Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Armor type

RikHar

Assassins and Shadows (the republic mirror) both only have access to Light armor

Ok, thanks.

I asked 'cause I had read a while back how assassins were considered to be able to tank somewhat, but with light armor?

Ok, thanks.

I asked 'cause I had read a while back how assassins were considered to be able to tank somewhat, but with light armor?

The Assassin tanking has the Darkcharge (someone previously linked it), it increase threat generation and armor value, but also there is another ability (Dark Ward) that increases your shield chance quite a bit.

Nice guide here.

http://blackrabbit2999.blogspot.com/2011/12/swtor-sith-assassin-darkness-tank-guide.html

Ok, thanks.

Assassins and Shadows are "avoidance" tanks. They work not by absorbing ludicrous amounts of damage but by avoiding or reducing it as much as possible. They have various abilities to reduce force/tech damage, increase avoidance, and their skill tree buffs their tanking stance to both avoid hits, reduces the damage from a hit, and/or grants some kind of bonus when hit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.