Community Blog: Ilum PvP issues

CourtneyWoods

Love that even ban might be the case here for people exploiting it!!!!

anyways another thing

"We take any sort of situation where one group of players gains an unexpected or unintended advantage over other players very seriously and will act to ensure that all players can have a fair and fun game experience."

I Demand instant rollback on all Empire people for exploiting ilum on The Ravager! :D why? well they are around 10empire to 1republic And at the same time they still get all the good buffs... why wouldnt you give the underdogs the advantage? thats just stupid... its impossible for us to cap anything when the amount of people we have on ilum is around the same amount they have at each base/checkpoint + some extra... they should really look into that..

basicly how the game work, its about outnumbering the other faction, skill matters nothing. and on most servers empire is heavy outnumbering republi.

Edited by zipain

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"After Game Update 1.1 went live, we discovered that the Open World PvP area on Ilum was not working as our PvP design team intended."

With most servers dominated by one faction, how exactly was open world pvp on Llum suppose to play out?

I still don't understand why players who are zerging in massive ops groups are getting full valor awards. To me it doesnt make any sense, that if a player is hit by multiple targets that those people are getting full valor awards. It should be getting chopped up amongst the people who are hitting the target.

If 1 person gets hit by 10 people, instead of 10 people getting a full valor award it should be the valor award divided by 10. That means when 1 target gets Zerged down by 20 people those people should only be getting 1 to 5 points of valor not a full award. The system as is heavily favors massive ops roaming around and rolling people with numbers.

Its also the main reason why we are still seeing hordes of imperial camping republic base just sitting there aoe. Why wouldn't the imperial faction just sit at the base and farm thousands of valor for doing essentially nothing. Yes, the factions are imbalanced, but the system is broken, and needs to be adjusted. We wouldn't see base camping if the rewards weren't there.

Why are people being ridiculous and demanding rollbacks and bans for people? This is 100% Bioware's mistake. People can still base camp like they were before the patch. The thing is, they made camping a viable option by increases the amount of valor earned. No one should be punished except the devs who allowed this to happen.

Why are people being ridiculous and demanding rollbacks and bans for people? This is 100% Bioware's mistake. People can still base camp like they were before the patch. The thing is, they made camping a viable option by increases the amount of valor earned. No one should be punished except the devs who allowed this to happen.

Id like to see you camp anything now with the new 1shot 1kill towers that cant take damage anymore..

It was obviously a exploit, the towers werent supposed to get destroyed but people destroyed em and camped the GY at a place that gives you benefits.

No that is bug exploit and should be handed with bans/rollbacks etc.

Id like to see you camp anything now with the new 1shot 1kill towers that cant take damage anymore..

It was obviously a exploit, the towers werent supposed to get destroyed but people destroyed em and camped the GY at a place that gives you benefits.

No that is bug exploit and should be handed with bans/rollbacks etc.

Wrong. You can still camp the exit points of the home base. So you can still do the "exploit" that you people are complaining about. Prior to the patch you could have left your base. Nothing was fixed. They just moved the campzone 10 feet.

I would turn this around, the only ones crying for punishments to be dished out are those that feel they got "exploited".

Haha, you could try, but you would fail. I wasn't even on the game the day this happened. My only Republic character is level 13.

If people had a sense of ethics, then they wouldn't have cheated. Apparently you're one of the cheaters?

BioWare finds it easier to punish players than to own up to their own botched design.

If the game allowed me to camp my enemies and get valor for it, then I will, because as far as I know it's "working as intended."

Does it suck? Yea, but it also sucked when I was level 20 fighting against level 50s. That sucked, but it was "working as intended," so why am I to assume one advantage is unfair when another advantage is intended?

Dumb BioWare, dumb.

Haha, you could try, but you would fail. I wasn't even on the game the day this happened. My only Republic character is level 13.

If people had a sense of ethics, then they wouldn't have cheated. Apparently you're one of the cheaters?

Here's the thing. It isn't cheating. It is playing the game to the best of one's ability. The mechanic was put into place by Bioware, it was a tested mechanic. But apparently they don't listen to the test server feedback. So it is 100% Bioware's fault. Meaning that no players should be punished for Bioware ignoring obvious feedback.

Here's the thing. It isn't cheating. It is playing the game to the best of one's ability. The mechanic was put into place by Bioware, it was a tested mechanic. But apparently they don't listen to the test server feedback. So it is 100% Bioware's fault. Meaning that no players should be punished for Bioware ignoring obvious feedback.

Keep telling yourself that when you become banned permanently from the game.

Totally, and the fact that BioWare has the nerve to try to punish the players just makes me spit on this company.

I don't even have a 50, and even I can see the ******** of their press release.

What the press release should have said was:

"Sorry guys, we F'ed up AGAIN. We'll put a hotfix in as soon as possible."

At least it'd be honest.

No one is getting banned for anything, only nolife kids tell themselves that so they can sleep soundly at night.

I told some guy in general he had ***** on his face, and he said "enjoy the ban."

Oh yea, I'm still here, so how's that *****?

You cannot be serious. There was literally no exploit. Anyone who calls this an exploit is a moron. You can kill turrets throughout the game world. People just decided to kill the opposite factions turrets. They PvPed and you want people to be punished for it? That is laughable. Because no player did anything wrong. So please sir. Take a seat and think about what you say before you spew out trash. Thanks.

Totally, and the fact that BioWare has the nerve to try to punish the players just makes me spit on this company.

I don't even have a 50, and even I can see the ******** of their press release.

What the press release should have said was:

"Sorry guys, we F'ed up AGAIN. We'll put a hotfix in as soon as possible."

At least it'd be honest.

Here is the thing. This game has so much promise. I have played countless MMOs in the past couple of years. The reason why I have played so many in such a short amount of time. was because they all failed. APB, DCU, AOC, CO, Star Trek. they all failed. This game I don't get a sense that it will fail like the others. People just need to calm down and let them workout the bugs. And they need to own up to their mistakes. If they don't do that this game will fail from a PR point and that is the stupidest way for a game to fail.

BioWare finds it easier to punish players than to own up to their own botched design.

If the game allowed me to camp my enemies and get valor for it, then I will, because as far as I know it's "working as intended."

Does it suck? Yea, but it also sucked when I was level 20 fighting against level 50s. That sucked, but it was "working as intended," so why am I to assume one advantage is unfair when another advantage is intended?

Dumb BioWare, dumb.

And to Ike

I definitely can see where you guys are coming from. However, I'm not entirely sure that you would see camping a spawn point with 10 others and endlessly killing Rep's one at a time as "working as intended". Especially since it only became doable immediately after a patch.

Maybe I retract my "delete the character's statement." Maybe. But a rollback to before the exploiting took place is definitely not an unfair slight against those who took advantage of the temporary glitch in the system.

The bonus valor points that were earned because of the exploit are now an unfair bonus compared others that didn't take advantage of the "misunderstanding" (that you claim it is). If you look at it that way. I say this not because I'm disappointed I was not there to unfairly slay the Republic characters one after another with you, but because some people had a temporary unfair advantage over the other team.

TL;DR = Even though I play Imperial side, and can see where you are coming from. I find it hard to believe that camping a spawn point to where the Republic players have no chance at fighting back whatsoever could ever be construed as the game "working as intended".

Edited by Pridain

However, I'm not entirely sure that you would see camping a spawn point with 10 others and endlessly killing Rep's one at a time as "working as intended". Especially since it only became doable immediately after a patch.

GENERALLY I'd agree, but this game breaks every rule of PVP I've ever known, so I'm not sure what is considered working as intended or truly broken.

Who'd of thought that putting level 50s in pvp gear with full talents and experience playing vs level 10s would have been a good idea... but they did...

Edited by Paralassa
content

And to Ike

I definitely can see where you guys are coming from. However, I'm not entirely sure that you would see camping a spawn point with 10 others and endlessly killing Rep's one at a time as "working as intended". Especially since it only became doable immediately after a patch.

Maybe I retract my "delete the character's statement." Maybe. But a rollback to before the exploiting took place is definitely not an unfair slight against those who took advantage of the temporary glitch in the system.

The bonus valor points that were earned because of the exploit are now an unfair bonus compared others that didn't take advantage of the "misunderstanding" (that you claim it is). If you look at it that way. I say this not because I'm disappointed I was not there to unfairly slay the Republic characters one after another with you, but because some people had a temporary unfair advantage over the other team.

TL;DR = Even though I play Imperial side, and can see where you are coming from. I find it hard to believe that camping a spawn point to where the Republic players have no chance at fighting back whatsoever is the game "working as intended".

I only gained 3 levels doing it. 48-51. Then I got super board, but you can't really say it is an exploit. The reason it isn't an exploit is because since launch those turrets have been able to be destroyed. So it's not like the patch made the turrets break. The turrets were working as intended. Bioware came out and said that they were not suppose to be able to be destroyed, but that is not what the game shows. Because like I said. We could destroy them before the patch.

The meat of what I am getting at here is this. Turrets were not broken, they just were not strong enough. Its not the players fault for the servers being so heavily biased. Lastly, no one deserves to be punished, because the players were playing a game that they paid a bulk fee for and a monthly fee. We are paying them for permission to continually test their game. That is essentially what we are, testers. So why should testers be punished for testing a game.

I'm not mad at anyone here. I just want people to see the light.

Lol what the hell is an X-box generation. I've been around the internet for a while and I've never heard of this.

You know, those kids who run around on X-box games without team work, shooting eachother in the back, and yelling OWNED U over voice to eachother -- those kids.

Typical X-box generation kids have little to no patience, most of them have the BS disorder "ADD" or "ADHD" and their parents don't discipline them for anything or make them get outside and be social and get excersize - hence school shootings, suicides, and the like.

GENERALLY I'd agree, but this game breaks every rule of PVP I've ever known, so I'm not sure what is considered working as intended or truly broken.

Who'd of thought that putting level 50s in pvp gear with full talents and experience playing vs level 10s would have been a good idea... but they did...

There are quite a few things broken about PvP. My biggest thing about PvP in the game is the resolve meter. It doesn't seem to function properly.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote