack required ability to provide immunity from CC while its active, I believe would balance out Maras as a class.

I know there are a lot of Mara videos out there showing them owning, but these videos show geared maras against either bolstered lowbies or individuals with no expertise gear. Further in each of the videos I have reviewed, the Mara in question ALWAYS has a pocket healer, rather rolling solo.

Now that is not to say there are no post 1.1 maras out there that own in Warzones, I just haven't seen them yet. I also suspect that most Maras who are owning are not focus specced Carnage.

Edited by Karnyvor