What rotation do you use for most fights?

ddot

Im a 35, so I dont have all the high lvl abilities. I starting this thread because we marauders are bloated with abilities, and sometimes I get stuck using the same abilities because im overwhelmed by how many there are and maybe overlook great ones that if i tossed in my rotation would make a big difference.

I know everythings situational, but heres may basic rotation I use (Im CARNAGE spec btw):

Force Charge > Smash > Assault x 2 > Gore > Ravage > Force Choke > Force Scream > Assault/Vicious Slash in cycle untill i have enough for: > Beserk (if up) > Vicious Slash x6 > assault x2 > Force Scream -

if they are still alive after this I do the Assault/Vicious Slash cycle untill Gore and Ravage come back from cooldown, and then repeat the cycle from there.

Ill toss a retaliate if it comes up and i have the rage, and obviously ill pommel strike if a force scream incapacitates someone.

Any sugestions to put in from other Carnage specs? Would you add anything? What rotation do you use if you are the other Specs?

I'm at 50, and roll with:

Force Charge > Battering Assault > Massacre > Gore > Force Scream > Ravage > Force Choke

After that I ensure that Massacre is up at all times (to keep the Ataru strikes coming) and time it with the Force Scream cooldown to get a constant crit with it. Rinse and repeat with the occasional Viscious Throw tossed in.

If this was BH it would be, tracer missile, tracer missile, tracer missile, tracer missile, tracer missile, tracer missile, tracer missile, tracer missile, tracer missile.

As rage i usually charge, battering, crush, vicious, smash, choke, obliterate, but it can vary.

The great thing about the marauder is there are a ton of different rotations that you can do based on the situation at hand and how much rage you have built up. It's a priority based system that has a lot of flexibility based on who you are fighting and how the battlefield situation changes over time.

I was leveling in Carnage and my rotation was perfect imo.

Force Charge -> Battering Assault -> Gore -> Ravage -> Scream + Retaliation.

While I cast Ravage I usually deflect one attack. So as it has no GCD I Use it together with Scream and that's a pretty good burst.

I'm not sure what Spec you are so I will just post what I do.

Annihilation

- On normal 3-4 grey mobs I do:

Force Charge -> Smash -> Pommel Strike(First Grey dies) -> Rupture(With Seeping Wound) -> Savage Kick(Second grey dies) -> Ravage(Third Grey dies) -> Annihilate(If needed).

- On Strongs/Elites (Silver/Gold) I do:

Force Charge -> Deadly Saber midair -> Battering Assault -> Rupture(With Seeping Wound) -> Ravage -> Savage Kick(If its a strong/silver, if not skip) -> Annihilate -> Force Choke -> Repeat combo from Deadly Saber.

Most Strongs die once you get to Savage Kick, and for Elites you will want to add defensive cooldowns in between skills.

Carnage

Force Charge -> Smash -> Pommel Strike(First Grey dies) -> Massacre -> Force Scream(Second Grey dies) -> Ravage (Third Grey dies) -> Finish last off with personal method of choice.

Force Charge -> Battering Assault -> Massacre -> Force Scream -> Ravage -> Force Choke -> Massacre spam -> Force Scream.

If your not level 40 yet you'll have a harder time with Carnage since you don't have the reliability to get Blood Frenzy from Massacre. Also defensive cooldowns in between skills for elites.

Rage

Force Charge -> Smash(crit'd) -> Pommel Strike(First die) -> Force Scream(Second dies) -> Ravage(Third dies) -> Autoattack for last.

Force Charge -> Force Crush -> Battering Assault -> Smash -> Force Choke -> Force Scream -> Obliterate -> Smash -> Force Crush -> Battering Assault -> Smash.

Defensive cooldowns for elites. Most Strongs die by the time you Force Scream.

All my rotations assume you have the Quick Recovery Talent.

Edited by ChaeTakbae

generally it's:- (at lvl 36)

force charge, savage kick, smash, pommel strike, obfuscate, battering assault, force choke, then alternating between basic attack and vicious slash until smash has recharged. plus chucking in a few shouts and whatever the dual slice thing is that hits upto 5 enemies..

If I'm getting too much heat then I use camouflage as a lock-breaker to deflect NPC dps onto Companion whilst cooldowns clear and to give time to drop a medpack.

if it's really hectic, it's generally "that icon is lit! hit it!"... :)...

Edited by Krebsy

Assuming a standard group of 2x weak and 1x strong mobs...

Charge Weak 1 > Savage Kick > Target Weak 2 > Smash (Weak 1 dies) > Pummel Strike > Battering Assault (Weak 2 dies) > Target Strong 1 > Deadly Saber > Rupture > Vicious Slash > Ravage > Force Choke

Edited by OniGanon