Question about specific high level reverse engineering. (Synthweaving)

JTShadow

I have been trying to reverse engineer my level 49 blue Redoubt Carbon Fiber Chestplate (Synthweaving defensive heavy armor) and after 49 tries I have yet to recieve any recipes (I'm trying specifically for veracity, but i'd just be happy to see its working). Has anyone else been having difficulty like this? Isn't this a little excessive? I mean honestly, all anyone with orange modable armor has to do is be a cybertech and mod up the Guardian Armor Plating 22, which is a simple one step process and they're done, I have five different prefixes to sift through, aiming for a single one, and after 49 tries I come back empty handed, and even if I hit it on a 50th try it could be the wrong one, therefore possibly being 250+ tries (I'll concede and say it could be just 1 try aswell, but with having this horrible of luck I'd have to assume it might be broken)

Anyone have an opinion about this? Could it be broken? Is the descrepency between Synthweaving/Armortech and Cybertech a fair one? I wouldn't complain if it took me 50 tries to get the right recipe, though i'd still feel slightly cheated since I'd have to do it five more times for the other armor pieces whereas a cybertech only has to do it once, but to come out emptyhanded is disheartening.

All of the items above lvl 49 have extremely low chance of hitting purple schematics. I'm trying with a belt ever since I hit Synthweaving 400, made way over 200 blue redoubts wasting IMMERSE amount of money, time and resources and so far I haven't hit even a single purple schematic.

When I will hit one - I'm gonna stick to it regardless of what kind it'll be, than craft as long as it takes till making critical hit (which also is very low probability). And than rage-quit when belt from first HM flashpoint will be better.

:cool:

That's my plan.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

All of the items above lvl 49 have extremely low chance of hitting purple schematics. I'm trying with a belt ever since I hit Synthweaving 400, made way over 200 blue redoubts wasting IMMERSE amount of money, time and resources and so far I haven't hit even a single purple schematic.

I'd agree with you, but I've been talking to a lot of armortechs on my server who've been putting their purples up on the auctionhouse, and they've been saying its only taken them between 20-30 tries per item. My 49 pales in comparison to your 200+, so that would have me assume that something may be wrong with the level 49+ synthweaving recipes specifically.

i'm a Armstech, it really depends on luck. sometimes will take forever and i never get one but like last night i did like about 10 trieds i got 3 purple... is just really base on luck..

Umm this is exactly what I'm talking about, 3 purples in 10 tries with Armstech, thats more than reasonable. I've made 49+, another persons made 200+, it just kinda seems like the chance on synthweaving is kinda broken.

Lvl 49s are very hard to RE. Glad it's this way, but yes, it's very frustrating (I'm a 400 synthweaver too). Makes it all the more rewarding when you finally get it.

I would say it'd be rewarding too, but theres got to be a reasonable degree of success when doing this. Honestly, the guy that posted after me has made 200+ belts without a single purple!? I'm searching for Veracity specifically, each item takes up resources, most costly of which are the primeval artifact fragments and the ciridium. Each piece also takes 25 minutes to craft, being able to craft 5 at a time. Taking the belts for an example, thats 16.6 hours straight of crafting, having all 5 deployable pets out. 16.6 hours without getting a single purple, let alone the correct one is an astonishing amount of time. How many pure hours will it take to get the right one? Let alone during those 16 hours you can't send your people out to harvest more materials.

Thats a little overkill.

Synthweaver myself, been working at the lvl49 gear since lvl38 or so. Worked on the green schematics to turn them into Redoubt, being a tank. It was very time consuming, tedious and an insane money sink, one which I wish I could take back.

By the time I hit 49, I luckily got 4 of the patterns to redoubt blue quality (pants, gloves, headgear and chest) I then got 3 of those to artifact quality, broken down here:

-30 or so REs for the gloves to get the Accuracy boost

-40 or so REs for the headgear to get the Surge Boost (kinda meh, but w/e, I'll take it)

-200+ REs for the chestpiece to get General...such a letdown...+48 presence

In retrospect, I have given up on any crew skills, the time spent does not reap the benefits that I spent into it. (Bought mod gear for those 3 pieces and did dailies for mods = better result.)

The problem of crafted from green to blue to artifact quality, the stats do not scale whereas the bonus stats do. So, you'll have a green with say 50str/50end, 20def then the same item but artifact quality with 50str/50end, 60def with an added (1 of 5) bonus.

Yeah, I had a similar experience on a level 43 overkill belt (armormech). I REd and REd and REd and REd til I was sure there was a bug, but then on belt #81, got my first purple pattern.

Of course, then I realized I was REing the overkill version, and not the critical version like how I wanted, so I facepalmed, cried, and went and worked on the other.

Sometimes it just takes a long time, but it'll happen.

Does RE only work on recipes that were green on learning? For example, in Synthweaving there is the Shade set which is learned as blue. Can those be REd into purples or no? So far, I've had no luck with the learned blues, but I've gotten a couple of learned greens into purples.

• 2 months later...

I have biochem and cybertech as well as synthweaving..

And yes, I'd say synthweaving is somehow bugged... like the OP said, he couldn't get a purple recipe, like me, I was trying to get redoubt bracers' purple version, but I've REed 40-50 bracers now and not a single purple recipe.. not one!

Never had that with earpiece or implants. Granted, you might not get the one you want, but none at all? Very unlikely... I sincerely think someone in BW messed up with this..

Well, been working on trying to get purple veracity synthweaving heavy for weeks myself. (and may as well pick up light for Kira while at it.. the restriction is getting the ciridium, after all, and only so many missions to run to get it, may as well have other companions grabbing the cloth and the rest of it))

Haven't really been keeping track of # of attempts (too depressing) but so far I've got 0 Veracity pieces.

All the possible ones *except* Veracity for the chest piece, a couple of others got generals, and a couple others exactitude. (Was actually targetting just the chest alone until I got all of 'em EXCEPT veracity.. then finished the class story and figured I may as well work on the others at the same time, as I don't really need the armor all that soon anyways.

Better success on the light armor side. A couple got Expert (what I was actually aiming for) and a couple got Rampart.

Edited by GnatB