Players Leaving Warzones

Taklinn

It doesn't take a game design genius to understand why you need a penalty for leaving a game early. I have now joined six consecutive games where the outcome was already decided because other players left the game. They **** the bed, they should have to lie in it. There is zero accountability with the current system and that is flawed.

Well with the imbalance issues,expertise issues ect. Who wouldnt leave a warzone ? Hmm 10 seconds into the game i see a full premade with champinon/battlemaster gear just ripping my team apart, should i stay? What for i cant kill anything im just letting them farm off of me.

I joined war zone last night : 6 consecutive Huttball, and we have the full 8 people in only 1 game. The rest does not even start with 8 people : most start with 6, a few starts off with the 120 second warning right out of the box.

Then more people will pop in, see the situation, and leave.

The otherside will win 6 : 0, but because it's bugged, they don't get the win registered toward their quest.

Well with the imbalance issues,expertise issues ect. Who wouldnt leave a warzone ? Hmm 10 seconds into the game i see a full premade with champinon/battlemaster gear just ripping my team apart, should i stay? What for i cant kill anything im just letting them farm off of me.

This. I'm not staying in a PUG when I'm up against 4+ other people in a premade on vent. IF they allowed you to chose your WZ AND there were no premades, penalty for leaving would be fine.

It doesn't take a game design genius to understand why you need a penalty for leaving a game early. I have now joined six consecutive games where the outcome was already decided because other players left the game. They **** the bed, they should have to lie in it. There is zero accountability with the current system and that is flawed.

I'll tell you what they say in every online multiplayer game, because they all have leavers. Group up with friends if you don't want leavers. It's dumb, it sucks, and it really is the only solution, because peoples time will always be more valuable to them then playing a game which you know you will lose.

Or they could address unbalanced teams. No, wait, that never happens. Yeah, looks like you're going to have to group up.:(

Said it before and I will again. They should have made warzones themselves cross sever. Toss a (Servername) tag after or below the characters name.

THEN they could have made it so that if you queue while you are in a premade you get only matched against others who did a premade. If you queue solo you only get into a solo queue warzone.

This would not work well with the current warzone system. But if it was a single pool from all servers it would work much better.

People will always take the quickest fastest route to whatever goal they are trying to achieve. Why stay in 15-20 min WZ loss, when you can just leave and try again at no penalty?

I would love to see a penalty for leaving, I love trying to make a comeback, or even just playing a great turtle defense when you know youre going to lose. However the way the warzones are setup right now, they just arent conducive to fighting for a comeback.

It is quicker, faster, and more efficient timewise to leave and try and get a better wz.

Im also somewhat iffy on PreMades vs Random Pugs. I would like to see some system that tried to match premades vs premades and randoms vs randoms....but without getting big increases in queue times I dont know if thats viable.

the way i see is, if you get stuffed into a warzone with il-motivated people with ZERO interest in even trying to effectively achieve a goal and you spend your time trying to push your team to even TRY to play and its welcomed with them antagonizing and berating you for trying to have an enjoyable warzone experience; then i feel that you should be able to leave with ZERO penalty.

I honestly cant blame anybody for wanting to leave a group of people who bring down their experience because of their lack of initiative... Its a warzone where team play is forced on you, and if randoms choose to not be a team intentionally i don't fault the system.

Sometimes people leave games for real reasons, not everyone leaves games cause they suck like you seem to think. And also If I join a game and were getting stomped why would i stay? So i can have less fun and get less WZ points? No thanks.

The only reason I would like to see some sort of "time out" for people who leave WZ's is because I hate going into one that has already started. It has been happening more and more frequently these last few days and it is annoying.

I do not care what excuse you come up with, leaving a war-zone and not seeing it through win or lose is what losers and people with entitlement issues do and will continue to do as they make up new excuses for doing it. They should not be rewarded for this behavior and others shouldn't have to suffer because of it. I cannot tell you how many round 2 Voidstars I have been forced to play out the past few days.

Have fun ;)!

I don't notice a huge difference in valor or commendations winning or losing...that is all about the medals. Some losing matches I get more than I do for winning. Maybe that part needs to change, the only place I see a loss really affecting me is the exp gain, which at 50 I don't care about. But at 50 I care about the wins to finish my daily. and with the mission being bugged so I actually have to win like 6 games a night instead of 3 is what I hate. As much as I hate to "reward losers" I'm on the fence with the suggestion to change the daily to just "participate in 3 warzones" instead of win 3 warzones....I think that might help but at the same time give no real reason to even try and win.

But I tell you this, once my daily is done I seem to enjoy myself much more...because it doesn't matter really, and as I said before, I get the same valor and commendations anyway.

I joined war zone last night : 6 consecutive Huttball, and we have the full 8 people in only 1 game. The rest does not even start with 8 people : most start with 6, a few starts off with the 120 second warning right out of the box.

Then more people will pop in, see the situation, and leave.

The otherside will win 6 : 0, but because it's bugged, they don't get the win registered toward their quest.

^^^ if my team starts with less than 8 I leave.

If I join a game of a bads getting stomped by competent players, I gonna take the ez way out for sure.

The problem is that then you proceed to stick a player who has just queued into your ****ed up game in addition to giving the other team a power play. So you should be penalized for *********** over someone else with a 45 minute timeout or something.

stick it out, and when you win, you quest dont even get updated.... bio must laughing at us

Since 1.1 my guild dont even talk in vent.... Dont talk negitive, becouse they made a website put loads of effort into it . for what.. bug

Fpoints HM not many can even join them why. ? some people say do them on normal mode.

what ? done them

I don't like PvP so I just use it for a free port back to the Fleet. If you AFK out in the starter area, you are ported back to the fleet, not back to where you joined.

This is probably happening a lot. I don't have a security key so I can't buy fleet passes and the one included in the game only works once a day.

I hate loading screens so it's easier just to join a WZ and get a free port!

This. I'm not staying in a PUG when I'm up against 4+ other people in a premade on vent. IF they allowed you to chose your WZ AND there were no premades, penalty for leaving would be fine.

Translation:

I want to PvP, but only if I can win, and I don't need to put forth effort.

WZs need a lockout timer.

If someone "drops" because they think other team is stronger/or they are about to lose, lock them out for 15 mins, if they continue in concurrent WZs to "drop" the next one is 30 mins. Increasing every 15 mins until they actually stay in for a whole match.

Am sick of joining halfdone WZs because someone thought "oh ill drop and requeue".

Posted this in other thread as well.

People cry about people leaving.

They cry about people lurking in a corner out of the fight.

They cry when players give up on objectives and just farm kills instead.

What option does that leave? Players all throwing themselves into a meat grinder pretending they still believe they're going to kill that ball carrier one of these lives?

Really, out of all of the options available, the last one is the most ridiculous. Sometimes you're just beat, there can be no doubt, you know it, your team knows it, and there's just no use in pretending otherwise. Unless of course you just like feeding the other side and giving them incentive to farm the full timer.

Facing the same pre made for the 10th time in a row makes the outcome predictable and the whole point of a competitive game is that the outcome is undecided and that either side stands a fair chance at winning.

You fix this problem with proper match making and not allowing pug vs pre made. Also enforcing class balance, so not a balanced Emp team versus 4 sages and 6 commandos (like every Rep game).

Edited by Scalare

I understand a the premade term and it usually fills all slots in a PvP match, but isn't it only FOUR players? That's half premade, it's more of a prmde if you will, unless they have 2 groups queue at the same time and hope they get on the same team, which on an unbalanced server could happen. Or am I missing something and when did 4 players become a premade? I say Bollox or however you spell it, like the brits always say.