The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ninjaing other people's objectives is just rude and wrong

Trashbone

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All it takes is a little bit of empathy and care for your fellow gamer/human being. Would you like to have that chest stolen from you? The answer is always 'no' so why would you steal if from someone else?

It's not my chest, so I have no right to whine about it like a baby

what I try to do to avoid this, is if it can be interacted with during combat, I'll send my Companion in to "Tank" the mobs for a sec while I grab the Objective. 9/10 of them can be interacted with while in combat. I know this isn't a perfect solution but you'll find it leads to way less frustration.

Also there have been times when I've accidentally ninja-ed an Item, so I usually apologize and stick around to deal with the mob respawns while the other person grabs the objective.

Though I will admit.. I am guilty of flat out ninjaing Objectives from people that have just done it to me. I get a little over zealous on them, but hopefully it teaches them a lesson (most likely not bet eh.)

It's called being an ******e, which many people are in the world today.

Just 10 minutes ago I saw someone about to die because they were killing mobs to get a chest, and I healed him up and let him get the chest. I could have easily just taken it, but sometimes people like to actually be respectful and not 13 years old. I know it's hard.

Mission objectives spawn back in fast, chests are full of crap and mats just take time to farm. Not worth getting worked up over is it?

(Ninjaing very rare loot is another matter, but still happens all the time.)

But we all know how caring and helpful everyone is in mmo land... right?

The really amazing thing here is people are trying to defend the ninja attitude. I guess garbage really does come in all forms.

That aside, hopefully since the free month timers should be dwindling we'll see less of this.

Since when are they YOUR objectives?

Do they have your name on them? they're free for everyone to take.

Yes let's punish people for freely taking objectives that are not owned by you even if you just killed some mobs by it.

Jesus christ

I like how none of the people whining about this refuse to address the point that these items aren't theirs to claim.

From reading your previous replies, it seems like your one of those ******es that would do **** like this because you have your own head shoved up your ***.

You: "Hey look there's a guy fighting an elite next to MY objective! How convenient!"

Guy:"Hey that was mine! I was fighting for it!"

You: "Was your name on it?"

The really amazing thing here is people are trying to defend the ninja attitude. I guess garbage really does come in all forms.

That aside, hopefully since the free month timers should be dwindling we'll see less of this.

I don't defend the ninja attitude because this isn't ninjaing

Still no one has come up with a logical argument against me.

Once again - These are not your items. Get it? they don't have your name on them, they are not owned by you and you thinking you have the right to loot them just because you saw them first is disgustingly arrogant.

I've been encountering more and more players who seem to think that it's okay to ninja somebody else's objectives .... ***. Today I was battling a mob when another player took advantage - ran right by me and destroyed the target I was after - seriously that is f'ed up and cheap........:mad:

Objective will respwan faster than you kill mob. No need to QQ about it. Be happy you just helped someone to complete a quest :)

I think nobody would really care if you weren't forced to wait around anywhere from 30 seconds to upwards of 5 minutes waiting for the object or NPC to respawn

There's just no good reason for all those little enforced waiting periods, other than to add up over time to hours spent waiting and dragging out the leveling process

From reading your previous replies, it seems like your one of those ******es that would do **** like this because you have your own head shoved up your ***.

You: "Hey look there's a guy fighting an elite next to MY objective! How convenient!"

Guy:"Hey that was mine! I was fighting for it!"

You: "Was your name on it?"

I see nothing wrong with this.

'Guy' is in the wrong here because he's claiming a free to take objective by anyone on the quest is somehow his. What a greedy ******e.

Once again - These are not your items. Get it? they don't have your name on them, they are not owned by you and you thinking you have the right to loot them just because you saw them first is disgustingly arrogant.

What you're missing is that possession has nothing to do with it ...common courtesy and respect have everything to do with it.

Things that seem to be foriegn to todays over entitled generation.

Doesn't the fact the devs saw fit to place elites, or other mobs around the objective imply they expect players to 'earn' the reward? To have to put some effort in to get to the objective?

The point someone else made about clearing the way to it is fair enough. I'd have no argument with that, but when I've cleared the way and am fighting the last couple of mobs before being able to get it just to watch someone swoop in on a speeder, take the objective and then disappear again demonstrates (in my opinion) an arrogant and selfish nature.

As has been said though, others have a very different opinion, so I guess we just have to live with it.

You can't possibly be that dense. You're trolling.

On the outside chance you actually aren't trolling, yeah, the item/objective IS mine. I paid for it by clearing the way. I pay for time, and I just spent my time gettting to it by clearing things around it. I really did buy it, I really do own it.

You want one? Fine. Pay for it like I did and you're more than welcome to it.

Manners cost nothing.

Something my mother told me, but alas so many people in this world forget it in their mad rush to be first to achieve something. This game is no different than any other mmo in this regard.

My rule is: If i see someone next to a node, mob or quest objective and are clearly trying to clear to it i move on to the next one which will not be very far away.

Some people are just impatient and try to defend their actions by saying things such as "i didnt see you there" or "i didnt see your name written on it" which is no defense in any way whatsoever for such actions and show the childish behaviour that they exhibit in everyday life.

I put them on ignore and move on.

I've no interest in grouping with bad mannered oiks, but I'm not going to waste my own time trying to correct them either.

Thankfully, as annoying as they can be, the ratio of decent people seems to be higher on my main server :)

What you're missing is that possession has nothing to do with it ...common courtesy and respect have everything to do with it.

Respect is earned and courtesy is for the dead my friend.

I don't know you, so I don't respect you. I do not know if you have any features that are worthy of respect.

I also don't disrespect you.

Due to not knowing you, you are a non-factor in my life and, therefore, decision making processes.

Your emotions and quality of life aren't any of my concern, because we don't know each other. If you're happy or sad, my life doesn't change in any way, just like if I'm happy or sad your life doesn't change.

Again, respect is earned, not given.

Being born does not imbue you with any sort of transcendent value.

You're a congregation of atoms and electrical energy, I am a congregation of atoms and electrical energy.

We're not special.

Hold on.

You think you have the right to loot these items but I'm the entitled one?

let me laugh harder.

Or another thing that could be done to help with this kind of thing is to have the quest objectives respawn almost instantly..

I see no reason in today's mmo where you have to wait around for a quest objective.. Its just tedious and annoying, especially for solo quest objectives..

I agree with this fellow.

You can't possibly be that dense. You're trolling.

On the outside chance you actually aren't trolling, yeah, the item/objective IS mine. I paid for it by clearing the way. I pay for time, and I just spent my time gettting to it by clearing things around it. I really did buy it, I really do own it.

You want one? Fine. Pay for it like I did and you're more than welcome to it.

No, it isn't yours.

There is no rule that clearing easy to kill/avoid mobs makes something yours.

I mean it sure is hard to stealth/CC/send companion and then loot, right?

Well I hate when someone does it to me so I don't do it to others, BUT how can I be sure you are fighting mobs for THIS quest item?! Maybe you are just farming them, or doing bonus quests...it did happen to me more than once. I see a guy overwhelmed with mobs, I force jump into the fight to help him out so he can take the quest and he starts yelling at me "#$#"$&$/$#? this was my mob, I need them for this and that you &$$"#&". :eek:

Or I just stand in line and guys walks away after killing them without taking the quest item. :confused:

Thankfully this game has very big "+" sign that will send party inv and I'm using it a lot. Just click on the guy fighting, "+", right click q item, help kill mobs and go your way after saying "Thnx".

IMHO this is a polite version of helping/ninjaing q items :D. But do not be mistaken, this q item does not have you name on it, you didn't TAG it like mobs...I just can't be 100% sure you need it.

It's the anonymity of the internet at play here and as the blackhearted cynic I am, I'm quite certain that these ******es would be the same kind of unabashed douchebags in real life too if there'd been no consequences to deter such behavior.

Respect is earned and courtesy is for the dead my friend.

I don't know you, so I don't respect you. I do not know if you have any features that are worthy of respect.

I also don't disrespect you.

Due to not knowing you, you are a non-factor in my life and, therefore, decision making processes.

Your emotions and quality of life aren't any of my concern, because we don't know each other. If you're happy or sad, my life doesn't change in any way, just like if I'm happy or sad your life doesn't change.

Again, respect is earned, not given.

Being born does not imbue you with any sort of transcendent value.

You're a congregation of atoms and electrical energy, I am a congregation of atoms and electrical energy.

We're not special.

You see ..that's where it all go's wrong. Respect for the individual is eaened. Respect for you fellow human beings is implicit.

..and you earn respect by showing respect.

it's the fault of the devs. are you supposed to know that someone else has to click the same object you have to? i've had it happen to me and i've done it too. i hate waiting a frikken minute to make the item come back. for something that multiple people have to activate, they should remove the timer and only let the one's who click it see the animation of destruction or what not.