The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A consecrate would be nice...

Tenacity

Pardon the WoW terms, but I figure most people here will understand what I mean by that. I've noticed that in several level 50 flashpoints, you get add spawns during boss fights that can be relatively difficult to pick up (the first one that comes to mind is the kaleesh commander in battle of ilum that spawns four stealthed kaleesh assassins every 20-30 seconds, and they almost always end up backstab-spamming one of my damage dealers before I even see them or can react accordingly with a flame sweep).

Having an ability which can be placed in an area and deals constant AoE damage to enemies that enter the area would not only compliment our current design as AoE tanks, but help deal with situations where enemies cannot be picked up quickly enough with flame sweep or flamethrower.

A lot of people have been asking for the ability to set oil slick on fire since early beta, causing targets in the slick to take fire damage over the slick's duration. Unfortunately it's hard to find a trooper equivalent, with their version of oil slick being a smoke grenade.

Here's a suggestion around that, regardless:

-Add a 2 point talent at tier 6 (next to counterattack / empowered tech)

For Vanguards:

Poison Gas

Your smoke grenade is infused with poison, causing enemies within the area to take X/Y elemental damage per second. This ability generates a high amount of threat.

For Powertechs:

Ignite

When you use oil slick, you ignite the spill, causing enemies within the slick to take X/Y elemental damage per second. This ability generates a high amount of threat.

As a high tier 2 point talent, this obviously means we'll have to drop points elsewhere (probably our 8% rocket punch damage in pyrotech or 3 second flamethrower cooldown reduction in advanced prototypes) in order to pick it up, hence the high threat modifier to make up for what we give up elsewhere. The ability doesnt have to do a lot of damage either, it just needs to be able to pick up targets that dont have any threat built on them yet.

I think both of those ideas are well thought out and would make sense, but personally do not think that is needed, however I would like to see flamesweep possibly either trigger IGS, or have an insignificant dmg DoT applied that does a good bit of threat. I think flame sweep costs too damn much for it not to either do more threat or apply a DoT. Edited by Rhyantis

Theres really no real need for the wow-breed of aoe tanking in current content.

The real issue, imo, is the positioning of multiple mobs when attacking one target. Im not sure why they all need they need to form a circle around me. Extreme collision detection?

Theres really no real need for the wow-breed of aoe tanking in current content.

The real issue, imo, is the positioning of multiple mobs when attacking one target. Im not sure why they all need they need to form a circle around me. Extreme collision detection?

This, god I hate this!