XodoK

- Provide "recommended side" notification on server selection;

- Provide "recommended side" notification on character creation;

- Provide 20/30/50/100% (yes, up to 100%) bonus to outnumbered side for:

* EXP gain;

* Valor gain;

* WZ/Merc/Conq/Cent/BM Commendation gain;

* Drop rates of planetary/HM/Raid commendations;

Population problem will be solved very fast.

* EXP gain;

* Valor gain;

this actually might fix the population imbalance.

I agree with OP's recommendations.

However, I think there is another good way to incentivize players rolling Republic, that has been previously mentioned in the General Discussion Forum: exclusive alien playable species.

If you gave the Republic the option to play species like Togruta, Kel Dor, Nautolan, Cathar, etc., I can guarantee you more players will roll Republic. The best part is, it does not involve any change in actual game-play mechanics, in which there will no doubt always be at least some problems.

Boost XP on underdog faction so much, using a reusable consummable, that it is possible to level doing class quests alone. Hear me out.

First, it has to be a reusable consummable, to make it optional. Some people want a full experience. They are welcome to it. But someone rerolling a mirror class from Empire main does NOT want to repeat same things over and over. Hence the huge XP boost with a consummable.

Second, you don't really want someone ending up with max level char without any background to it. But leveling through class quests you get the whole story experience, minus boring and grindy side-quests many people skip anyway.

Do this, and I immediately reroll Republic. Without it, there's absolutely zero chance. It doesn't matter how much you buff valor or other things.

Just please do it QUICK. Tempus fugit.

A truly superb Idea man and would definitely work. Only problem I can see is the flack from the whingers once it was implemented.

I can definitely see the teeter-totter effect at first but over a short period of time populations should balance out evenly.

I still wouldn't play Republic. Why? They don't have Bounty Hunters.

The problem is that a majority of the playerbase wants to be Darth Vader and Boba Fett. Can't really blame them either.

youre right.

the best story line in the game so far, IMO, is the bounty hunter.

i rolled republic though, simply to "help" correct _some_ of the population imbalance.

The best way would be a 3rd faction but unless they add it without story it will never see the light. (edit) The 3rd faction could be unlocked with the legacy system for your alts.

I agree with OP's recommendations.

However, I think there is another good way to incentivize players rolling Republic, that has been previously mentioned in the General Discussion Forum: exclusive alien playable species.

If you gave the Republic the option to play species like Togruta, Kel Dor, Nautolan, Cathar, etc., I can guarantee you more players will roll Republic. The best part is, it does not involve any change in actual game-play mechanics, in which there will no doubt always be at least some problems.

Top that with *** Wookiees and things like shiny new space chassis, or things like recall timers lowered with the amount of population imbalance....

You can also top the AH with increased AH fees based on the population imbalance. Like to sustain the high population and its protection the emperor ordered to raise the fees heavily.

In fact make it so it's easier to live on less populated factions and observe the shift ;)

Thing is these balance will have to be adjusted nearly real time depending on the hourly medium logged amount of players.

Edited by Deewe

* EXP gain;

* Valor gain;

This should be for characters created during the 'bonus' timeframe. Otherwise you may just be giving some 50s a x2 valor weekend. Other than that, I believe this is the way to go. I know for a fact I'd be playing a Repub character all weekend if you announced this. And as you can tell by the legacy name, I'm usually Imp :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.