Watchman DOT Questions?

BurntSushi

I am a recent convert from Combat to Watchman. I figured that I would try to become proficient with all the trees, so I know what I am talking about when someone asks me.

The one thing that I have noticed is that people are saying that their DoTs are ticking for like 700-800 per crit tick. Mine are no where near that on a tick. I am usually seeing around 450-500 damage and getting a heal of 250 a tick on crit.

Has there been some ninja nerf? Or could I just be missing something in my rotation.

I have watched Faroh's vids on Sentinel Watchamn and thought going in that I had a good grasp on the tree and I just had to get used to it, but I feel like I am falling kinda short compared to the other Watchmen that I am seeing and hearing from.

I am almost completely Champion gear except for my Off-hand. My rotation generally starts with Rebuke>Force Leap>Cauterize>Zealous Strike>Overload Saber>Merciless Strike>Force Stasis>Strike and then I go on priority.

Any help would be appreciated and if you have some vids that helped you, please link them.

If I understand you correctly you are wondering how to get bigger crit damage?

As far as I am concerned you rotation is good but you didn't say anything about your gear. And I don't mean level of it, I am talking about crit stat.

How is you gear set up? Have you stacked on crit, power, accuracy, ...?

I am still in process of leveling my Sent to 50, but for this one I decided to stack mostly crit chance and surge, since I am so dependant on DOTs and crits. Later I will start adding power and accuracy as well. Maybe that's wrong path but so far I am still having fun so...

Will do when I log back in tomorrow, thanks for the advice.

It's good because by the time you're done with Cauterize you'll have 2 stacks of Overload Saber already on the target!

Leap

Overload Saber

Leap lands, does damage (don't think it stacks OS though)

Zealous strike (1 stacks of OS)

Cauterize (does direct damage at first too, so 2 stacks of OS)

Edited by Vibeth

Maybe you are confusing other peoples overload saber crits for cauterize crits? I don't think anyones cauterize crits for 800-900 damage (I could be wrong). I had a lvl 47 sentinel and the only DoT that was critting that high for me was a 3-stack overload DoT.