Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gear.... just sucks!

Bazeleel

Seriously now that I am 50 I was hoping for different looking gear....nope....same *********** helm/shirt/pants etc that I have seen on my gear for 40 levels.....

Seriously.....I am starting to get very upset at the lack of care bioware seemed to put into this game!

Edited by Qishari

Seriously now that I am 50 I was hoping for different looking gear....nope....same *********** helm/shirt/pants etc that I have seen on my gear for 40 levels.....

Seriously.....I am starting to get very upset at the lack of care bioware seemed to put into this game!

Does the lack of gear design really surprise you? I mean they spent a majority of their budget on dialogue after all.....

It could be worse though, you could look like a Consular.

It's the same for every class. Probably 7-10 models you can earn while leveling up then your pvp and pve set at level 50.

I really don't think its bad considering more will continue to come out. Also out pve tier set is pretty cool looking.

Try as I might, I just can't find anything that looks cooler than the Imperial uniform you get off of the two Heroics on Balmorra. It's just... too cool. If it wasn't for set bonuses I'd prob just end up salvaging mods out of Raid gear and stick 'em in my other stuff.

However, other than the Imperial uniform set... everything else does look pretty bad. Especially the ones with grenades/ammo packs/whatever on the chest, and the ones with radio antennas on your back. On my female Op the purple colored set from Tatooine (Heriocs) doesn't look too bad, but I do not see using that on a guy. And the two jackets that I have (one from Black Talon, one from Friends of Old [Heroic 4]) clip through speederbikes. :(

Unless you do a lot of those boring "heroics" or collect social points and PVP commandations, the armor choice is very limited.

Of course you could always pay more to Bioware for the VIP store or security key store. :(

It's NOT the game just the IA skins, I agree with you. Most other classes out class us by a country mile - I am a walking bag of rags pretty much most of the time - hell I still have the sames boots from day 5 - HAPPY DAYS

Edited by BoyWonder

Try as I might, I just can't find anything that looks cooler than the Imperial uniform you get off of the two Heroics on Balmorra. It's just... too cool. If it wasn't for set bonuses I'd prob just end up salvaging mods out of Raid gear and stick 'em in my other stuff.

However, other than the Imperial uniform set... everything else does look pretty bad. Especially the ones with grenades/ammo packs/whatever on the chest, and the ones with radio antennas on your back. On my female Op the purple colored set from Tatooine (Heriocs) doesn't look too bad, but I do not see using that on a guy. And the two jackets that I have (one from Black Talon, one from Friends of Old [Heroic 4]) clip through speederbikes. :(

lol my agent has that and lokin and temple have the hammer jacket that looks the same (with a tad different color) my ship looks like a propper imperial vessel

• 4 months later...
Unless you do a lot of those boring "heroics" or collect social points and PVP commandations, the armor choice is very limited.

Of course you could always pay more to Bioware for the VIP store or security key store. :(

VIP Store and CE vendor are fake and don't offer anything but changes on your first to third companions. There is no armor for you or even companions available. CE/VIP are waste of money and advise against it.

I picked up the Athiss jacket and Hammer jacket fairly early on (or did one come from the solo-able Balmorra Heroic? I forget) and they were so awesome that I just kept them until the end. Temple got the spare one once I picked her up, so her gear was almost as good as mine by the end.

The Match to Chest button was a lifesaver, once that turned up!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.