The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lack of Gear Progression in SWTOR

Eavus

Okay then after you level you character up then what.... thats right nothing.

This comment is completely onesided not everyone wants to level to 50 then reroll over and over again.

Here let me just reverse what you just said level to 50 slowly.... (games been out over a month now most are hitting 50 lol).

Oh I hit 50 reroll another char.... gind the same quests and fps again to 50....

Oh another 50 let me reroll and DO THE SAME QUESTS ALL OVER AGAIN.

Your saying its boring doing the same stuff over and over again at end game well I say doing the same linear quests over and over again is mind numbing.

At least if they had gear progression you would be working towards getting stronger and ready for the next content to release.

If you want to spend months on alts good for you but why hurt the people that want decent end game with progression? If you dont care about it then really why are you commenting at all?

Did I say anything about alts?

Your still talking about people hitting 50 in a month. Im talking about a year, by which times there is an expansion worth of new content. Hmmmm a whole year worth of questing and content; then get some new content.

You say thats one sided but your any different? Looks to me you think everyone should want the same borefest you do. See there is a difference between us. I do feel that everyone has a right to their type of game. But all the industry has puked out since WoW is same ole rush to lvl cap and grind dailies. There is quit enuff of them out there yet every new MMO people whine for the same thing.

Let me get this straight, you want whether or not you can beat an encounter to be determined by the quality of your gear rather than the skill of your players? Move along folks, nothing to see here but a crazy person.

Let me get this straight, you want whether or not you can beat an encounter to be determined by the quality of your gear rather than the skill of your players? Move along folks, nothing to see here but a crazy person.

So then...there shouldn't be any gear in the game...and just your skill (and by that meaning copying whatever known strat is floating around the net) should be enough to kill the boss.

Why can't we do ops at lvl 10 then? we have the skill, we know the strats. Why should we be limited by our level...

I agree, it should be normal = tionese, hard = columi, nightmare = rakata. The mish-mash atm kind of ruins both the balance purposes of the difficulties (ie each level meant to accomodate defined niches of palyer skill) and progression. I'm not really one for encouraged difficulty grinding, but with difficulty settings for some groups that will happen anyway. THe systme should reflect that its to accomdate players of certain skillsets though not some weird hashbash.

If that is what people want that is fine but then they are going to have to heavily nerf the ops as it is now as you do need Columi to do the HM OPs really. So they would have to make it so Normal can be completed in regular quest gear without too much difficulty (rather than needing level 126+ gear for Ops reduce it down to about 110+, rather than needing 136+ for HM OPs reduce that down to around 126+, etc.).

As it is now there is gear progression. You need lvl 120-126+ to start the OPs, you need Columi to do the HM OPs and you need Rakata to do NM OPs for the most part.

PvP gear seems to just fall in your lap, and its good enough to do HMs in. And the gear you get out of doing normal operations is the same, if not worse, gear than you get out of hard mode flashpoints.. its a complete waste of time.

No, PvP gear falls in your lap IF YOU ARE LUCKY. I got lucky on the first Ilum Daily/weekly and the PvP Daily/Weekly and I opened 6 bags to get 4 pieces of Champ gear. IN the past several weeks of completing them I have yet to see another piece of champion gear since. I also know many who have opened tons of champ bags and have yet to get a single piece (talking for the past 2-3 weeks they have done every daily and weekly and bought champ bags with their comms and have yet to get one).

Edited by Mltdwn