Hoodless Chest Options for Jedi Knights

Rishfee

• 2 weeks later...
Just as the title says.

When players were shown preview images of Jedi Knights, only one of them ever had a hood (the second-stage Jedi Sentinel in the Jedi Knight progression video). Guardians and Sentinels were almost always shown wearing robes that had the hood pulled back, and for the longest time, that's what we expected when we finally went to try and get those pieces of gear.

However, from the moment you leave Tython till you finish Act 3, near every single piece of gear, fully modable or not, has a hood on it. The only one I could ever find was the Aspiring Knight's Vest, a level 11 fully modable piece of Medium Armor.

While the reason for this change is something that doesn't really matter at this point (since this is what we're stuck with), I would like to request to the developers that more of the hoodless chest piece armor, that are already available in game to players on the Imperial side, be added to the Republic side so that Jedi Knight players can enjoy them as well (and taking modable gear from Troopers and Smugglers should not be an answer).

not to mention now I watch it again that his beard is not a customisation option either :( looks like its just early beta type release to taunt us and has no real following into the game :( annoying because I really hate the hood's they make us all look like clones .

I feel like synthweaving would be an excellent avenue to address this issue. A few modifiable hood down robes could be added without having to change itemization throughout the game or anything, just so we have SOMETHING to work with while we wait for a proper hood toggle.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have found one complete orange set which has hoodless heavy armour.

If you head to Coruscant spaceport and head to the Jedi Knight legacy vendor (just above the market area), you can buy a complete set of heavy armour without a hood.

The whole set is expensive (750K) but looks pretty snazzy.

Edited by llesna

Can the Imperials have all of your hooded robes?

which is sort of ironic. Hoods sorta SCREAM evil/shadowy to me. Yet all the "good guys" are practically forced to wear them... and the badguys can't.

• 1 month later...
which is sort of ironic. Hoods sorta SCREAM evil/shadowy to me. Yet all the "good guys" are practically forced to wear them... and the badguys can't.

Indeed. There does seem something backwards about this!

Race seem to be a factor no robe for my twi'lek knight has ever had a hood and I know for a fact that they do have hoods since i gave one of them to scourge and he walks around with the hood up. So looks like something my sith warrior should have :(.

Anyways its not like the hoodless version aren't in the game all the twi'leks are wearing them lol.