premade pvp teams should be banned

Neverendingname

OP you might as well say Rock Shouldn't Beat Scissors and Paper shouldn't beat Rock, because that makes about as much sense.

There is no such thing as a "pre-made" in SWTOR WZ's because at most you can only have 4 people in a group and that only accounts for half a team, the other half is 99% of the time all PUG.

Suggesting that people shouldn't be allowed to play WZ's with their guild-mates or friends nullifies the entire purpose of having a guild or friends for that matter. Is that the problem OP? Do you need a friend? Or maybe just a hug?

Have fun ;)!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP you might as well say Rock Shouldn't Beat Scissors and Paper shouldn't beat Rock, because that makes about as much sense.

There is no such thing as a "pre-made" in SWTOR WZ's because at most you can only have 4 people in a group and that only accounts for half a team, the other half is 99% of the time all PUG.

Suggesting that people shouldn't be allowed to play WZ's with their guild-mates or friends nullifies the entire purpose of having a guild or friends for that matter. Is that the problem OP? Do you need a friend? Or maybe just a hug?

Have fun ;)!

No, your're wrong, completely wrong.

It's unfair and should be considered an exploit. Luckily the people at bioware felt that baddies should be able to play better and allowed 4 mans instead of 8 cause god knows what would have happened then.

I'm no grammar/spelling nazi, but I think forums should autocheck posts, and if a certain % of words are misspelled, the poster should be flagged as a moron and it should be assumed whatever opinion he has is stupid also. The post would magically disappear to some trash hidden forum.

This is of course in no way directed at anyone in this thread, I just randomly decided to share my opinion here... :rolleyes:

Edited by Pulpp

Right here wee go premades in SWTOR, not everyone will get anoyed at this but *** a keen pvper i am. I dont think premades should fight against pug groups for warzones.

How can this be fair ? pugs = people dont know each other atol meaning neirly no co operation, premades all most likly know each other. Meaning know each others playstyles and able to work together alot better. Wich then gives the pug team neirly no chance to win.

My question is will BW Stop this or will they let this go on forever? not only me asking this alot of my friends think the same thing, pvp is unfair against premades. And no point staying in the warzone.

Well one other thing why is there no penalty to people just leaving battlegroups when they are loosing? makes things alot harder for the players that stay. but they people that leave can just join the que again? how is that right ?

would it not be apropriate to give these warzone leavers even 20 mins to think about what they did ?:p mabi then they would stay in the battle, and then mabi the battles would be more even and fair :)

on a last note premades are making pvp boring and alot of people just give up against them, just ban them and people will be happier playing warzones even with the ability lag :)

may the force be with u alll :)

I don't think it should be banned, but one thing I do think is Bioware should seriously consider introducing in game voice chat to the game. This would help in WZ as each team could communicate with their team mates more efficiently than typing while getting beat on.

I'm no grammar/spelling nazi, but I think forums should autocheck posts, and if a certain % of words are misspelled, the poster should be flagged as a moron and it should be assumed whatever opinion he has is stupid also. The post would magically disappear to some trash hidden forum.

This is of course in no way directed at anyone in this thread, I just randomly decided to share my opinion here... :rolleyes:

disagree ^^^^ grammar is not needed in forums go **** urself maybe:)

IF you dont like the fact that the game has a competitive aspect, then go play a SINGLE player game.

dont complain because people are more organized than you are. Your basically complaining that your bad, and you want to win, even tho you arnt doing what it takes to win.

I love when people do this. "I am not 'X', but I am going to make a point supporting 'X'." If I was you, I would go back and review how many grammatical errors you made in your post touting how you have great grammar skills (hint, forgetting commas is a grammatical error as well as a run on sentence). Everyone has different talents and a different capacity for communication skills. I am not upset that there are those out there who have issues with spelling. It makes me feel better about myself as a person and my intelligence when I read a post that is riddled with spelling errors.

Well sorry i take the banned back then, but there should at least be a change to the warzone system to stop from getting Stuck fighting premades if u are in a pug teams. Let the pug Teams fight the pug teams, and let the premades fight the premades end of storry.

There may not be enough people queuing on the server to do this. You would need to have cross-server queues, which not everyone wants.

BW have said they will implement arenas, which might take some of the pre-mades from the warzones.

I queue solo all the time and don't really have a problem, maybe my server is just lucky.

Premades need their own que system away from pugs.

I don't feel sorry for allowing people to have handicaps. A pug is an unorganized group of people. A premade has A 50% more higher chance at winning due to the fact they know the have at least 4 people on their team listening. Most of the time the other 4 will simply follow suit.

Every Warzone is objective based which means pugs have to worry about AFKers,People who want to test or learn rotations and simply people who want to ROFL face smash someone.

Having 4 people run in on void star while progressively communicating is very hard to beat when having to type out which door they are going to while being beat down while you type it out.

Nobody said you couldn't play with your friends but the fact is you need your own que to go down because some of us don't like the fact that you win simply because you have a mic next to your mouth and can get faster response times to devastate a random group of people.

Synergy is KEY to any competitive thing in this world. Whether it be running a company or winning wz's in SWTOR.

Synergy will always win. The only reason sometimes pug win against premade is because of natural synergy, this is when the matchmaking system has done its job and you get the perfect team with healers to accommodate. Or you just didn't notice that you were the pug while your other 4 teammate were a premade.

Right here wee go premades in SWTOR, not everyone will get anoyed at this but *** a keen pvper i am. I dont think premades should fight against pug groups for warzones.

How can this be fair ? pugs = people dont know each other atol meaning neirly no co operation, premades all most likly know each other. Meaning know each others playstyles and able to work together alot better. Wich then gives the pug team neirly no chance to win.

My question is will BW Stop this or will they let this go on forever? not only me asking this alot of my friends think the same thing, pvp is unfair against premades. And no point staying in the warzone.

Well one other thing why is there no penalty to people just leaving battlegroups when they are loosing? makes things alot harder for the players that stay. but they people that leave can just join the que again? how is that right ?

would it not be apropriate to give these warzone leavers even 20 mins to think about what they did ?:p mabi then they would stay in the battle, and then mabi the battles would be more even and fair :)

on a last note premades are making pvp boring and alot of people just give up against them, just ban them and people will be happier playing warzones even with the ability lag :)

How dare people come into a team-based pvp match and display teamwork!

We must put a stop to this! Everyone knows that each game mode is better when no one works together and everyone just randomly attacks the first enemy they see!

:rolleyes:

I do however support improvements to the pvp matchmaker to try to match pre-mades (and levels) better. Not to remove the possibility of pugs facing them but reduce it as much as possible without " punishing" people with significantly longer queues (e.g. forcing pre-mades to wait until there is an exactly equal pre-made would be stupid).

Edited by Jestunhi

dumb *** idea

why should a premade wait longer than everyone else for another premade???

if you cant handle a premade make your own - guess what you will still lose because you are bad.

The guy above this post solved that problem with using multi-server queues for the premade groups so there would not be extra waiting time.

I mostly pug, but have been on the premade side with my guild in WOW. A pug group has almost no chance against this (ventrillo/team speak, know your teammate's strengths and weakness, actual cooperation vs. guys typing through out the entire BG how much the other guys sucks, etc.).

I've always wanted a rated 1 v 1. Just a round arena with a sand floor. No ramps, no columns, no LoS issues. No beating a guy and then the his teammate piling on to tip the scale. The rewards should be less than a group of people since it's less effort than forming a group. Maybe the season winner of the 1 v 1 can have huge banner of his/her toon hanging in the spaceport....bragging rights.

I love when people do this. "I am not 'X', but I am going to make a point supporting 'X'." If I was you, I would go back and review how many grammatical errors you made in your post touting how you have great grammar skills (hint, forgetting commas is a grammatical error as well as a run on sentence). Everyone has different talents and a different capacity for communication skills. I am not upset that there are those out there who have issues with spelling. It makes me feel better about myself as a person and my intelligence when I read a post that is riddled with spelling errors.

I am glad my subtleness did not escape your astute and meticulous assessment...lol.

I am also glad to hear you bolster your ego on the basis of MMO forum posts. Good for you, buddy!

sigh... you should give up pvp troll.

Bioware Please do not listen to the community! Keep doing what you do... These guys have no clue the ramifications of their proposed changes.

You guys are all the same... "OMG Change the game now now NOW! We need this change!"

2 years later..... Hey lets all play on private Vanilla SWTOR servers because BW has killed the game... oh why can't we just have it back the way it was in the first year?!"

Just like what happened to WoW... they listened to the 2% of the community that uses the forums at the expense of the 98% that are too busy enjoying the game to post anything in the first place.

If I have to endure premades to avoid cross realm warzones than so be it...

I am glad my subtleness did not escape your astute and meticulous assessment...lol.

I am also glad to hear you bolster your ego on the basis of MMO forum posts. Good for you, buddy!

To pretend that you don't get a positive mental reaction from catching someone else's mistakes grammatically is to deny the basic human instinct of increasing ones self esteem through the comparison to those you view as inferior.

I don't know about the rest of you but on our server, when we run a pre-made group we usually end up fighting other pre-mades. This usually makes the quality of PUGs decide who the winner is.

This is unacceptable for us. We are not investing our time and hard work for it to be diminished by a random selection of PUGs. We are a guild FOR A REASON, and many people came over to this game to be able to play and PvP with their guildies, not random folks who may or may not know what they're doing.

We want 8 man pre-mades; especially now that there is a 50s only bracket, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to group up with 8 guildies. Before there was a 50s bracket, I can see that forming up eight 50s and pitting them against a random group of PUGs across all levels would have been terrible, but now that we are all 50s, why can't we play with our friends?

Let us queue 8 mans for WZs!

I don't know about the rest of you but on our server, when we run a pre-made group we usually end up fighting other pre-mades. This usually makes the quality of PUGs decide who the winner is.

This is unacceptable for us. We are not investing our time and hard work for it to be diminished by a random selection of PUGs. We are a guild FOR A REASON, and many people came over to this game to be able to play and PvP with their guildies, not random folks who may or may not know what they're doing.

We want 8 man pre-mades; especially now that there is a 50s only bracket, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to group up with 8 guildies. Before there was a 50s bracket, I can see that forming up eight 50s and pitting them against a random group of PUGs across all levels would have been terrible, but now that we are all 50s, why can't we play with our friends?

Let us queue 8 mans for WZs!

If they make 8 man groups for WZs they would definitely have to make premade vs premade only. I mean I know you'd feel big and all getting on a voice communication of your choice and having direction and a group of balanced tank dps and heals already set and demolishing the other team with a full 8, but yeah no you need to play with the other big boys if you want to queue with 8.