PA expouses on the hypocrisy of EA...

SoupyNuggs

A company is an amoral entity created for the sole purpose of making profit.

From EA to the smallest publisher. From Ben and Jerry's ice cream to McDonalds.

What does this mean?

Never trust a company.

Enjoy their products (I love most EA games) but always know that they'd kill your mother if they could get away with it and it would make them profit.

What does this mean?

Never trust a company.

Enjoy their products (I love most EA games) but always know that they'd kill your mother if they could get away with it and it would make them profit.

Indeed.

What does this mean?

Never trust a company.

Ben and Jerry's, not really. There was a reason why Jerry left the company, and then there was that whole 5 to 1 ratio thing.

Ben and Jerry's, not really. There was a reason why Jerry left the company, and then there was that whole 5 to 1 ratio thing.

Ben and/or Jerry may be very nice people.

But Ben and Jerry's, the company, is an amoral entity built to create profit.

Never forget that.

Even when a company does something very nice, the purpose was to make you buy more of their product, not to be nice.

Never forget that.

Even when a company does something very nice, the purpose was to make you buy more of their product, not to be nice.

^

^

^

^^ This over and over.

Never forget that.

This. A million times this...which is why, as much as I might enjoy a game (or other product), I will never be a fanboy for a company. I know they're in it for themselves, and me being benefited by their product is not a sign that the company loves anything more than my money.

and just because someone works at EA means they support SOPA as well? Believe me EA is far from the only big name in the ESA and EA is also easily one of the most pirated companies (anyone remember Spore? BF3 was also hugely pirated)

EA isn't going to drop out of the ESA just because some people are getting fanatical about a bill that almost definitely won't pass.

Plus EA is easy to pull the 'evil developer' card with (See also: Activision, Ubisoft)

Never forget that.

Depends on who is running it. Not sure what happened after 1990, but before that, that was not the mission of the company.

Social Mission -taken from a harvard case study

The goal was to introduce social change, but in order to do that they had to gain money. Money was the means, and social change was the end.

God forbid EA agrees with a bill against piracy...geniuses...

The bad one is PIPA, or so I think.

No, they're both horrendous, and it was proven with Federal Government taking down MegaUpload. To take down that site, they had to go and get warrants, indictments, etc, you know, due course legal stuff, SOPA and PIPA bypass all that and they can just shut it down, no questions asked at the mere hint of copyright theft. MegaUpload being taken down is going to bolster the anti-SOPA and PIPA movement as it proves that the current laws and regulations are effective and can take down sites that need to be taken down... and we don't need more loss of rights.

Depends on who is running it. Not sure what happened after 1990, but before that, that was not the mission of the company.

Social Mission -taken from a harvard case study

The goal was to introduce social change, but in order to do that they had to gain money. Money was the means, and social change was the end.

Their STATED goal was social change.

People lie more often than they tell the truth.

When a person opens their mouth, always assume a lie is about to come out. Treat whatever they say as a lie until it can be proven otherwise.

I understand that there are some steps concerning SOPA's policy that might be to harsh but....

A company is not allowed in any way to protect it's property even if that means to tighten up some law enforcements? :p

Only got one thing to say: Stay away from our products!

A company that doesn't make money doesn't give jobs, simple as that.

Though, there are always some people that are to greedy and take to much into their own pockets, something that doesn't make a company continue growing and gain even more success.

Some people care more about fast money than a lot of money for an entire lifetime, speculators being the worst of them.

But all this is politics and economics and has nothing to do with the game itself. :p

As for the OP, funny that they make one drawing concerning SOPA and another with 2 persons playing the game. :D

Edited by Mineria

A Corporation is an amoral entity created for the sole purpose of making profit.

What does this mean?

Never trust a Corporation.

Fixed that for you.

Yes there is a difference.

Yes you're right.

Edited by mightylawngnome

Their STATED goal was social change.

People lie more often than they tell the truth.

When a person opens their mouth, always assume a lie is about to come out. Treat whatever they say as a lie until it can be proven otherwise.

Ok, whatever. You win, all information is a lie. Seeing how is from a Harvard's case study that is about as trusted source you are going to get.

See I love Bioware because they have provided the illusion that they care about me. They give me good quality games when EA doesn't stomp on them, they have given me free stuff and killer memories.

But I know its just for profit. I know they aren't going to send me a condolence card when my father dies and frankly the company doesn't care. I'm sure if I showed up at the office and told them they would clap me on the back as individuals but as a whole the day rolls on more money is to be made.

I know the reality of our relationship. I give them money, they give me fun computer times. I love them for that in itself and I'll be sad if and when they close but I know where the line is.

So in short I don't 'Biodrone' because I don't know the above. I do it because I don't want the above to stop.

Bzzz Bzzz