Dead server?

leetlazzy

My server Kinrath spider is pretty much dead on republic side. I never see more then 20-30 (it's not sharded) ppl in any of the leveling zones anymore. The main city never has over 100 republic in it. The most I've seen in the past few days was between 70-85ish.

Does BW plan to do anything about the servers population drop?

Hey,

I play imperial on Kinrath Spider and I've only ever seen ~180 max at imperial fleet. Generally our leveling zones have 30-200 people in each. So although there are more imperials on the server, I think that the server cap has a lot to do with ho many players you're seeing. That combined with the faction imbalance.

Our server during prime time is "FULL" yet there's never more than 2 shards present on any planet ever. (2 being rare)

My server Kinrath spider is pretty much dead on republic side. I never see more then 20-30 (it's not sharded) ppl in any of the leveling zones anymore. The main city never has over 100 republic in it. The most I've seen in the past few days was between 70-85ish.

I find it humerous the amount of posts/thread yesterday that went like this:

"If you don't like SWTOR and the "issues" just quit"

Today I find humerous the amount of posts/threads that went like this:

"What is being done to balance sides and/or servers"

Moral of the story:

Be careful of what you wish for.

Ironic MMORPG.com has a story on this exact issue.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/feature/6017/Coyotes-Howling-Be-Careful-What-You-Wish-For.html

A cross server LFD tool would go a very long way in staving off the need for server consolidations, which are very very bad for any game. Server consolidations are "blood in the water" for gaming press and haters. It's the biggest sign a game is in trouble. Edited by Umbral

I'm not sure how the server cap works. I'm not enjoying my lvling exp atm. It's extremely hard as a republic player to find groups for anything. This has been getting progressively worse this past week. My account runs out today I think i will resub one more month just to see how things pan out.

I would really like to see some official word on this from BW. I really don't want to play on a server that i can't enjoy the game on. I also really don't want to relvl.

I find it humerous the amount of posts/thread yesterday that went like this:

"If you don't like SWTOR and the "issues" just quit"

Today I find humerous the amount of posts/threads that went like this:

"What is being done to balance sides and/or servers"

Moral of the story:

Be careful of what you wish for.

Ironic MMORPG.com has a story on this exact issue.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/feature/6017/Coyotes-Howling-Be-Careful-What-You-Wish-For.html

I agree. I would point out bugs and such and all the fan boys would bombard me with "Go back to WoW" i think they got what they asked for unfortunately.

A cross server LFD tool would go a very long way in staving off the need for server consolidations, which are very very bad for any game. Server consolidations are "blood in the water" for gaming press and haters.

Or an indication that customers are not buying the product you are selling. You missed that, It must simply be the haters though. :confused:

Or an indication that customers are not buying the product you are selling. You missed that, It must simply be the haters though. :confused:
No that is another reason, you are correct, but it's a case where the "cure" is only addressing a symptom, and actually making the condition much worse.

Does anyone no exactly why empire is so much more packed then republic anyway? I would think people would be going nutty to play a jedi after the movies.

Nicer classes, nicer animations.

Compare Bounty Hunter and its mirror, the Trooper. Bounty Hunter has Death from Above - flies up using a jetpack and bombards people below with missiles. Looks cool as hell. Trooper fires a few shots from his launcher and a few explosions happen. Not nearly as cool.

Now take Sith Sorcerer and Jedi Sage. Sorcerer shoots lightning. Sage throws pebbles. Guess which one most people want to play?

Bioware did it all to themselves. And we TOLD them, in summer, during BETA, that t his was going to happen.

Does anyone no exactly why empire is so much more packed then republic anyway? I would think people would be going nutty to play a jedi after the movies.

It's because the empire side has all the female starting companions, and oh boy!, now they finally have a girlfriend! On the republic side you get a bunch of weird male companions and they'd have to wait a while for their girlfriend to show up.

But what you will see on the forums is how "cool" the Empire is . . . Yeah, right.

20-30? THAT'S CRAZY.

I've played a lot of games and do you know what? I'd be lucky to ever see anywhere near that amount of people in a leveling zone?

It's because the empire side has all the female starting companions, and oh boy!, now they finally have a girlfriend! On the republic side you get a bunch of weird male companions and they'd have to wait a while for their girlfriend to show up.

But what you will see on the forums is how "cool" the Empire is . . . Yeah, right.

lol. I got a male lizard and i think it's quite sexy.

Agreed I'm playing my main on 'The Courageous' server that went from 'Standard' to 'Light' a couple days ago and I'm currently on Aldeeran.

Max 12 people at a time in this planet. I'm.. no longer playing an MMO

Edited by CalvinDu

You have to remember your average SW consumer doesn't know Republic or Empire. They're going to go where the cooler classes are and most experienced MMO players are going to go where the most people play.

They do need to merge at least HALF the servers together. It's a double edged sword though. It makes for a better experience, but it's also the kiss of death and gives the consumer the impression the game is dying...and it might be.

Still even if they don't merge the people on the server do no the game is dying and will just quit. So why not merge and keep the players happy before they do quit because server is dead. Either way they are going to lose people.

Still even if they don't merge the people on the server do no the game is dying and will just quit. So why not merge and keep the players happy before they do quit because server is dead. Either way they are going to lose people.

At that point the game is dead and it no longer matters. It's one of the major issues with making the planets so damn big and the stupid sharding they did early on (glad that's gone) is the game feels dead even if it's packed...and perception is everything in an MMO. If people get the impression the game is dead or dying, the consumer will quit even if they like the game.

Edited by SDCowboy

At that point the game is dead and it no longer matters. It's one of the major issues with making the planets so damn big and the stupid sharding they did early on (glad that's gone) is the game feels dead even if it's packed...and perception is everything in an MMO. If people get the impression the game is dead or dying, the consumer will quit even if they like the game.

It's funny that we are even discussing this. Last week everyone was saying the game was fine and to go back to WoW. What happened? Fan boys did not help this games situation any at all.

Agreed I'm playing my main on 'The Courageous' server that went from 'Standard' to 'Light' a couple days ago and I'm currently on Aldeeran.

Max 12 people at a time in this planet. I'm.. no longer playing an MMO

wow you're lucky on my server The Razer 8 players on a planet 30 player at space station on republic

It's funny that we are even discussing this. Last week everyone was saying the game was fine and to go back to WoW. What happened? Fan boys did not help this games situation any at all.

I always love when idiots give the 'go back to WoW' crap. If that's the company's mindset, people will go back to WoW and this game really will be dead. I can assure everyone that EA's mentality is not 'go back to wow'.

Edited by SDCowboy

Now that the free month is over, I hope to see Bioware make some sort of announcement about their intentions for helping out server population.

I play on The Constant server, over the past week, it seems as if it's lost over half it's population, which was never high to begin with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.