Swtor already dying?

Diaboligue

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be the tenth time or so, but:

NO. The creator of this graphs has personally said that they cannot be interpreted this way.

They just read out the server population as in STANDARD or HEAVY, not the actual number of players. That the playtime will diversify after holidays and the first rush is only natural.

Edited by Hiramas

You mean people play a game less when they're working vs on holiday?

People play a game less when they're in class vs on holiday?

People play a game less when it's a month or two old vs right after it comes out?

More news at 11.

http://www.swtorarena.com/topic/210-swtor-statistics-tool-faq/

Can I make guesses on overall subscription count based on these graphs?

No you shouldn't be relying on them to make so guesses. These graph purely relies on instantaneous server population values provided by Bioware, nothing more.

What does overall graphs represent?

These graph aggregates all instantaneous server population values.

So a value of 800 (in y-axis) with a total number of 215 serves means; 800 / 215 = 3.7 ( ~ heavy population)

A value of 600 (in y-axis) with a total number of 215 servers means; 600 / 215 = 2.7 ( ~ standard population)

We can make this assumptions on averages;

We all know what what we make when we assume things...

I'll bet you will be saying the same sentence until it's summer. That line is getting old.

It's also true, the amount of time I've spent in game has plummeted since I went back to work after my Christmas holiday break. Over Christmas I was on every day for four or five hours a day. Since going back to work I'm on two or three days a week for two to three hours a day. I doubt I'm unique in this.

Edited by HELhikari

People play a game less when it's a month or two old vs right after it comes out?

More news at 11.

I guess you missed all the threads claiming after the free month "all the trolls will be gone" right?

As a former employee of a company that has released a lot of pay to play games I can tell you that the expected drop off after the free month is 30% of people that bought the game will not sub. This is the industry average (well it was when I was still doing online gaming)

The goal of all pay to play games is to limited this drop off and to increase subs month to month.

This is a really good game (that has bugs and issues that need to be addressed) but I do not expect that the drop off will be more than 30% and if they can show a commitment to fixing the issues I expect a lot of new players will come on board as well as old players coming back.

I for one hope that BioWare does pull it off cause this is good game that can be great.

Edited by Slowne

More news at 11.

I wonder how long this excuse will hold up. :rolleyes:

I wonder how long this excuse will hold up. :rolleyes:

It's not an excuse. I know I fall into that reasoning. I had 2 weeks off at Christmas and played literally almost all day every day and a ton on the weekends.

Now I have, you know, responsibilities. A job on top of being a part time masters student. I play like 2 days a week at best, and even then it's less than 3 hours.

It only makes sense that less players will be playing the game after its first month, due to players getting a feel for the game. Many are probably brought into the game by friends claiming certain things about the game, the first month serves as a good demo of the game. However we won't know for certain until numbers are increased about the actual data.

The game is not dying and has a lot of support right now from both the sales, players and BioWare themselves. They are already fixing most of the issues that have plagued the game since Day 1, so it's only a matter of time before all these glitches are squashed.

In the meantime, all we can do is just enjoy the game. It's pointless to be worrying about the fate of a game when the game is still up and running right now. That's like if I got a soda from the soda machine and I refuse to finish the whole thing because I don't want all the soda to be gone.

Well guess what? As long as there is enough of the same soda to go around, there is nothing to worry about.

I guess you missed all the threads claiming after the free month "all the trolls will be gone" right?

We know the trolls will never be gone.

They have no life, living in their mommy & daddy's basement, and must have attention of any kind.

They play SW:TOR for an hour, get mad that no one will group with their sorry butts, then come here to gripe about how its the game's fault that they have less social skills than amoeba, or that the limits of their intellect cannot grasp the divine concepts of the game "Preferences".

No, it's not dying. Stop asking. Personally, I played anywhere from 4 - 8 hours a day during Christmas break. Now that my 17 credits are in full swing (with 3 labs) I'm a bit busy, and I don't even log on every day. Still love the game.

Stop posting this crap.

I see just as many players on Corellia tonight as I did the other Friday nights so I'm glad very few left instead of the mass exodus that some anticipated. The fleet is no different too.

SWTOR is thankfully here to stay!

Edited by Battlequest

On monday, even as Imperial it's impossible to find a group for any flashpoint but regular Black Talon, and HM's.

There really needs to be some kind of dungeon tool. I sat in the imperial fleet for hours looking for groups and didn't find a damn thing. I can't imagine the pain and suffering that is on republic side.

I just don't think it's worth paying $15 dollars for. Thats the main reason I left. Game just doesn't feel worth paying AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. I already paid for the game, if you want me to keep paying convince me to.

well on my server population drop is noticable , less players every week to get flashpoints or hc4's on alts even, wont be long before they do server merges then were good but we probaly lose about 40 % of servers then

On my server, I'm having the exact opposite problem. I'm starting to face noticably larger #s competing for mobs as I quest.

I'm in my early 30s on Darth Bandon, Republic side.