Blatant Ilum Cheating (pic with names)

Halofax

2 lowbie Jedi sitting at the center in ilum while their Empire friends farm them for kills.

Sent the guy the message aaaaand.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/cheatings.png/

I'd send in a ticket, but I doubt anyone could even read the english in it.

Maybe if we loudcap it enough Bioware ill ball up and ban them.

Edit - One is a Commando.

Edited by Halofax

I find it funny that the devs thought, in all seriousness, that a kill requirement would work as a solution to the Ilum issues considering Republic and Imperial folks can talk to each other in /say. Even without /say, they'd find a way to work out trading. Being able to communicate just makes it laughably easy for them.

They never should have allowed Multi-Faction accounts on the same server. WoW doesn't allow this, for precisely this reason. I said this back in Beta. It was a huge mistake then, and it still is. This is just one of the reasons why. I love this game, but this is one of the biggest problems I have with it.

definitely report them, you'll get a CSR talk to you within a few days and they'll probably ask for that screenshot.

they asked me for a screenshot of someone non-stop swearing at me, like i said, took a couple of days for them to get back to me. but at least they did something about it.

definitely report them, you'll get a CSR talk to you within a few days and they'll probably ask for that screenshot.

they asked me for a screenshot of someone non-stop swearing at me, like i said, took a couple of days for them to get back to me. but at least they did something about it.

I reported a guy for telling me he wanted to sodomize me and several members of my family 50 times, following me zone to zone.

Generic (place them on your ignore list message).

EA customer service is useless.

The problem is players, not system. Really, if you get rewards for killing other players and they get for killing you, why in the world would you give them a chance to gain that rewards? Must be a PvE server

Hate to say it but this happens on PvP servers too. Three players just left our guild when we explained to them that this was not acceptable.

2 lowbie Jedi sitting at the center in ilum while their Empire friends farm them for kills.

Sent the guy the message aaaaand.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/cheatings.png/

I'd send in a ticket, but I doubt anyone could even read the english in it.

Maybe if we loudcap it enough Bioware ill ball up and ban them.

Edit - One is a Commando.

So in your picture it clearly shows that there are a grand total of 3 republics on illum - two of which are there expressedly for the purpose of getting killed, the last person being you.

Now your.. what ? asking that they be banned for working around a massive faction imbalance?

I'm guessing next you will be asking people be banned for grouping up in order to reduces time spend waiting for mob respawns?

Honestly I cannot fathom why you are crying over this, in what way is this hurting you - are you that massive a diva that you crave being the single point of attention for the entire horde of sith?

Ps. during my time leveling I have seen a grand total of 8 republics out in the world, if I could switch factions I'd do so in a heartbeat.

Pps. make the area FFA and let sith kill sith and the "problem" goes away <3

Edited by Kelsym

The problem is players, not system. Really, if you get rewards for killing other players and they get for killing you, why in the world would you give them a chance to gain that rewards? Must be a PvE server

Have you ever played PvP MMO? First and foremost its PvPers who do this. Its oldest trick in the book. And its design flaw.

Edited by GrandMike

You cannot really ban anyone if they don't break any rules though :)

You obviously didn't read the TOS or EULA when you installed and accepted an agreement. What been going on DOES break rules. Harassment of players for a start, using exploits is another. People just send in to the dev team your videos, and maybe they can pin down the offenders and they can deal with them accordingly.

They never should have allowed Multi-Faction accounts on the same server. WoW doesn't allow this, for precisely this reason. I said this back in Beta. It was a huge mistake then, and it still is. This is just one of the reasons why. I love this game, but this is one of the biggest problems I have with it.

They actually do allow that.

I know this sort-of kind-of off-topic. I've made an interesting observation.

I agreed with people who said give us proof of enormous valor gains.

I realize this is entirely anecdotal, but I still feel it's worth sharing.

I've noticed there's a lot of people (I'm empire, on empire heavy server) running around with battlemaster titles displayed. They are exactly rank 60. They are also bad. I find this interesting. I suppose it's possible I'm only taking notice due to the controversy. If you think about it though, with no diminishing returns farming could be going on with alts or anything on any scale any time around the clock. Perhaps the big organized kill-swaps are the least of our concerns. I hope this post is not construed as ****-stirring. However, maybe there's needs to be a whole lot of that.

I know this sort-of kind-of off-topic. I've made an interesting observation.

I agreed with people who said give us proof of enormous valor gains.

I realize this is entirely anecdotal, but I still feel it's worth sharing.

I've noticed there's a lot of people (I'm empire, on empire heavy server) running around with battlemaster titles displayed. They are exactly rank 60. They are also bad. I find this interesting. I suppose it's possible I'm only taking notice due to the controversy. If you think about it though, with no diminishing returns farming could be going on with alts or anything on any scale any time around the clock. Perhaps the big organized kill-swaps are the least of our concerns. I hope this post is not construed as ****-stirring. However, maybe there's needs to be a whole lot of that.

I noticed this on my server as well. monday there were no purple lightsabers and blaster bolts in warzones. Yesterday, there were ALOT (on the imp side only). One of those warzones, voidstar, we rolled the imps easier than I had ever experienced before, the battlemasters were just that bad. Now every other warzone...... we got pretty much stomped :(

Edited by Basiliscus

Players will always do what is best for them. You stop them by implementing a system that stops or makes it harder for them.

Expecting players to not do this is stupid and will never work. It is like expecting people to turn in money they found on the street. Never going to happen.

To avoid stuff like this you need the system to give diminishing returns or code it in so it won't work. Maybe change objectives etc.

A player shouldn't be questioning if a playstyle is "morally" correct. They should follow the laws of the game.

They actually do allow that.

They didn't used to. Or maybe I'm thinking of another game. I swear I've played so many, that were so much alike - I forget which is which.

I'm pretty sure, though, that originally, WoW didn't allow you to do this. They must have changed it in an Expansion.

In either case it doesn't matter. Just because WoW does it now - doesn't mean it's a very good idea.