This should've been a single player game.

Kastchey

I agree with those saying that all MMOs can basically be played as single player games these days, at least until you get to max level. So SWTOR is no different.

Never used to be this way with MMOs, but this seems to be the current standard approach. Which personally I think is a shame but there ya go.

i agree with this comment.

take FFXI for exmaple, you could get to level 10 by yourself, after you needed a party to 75. But that got so mudane and boring. i think thats why alot of MMO's are changing. Nobody wants to be in a 7 hour exp party and only get half way to a level.

Even as a single player game... I have 8 class stories to play through. More than I get from other single player games. Thankfully I do run a duo with a friend most of the time.

I just wish the flashpoints dropped a few more commendations, maybe people would want to run them more than once. (or at least once)

I agree with those saying that all MMOs can basically be played as single player games these days, at least until you get to max level. So SWTOR is no different.

Never used to be this way with MMOs, but this seems to be the current standard approach. Which personally I think is a shame but there ya go.

I remember this coming up when Age of Conan was released and then again when Star Trek Online was released. In both cases, the game directors clearly stated that according to market research, the majority of MMO players played predominantly alone. Therefore, according to current research, it makes complete sense to create an MMO where, for the most part, the content is designed to be played solo or grouped, with additional elements that require others added in.

So for all intents and purposes, SWTOR is designed for the 99%.

Cheers!

99%_Canuck :)

NB - I appologize for not sourcing my comments about GDs talking about play tendencies. I am at work and don't really have time to go sourcing.

I remember this coming up when Age of Conan was released and then again when Star Trek Online was released. In both cases, the game directors clearly stated that according to market research, the majority of MMO players played predominantly alone. Therefore, according to current research, it makes complete sense to create an MMO where, for the most part, the content is designed to be played solo or grouped, with additional elements that require others added in.

So for all intents and purposes, SWTOR is designed for the 99%.

Cheers!

99%_Canuck :)

NB - I appologize for not sourcing my comments about GDs talking about play tendencies. I am at work and don't really have time to go sourcing.

Market research is wrong . the reason people play alone is because the content is geared for single player expierence. EQ 1 soloing was rare. EQ 1 was a wild success in terms of projections it it exceeded market analyts expectations by 300%. EQ 1 was projected to have 40 k subs. at its peak it had over half a million, all on a hardocre platform . 500k is a stnadard hope for all premium subscription games now and none are able to maintain those numbers for more then 90 days. except rift and wow (ie when i talk about subs i speak of north america and EU , China does not count they do not pay for the game monthly) Rift is hvering about 500k plus and, wow hell i dont know maybe a couple million and dying rapidly. Global research did not poll MMO players the polled PC game players which is a massive difference. If you poll a guy who play's Max payne and bioshock he will say he plays PC games alone. I play alone because that is what 90% of TOR's content is geared for. i spend more time in flash points with 4 people and prefer it that way. MMO's suck now and unless the dynamic changes i dont think they will survive past 2015.