the unkillable healer

Clege

Well, looks like BioWare copied another bad idea from WoW: the unkillable healer. In my 40 levels of valor, I have come across some, what I thought, were pretty impressive healers. However, once all of us 50s were seperated into our own little PvP world, I have come to realize its not the player, but the gear!

I just got of a Voidstar match where my team identified and isolated their healer. It took 3 of us beating on her nonstop for around 2 minutes, using big cooldowns, to finally kill her. she did over 400k healing herself and singlehandily won the match for her team.

I am all about healers having a role in PvP, but when one can tank 1/3 of a team's damage like a boss, its past stupid. One player should not make or break a team.

NOTE: yes, I have 10% expertice; no, I do not suck; yes, I know what I am doing; no, I will not rage quit; and take your qq crap elsewhere -- other troll replies can assume a simular response.

I like how you falsely assume player gender by their avatar. Definitely speaks volumes about your MMO experience.

I like how you falsely assume player gender by their avatar. Definitely speaks volumes about your MMO experience.

Oh, please. Lighten up.

If a toon has a female avatar, it makes perfect sense to call it a "her" or a "she", dingus. Real life gender is irrelevant.

How does them not calling them "they" rather than "her" change an argument or discredit someone?

I mean out of all the things to argue....

all i can say is either was another healer healing or you were not using your interupts in tandum. Even a geared healer cant or shouldn't be able to heal for crap if your interupting there heals that said big problem is in most mmo's interupting a healers heal locks ALL healing out, in TOR just that 1 ability. So if you lock out my BIG heal still got my 1.5 secon heal and my hot i can spam.

Edit: also as above player said, gaurd+taunt is amazing at making healers untouchable along with expertise healing boost(probably needs to go)

I only use this player as an example because we were able to isloate her in the first room alone, away from all of her buddies that had run into the 2nd part of Voidstar, so we were almost totally certain there was no help from any of her friends.

As for interupts, I know I used mine when she was casting heals, but I can not account for the other 2 players that were there...they were justa couple of pugs who offered to help me isolate her. That being said, I dont know what the range is on taunt and guard, and I know she had a tanky bounty hunter iwth her.

Even though she was a sorc, I have had other healers, such as operatives and smugglers, who were near impossible to kill. I also have a guildmate who is in full PvP gear who brags constantly how is is almost impossibel to kill in PvP. As the 2nd poster stated, its the way the mechanics of PvP healing work, along with stacking biochem stims, and guarding/taunt that make these healers so damn hard to kill.

However these players do it, the end result is a healer that becomes unkillable in all realistic situations. If it is unacceptable for 1 DPS player to go around 1-shotting everyone, how is this any different? In PvP, every player needs to have a comperable ability to survive. This is not the case in this situation.

Edited by Clege

Hey sorry to go off topic but how do you put the health in the raid window bars like that and how did u get to make them so much bigger. Thanks in advance

preferences, user interface, operative frames down at the bottom

to stay on topic: if you can't grip one of the guard chain away you just got to burn burn burn :/

Edited by staysa

In situations with equal gear, I'm absolutely crushed as a sorc healer. I can't even out heal the sorc lightning of a dps spec'd sorc. Literally dead in about 10-15 seconds.

Against those lower than me with not nearly as much gear (I'm full champ), I can survive quite a while.

No one will know the true balance for quite some time because of this f'd up expertise crap.

I completely agree. . .I dont care at all if people disagree with me, but sorc healers are insanely OP. Watching them out heal a counsler on end boards every single time is discouraging and frustrating.

Only ever had problems with a BH healer, sorcs can kite but then they are not healing and go down fast when chain CC-ed.

I group with a skilled pvp guild using vent and serious questions are had when it takes 2 minutes of two champ geared dps/CC and interrupts to down a solo BH healer.

Edited by DoomedtoDie