The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So the game isnt dead.

Halofax

Cool memory, you're wrong. If you couldn't login for the first month, it was your fault, not theirs. My guild since launch until now has over 200+ active members, none of which seem to remember not being able to login for a month. Typical fanboy trying to bash WoW

I don't recall not being able to play for a month either but WoW had a good bit of issues. Crashes, nasty lag, etc for more then just a few days. The loot bug to where you'd go to loot certain things and you'd get stuck in the looting position, the only way out of it was to re-log.

So WoW had it's fair share of problems, funny how it had some nasty problems and people seemed over-all ok with it. Other games could have less issues and people go off the deep end over it. I recall telling friends and family that was playing WoW "If this was any other mmo having these type of problems, people would be leaving it left and right!"

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the game.....but I would like them to add ewoks so that I can kill them.

Best thing I have read today on the internet.

Also I approve. I have killed countless wookies, countless tauntauns, 5 hutts, countless jawas, but no ewoks. I demand killable ewoks.

Edited by Urgas

The biggest flaw is the increase in population cap per server.

Say at launch, HEAVY was 2000 players.

Now, say that server had 2200 players on it. That site would report it as "HEAVY", give it a 3 (I think) and put it in it's formula.

But let's say the cap rises, and now the HEAVY cap is 2500.

That server is now "STANDARD". Heck, it could GAIN players, but the overall average of the servers would be lower without the population moving even an inch.

As we've heard, the population caps on most, if not all servers were increased, so from launch, of course the aggregate is going to go down, because inherently, with the cap increase, not all servers kept their Population Designation, even though the poplulation could have stayed the same/even increased.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great site. I just wish people would stop misusing the information.

When you can only display 5 possible options over a gigantic graph, it makes the drop from option 4 to option 3 look bigger than it is.

Huh? Yes, i actually played WOW since Vanilla.

Money is not useless either. Either having hundreds of gems, ore, enchanting mats, etc go worthless or get gold for them.

Sounds like you didn't play.

Mithril ore is at an all time high right now. Should of kept it.

I even made good points, its hardly trolling. You're a fanboy of this game who sits here bashing WoW because you're intimidated by it for whatever reason. QUOTE]

I think people just do not care about that game at all, this is STAR WARS and we are here because that is the game we are playing. Not some garbage i havent cared about in 5 years.

It isnt intimidation its boredom of a tired topic which is what wow is. If i wanted to read about wow i would be playing that game and in those forums.

Is someone with stage 4 cancer dead?

Define dead?

I believe your referring to a terminal patient.

Pretty sick comparison.

And yes the game is terminal... Every game is. Just some will have a longer expectancy rate than others.

Cool memory, you're wrong. If you couldn't login for the first month, it was your fault, not theirs. My guild since launch until now has over 200+ active members, none of which seem to remember not being able to login for a month. Typical fanboy trying to bash WoW

Maybe maybe not. The reason I stopped playing WoW was after one of the patches I suddenly got crazy latency during the week. Weekend hits I'm fine again. So it's not my PC. My ISP said they didn't do anything and I know other people who have the same ISP who didn't have the problem but others with different ISPs have it. Sometimes you just get the short end.

The biggest flaw is the increase in population cap per server.

Say at launch, HEAVY was 2000 players.

Now, say that server had 2200 players on it. That site would report it as "HEAVY", give it a 3 (I think) and put it in it's formula.

But let's say the cap rises, and now the HEAVY cap is 2500.

That server is now "STANDARD". Heck, it could GAIN players, but the overall average of the servers would be lower without the population moving even an inch.

As we've heard, the population caps on most, if not all servers were increased, so from launch, of course the aggregate is going to go down, because inherently, with the cap increase, not all servers kept their Population Designation, even though the poplulation could have stayed the same/even increased.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great site. I just wish people would stop misusing the information.

I agree, I work in IT, and if you have all your user community focused in one specific webserver then you will burn, so you generally limit your servers and get a balance. now as the load in a game natually balances as people move through the game, you can increase the overall load, as it has a better spread.

think of it as like Burger king, and there is a queue to get in, they all rush to the food tills, and that blocks up, but if you let in people gradually, and let them filter through burger king holds more, and the queues are all outside stopping the tills from crashing.

I think people just do not care about that game at all, this is STAR WARS and we are here because that is the game we are playing. Not some garbage i havent cared about in 5 years.

It isnt intimidation its boredom of a tired topic which is what wow is. If i wanted to read about wow i would be playing that game and in those forums.

Nice quote job buddy. Anyway, I was talking about issues with this game and the topic turned into WoW out of nowhere. Then all of the "I hate popular stuff" people come out and start bashing it for whatever reason. You say you think people don't care about that game at all, yet the fanboys of this game bring up WoW more than anyone it seems.

Edited by AmandaBynes

Nice quote job buddy. Anyway, I was talking about issues with this game and the topic turned into WoW out of nowhere. Then all of the "I hate popular stuff" people come out and start bashing it for whatever reason. You say you think people don't care about that game at all, yet the fanboys of this game bring up WoW more than anyone it seems.

You still havent made a post that isnt about WoW yet.

I agree. But a loud minority trying to improve the game.

You know the difference? People on the forum will tell you why they'll be quitting months down the road. People on the server will just quietly quit and leave you wondering what you did wrong.

Personally, as someone running a business, if I had to choose one I would always go with former rather than latter. Knowing what you did wrong is the only way you can fix it.

Wait... THAT'S how they intend to improve something? With those kind of posts? I'm afraid to see how they improve their relationships.

Customers have every right to complain.

/thread.

Trolololol... I presume your motto is how this conversation was brought about.

Who are you as an individual to declare a multi-million dollar game is 'dead'?

Perhaps a few of your friends (if you have any... snap) may agree with you, but you make up about 0.0001% of the player-base. Go away miscreant. Nobody wants you here.

yah putting down a quote error shows you are the mature one here clearly....

Edited by TheHeadCapper