Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Your Assistance Needed: Lag/Frame Rate Drop in PVP Warzones

FashionBug

Hi all,

I play on Heddar Soongh or however it is spelled. I play a lvl 50 Sith Assasin. I am an avid PVP player and really enjoy that part of the game. It is all I really want to do. However, when i enter warzones, my frame rate drops dramatically and i experience a heavy amount of lag.

It can't be my graphics card because I literally installed a brand new one yesterday (Ev3A 500 series) and it runs the game on ultra high settings perfectly outside of warzones. When I enter warzones, i am still experiencing heavy amounts of lag and low fps.

Is anyone having a similar issue in warzones? I am trying to isolate the problem. Is it my computer or is it the game client/server?

Any suggestions/advice/thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I play on Heddar Soongh or however it is spelled. I play a lvl 50 Sith Assasin. I am an avid PVP player and really enjoy that part of the game. It is all I really want to do. However, when i enter warzones, my frame rate drops dramatically and i experience a heavy amount of lag.

It can't be my graphics card because I literally installed a brand new one yesterday (Ev3A 500 series) and it runs the game on ultra high settings perfectly outside of warzones. When I enter warzones, i am still experiencing heavy amounts of lag and low fps.

Is anyone having a similar issue in warzones? I am trying to isolate the problem. Is it my computer or is it the game client/server?

Any suggestions/advice/thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm using a 2gig Radeon 8750 with no issues, High Settings on everything. But I have heard of some people having issues with Warzones. What are the rest of the specs of your computer? Are you set up wirelessly?

Edited by alement

Thanks for the response, gents. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 64 Bit

System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor (3CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Direct X Version: DirectX 11

Is this what you need?

Thanks!

Thanks for the response, gents. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 64 Bit

System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor (3CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Direct X Version: DirectX 11

Is this what you need?

Thanks!

Yeah, and I don't see why you would be having any issues. I doubt it's a CPU issue. If you have loose cash sitting around, and thats an AM3 socket, it may be worth trying the Phenom X4 out, but I don't think that will be a big deal.

I would put in a ticket to customer support. maybe they have a debug and log they can have you run.

Yeah, and I don't see why you would be having any issues. I doubt it's a CPU issue. If you have loose cash sitting around, and thats an AM3 socket, it may be worth trying the Phenom X4 out, but I don't think that will be a big deal.

I would put in a ticket to customer support. maybe they have a debug and log they can have you run.

Yes! I have the same frickin' issue! I don't register as having any latency it's just that the animations are all slow and laggy...

I noticed last night a lot of lag in warzones, even though my latency was fine. The animation would lag behind really bad. All this is after patch 1.1, and yesterday's hotifx. I've heard other players say it is bugs.

Warzones were always quite smooth and playable (with exception to the Ability Stuttering that Jedi Sentinels uniquely experience). After 1.1, that combined with general lagginess/slowness in Warzones has made playing my Jedi Sentinel an exercise in frustration. I never know if or when my abilities are actually going to work.

Yes! I have the same frickin' issue! I don't register as having any latency it's just that the animations are all slow and laggy...

Okay thanks. I contacted them a week ago, but they sort of just gave me a lame answer. I'm going to open another.

It's very frustrating. It's almost to the point where I may consider not playing anymore if I can't enjoy the PVP.

Thanks for your help.

Same problems, they're unplayable for me, FPS doesn't drop tho, it's just super laggy. Yet anywhere else the game runs flawlessly on high. Last night I even tried putting everything to low which I knew wouldn't help anyway because it's a server lag issue, but couldn't hurt to try. I have a 560, quad core, 8 gigs...etc. Ping is fine, 4 bars. Anytime combat starts in PvP (even outside warzones tho it's not as severe) I can literally feel a clunk and it instantly becomes unresponsive.

Bad servers are bad.

Edited by Divine-Shadow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.