Why does Bioware think this is OK?

Dirttee

Why does bioware think it is OK to put issues like hourly crashes that happen to a HUGE number of subscribers on the back burner, to add "rise of the rakgouls"?? Ya people like new content, but if your tech support cant help find out why the crashes happen, its time to devote the Dev's to fixing this.

Why does bioware think it is OK to put issues like hourly crashes that happen to a HUGE number of subscribers on the back burner, to add "rise of the rakgouls"?? Ya people like new content, but if your tech support cant help find out why the crashes happen, its time to devote the Dev's to fixing this.

This thread again?

Sorry, but here's some MMO reality for you: They have to fix bugs *and* release content. It's how the business works. And inb4 they're separate teams and all that other stuff that's been explained 1,000 times.

They can't devote the content people to doing bug fixes. It's not their job, and they wouldn't even know how for the most part.

Because the artists, writers, actors, scripters and area designers aren't 'devs' and they aren't just going to sit on their arse because the devs are busy.

Because the artists, writers, actors, scripters and area designers aren't 'devs' and they aren't just going to sit on their arse because the devs are busy.

But how can they get on with their lives when Dirttee has an issue that needs looking at? :confused:

my source is that it has been "a known issue" since early access, and they still have no clue why it happens. they have made no posts stating that it is a priority, or given any advice that wasnt more than a un-educated guess

my source is that it has been "a known issue" since early access, and they still have no clue why it happens. they have made no posts stating that it is a priority, or given any advice that wasnt more than a un-educated guess

Is that a reason for the people I listed to stop working?

I clicked that link, I laughed.

But seriously, yes, that ddresses the exact reasons as to what goes on in an mmorpg studio.

I blame it on the 'ME' generation, that for some reason can't see the whole picture beyond the tip of their nose. "The game is not even 30 days into launch, but such and such an issue is making me upset and should be fixed in 3 seconds".

**you know, these teams pour their souls into making these games, 16 hour days sometimes six days a week to make milestones, deadlines, etc. They know the issues are there, they really DO care about the players and meeting their needs. No, I'm not a fanboy, but I do know what goes into making a game like this.

Edited by Tolarus

How do you know the tech support isn't doing this? Do you have access to a bug tracker or dev fix list that has specifically allocated this issue unsolvable?

You've never worked in software development, have you?

JEEZ! Can all the negativity just stop for 10 minutes!...If I had a dime for every one, I would be filthy rich.

Welcome to the whiny MMO community who think whining on the general discussion boards will get things done.

Cripes if i got a penny everytime someone posts like this with games in general , i would be a billionaire!LOL!