Update.. finally..

Ratham

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. As much as I hate all of this forum drama, I was disappointed that no action had been taken against these abuses. Like many people, I came home from work to find every noob on my server to have Centurion/Champion.

I applaud Bioware for this, my faith has been restored.

Jeff Hickman - see, this name is a problem because he took care of Warhammer Online and we all know how THAT went.

Hate to say it but I feel that with this short cut-taking yes man at the helm of anything to do with PvP only trouble can lay ahead.

What a joke. They don't have the manpower or the coding proficiency to enact the plan they've proposed.

I said that I would unsub without a rollback, and now I have.

... anyone and everyone who is found to have exploited the situation to an unreasonable degree will be investigated and actions taken as needed.

Learn to read.

Exactly. This is a play to try to extinguish the rollback fire on the forums. They have certain amount of GMs "balanced" for doing the normal day to day support. Now they're gonna individually investigate hundreds of thousands of players? Sure. Maybe they'll do the few worst offenders by sorting by most valor gained, but this is an empty gesture and this announcement is nearly indistinguishable from a flat out lie. Thanks BioWare for your empty PR statements im sure they'll fix your game.

Learn to read.

Learn to think. They decide for themselves what "an unreasonable degree" means. They don't have the manpower to correct the amount of valor gain that the players consider unreasonable.

Edited by Rhym

Exactly. This is a play to try to extinguish the rollback fire on the forums. They have certain amount of GMs "balanced" for doing the normal day to day support. Now they're gonna individually investigate hundreds of thousands of players? Sure. Maybe they'll do the few worst offenders by sorting by most valor gained, but this is an empty gesture and this announcement is nearly indistinguishable from a flat out lie. Thanks BioWare for your empty PR statements im sure they'll fix your game.

I find it funny this game is following Warhammer's exact path.

>Piss people off

>Fix nothing

>Respond to nothing

>Sell vanity pets

I honesty loled at this:

"Our team worked diligently to get a patch ready to address this and other issues, and we're already seeing the results in improved battles on Ilum. As always we welcome your feedback and will continue to improve moving forward!"

Must be fun living in denial...

Learn to read.

I did read. I read very carefully. I also have more than a year of playing this game under these devs to draw conclusions from.

MILLIONS of people play this game. If only 10% of them are 50, that's more than 200,000 accounts to review.

Have you ever submitted a bug report? A request for CS help? The response can take days, and is nearly always answered with a form letter saying they have forwarded your issue to some other team. I.E.: No real resolution.

The warzone daily quest not updating for wins? That bug existed in beta NINE MONTHS AGO. It's still not working.

This mistake REQUIRES a rollback. It is the ONLY viable solution. Anything else spits on the players that gained their value legitimately.

Edited by StefenEQ

I did read. I read very carefully. I also have more than a year of playing this game under these devs to draw conclusions from.

MILLIONS of people play this game. If only 10% of them are 50, that's more than 200,000 accounts to review.

Have you ever submitted a bug report? A request for CS help? The response can take days, and is nearly always answered with a form letter saying they have forwarded your issue to some other team. I.E.: No real resolution.

The warzone daily quest not updating for wins? That bug existed in beta 9 months ago. It's still not working.

This mistake REQUIRES a rollback. It is the ONLY viable solution. Anything else spits on the players that gained their value legitimately.

I don't think it'll be too difficult to single out the level 50s who experienced massive valor rank gain in a short period of time. They do monitor those things. They'll look into it, take action, but they won't announce what they did or to whom. That's how it works. They did the same with the credit dupers. They investigated, banned where necessary, and went about their business.

And to the original post: How would the developers go about fixing population imbalance?

And the article was correct: There are more battles in Ilum now. Before the patch everyone just traded points and left, there was little or no PvP to be had. Now people are fighting.