The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

It is worth getting? Incendiary Missile

HalloWorld

For balanced builds, only if you also plan on getting Prototype Particle Accelerator with it.

It's DPS is really meh unless you go deep into the tree and pick up +30% crit damage and +30% damage on enemies below 30% health. If you want it as a DPS tool, it's only valuable if you're full Pyrotech. If you want it as a Rail Shot recycler tool as some hybrid spec, then it can be useful.

Just want to be honest. The build is horrible. What's the focus of your gameplay? PvE, PvP, or solo? Here's a link to Taugrim's guide: http://taugrim.com/2012/01/04/guide-to-bounty-hunter-powertech-trooper-vanguard-mechanics-and-pvp/. It has popular builds for both PvE and PvP as well as other good information. If you like to use flamethrower, just use a typical AP set-up.

I'm heading for the balance type build. Love my flamethrower dps.

IM rocks, it opens up Rail Shot because of the DoT effect even if Combustible Gas Cylinder hasn't proc'd yet.

In general, if you are going into Pyrotech, good stopping points are:

- 2 pts to get the Rocket Punch damage buff

- 18 points to get the cooldown resetter for Rail Shot

- 29-31 points to get the good talents toward the top of the tree. A lot of people would tell you to go 31 for Thermal Detonator

Just want to be honest. The build is horrible. What's the focus of your gameplay? PvE, PvP, or solo? Here's a link to Taugrim's guide: http://taugrim.com/2012/01/04/guide-to-bounty-hunter-powertech-trooper-vanguard-mechanics-and-pvp/. It has popular builds for both PvE and PvP as well as other good information. If you like to use flamethrower, just use a typical AP set-up.

I just reset my skill and using the build. It works fine. But I believe you, something in it is not right. I'll have a look~

That looks fine.

By the way, you never specified whether you are talking PVE or PVP.

I'm assuming PVP since you took the CC cooldown reduction talents. Not that they aren't helpful for PVE soloing, but they're more relevant in PVP.

Edited by taugrimtaugrim

I was thinking about both, since im all lazy and ignorant. I feel so uneasy without points on the re-braced Armor, but it is wise to leave it open and save points for the immolate right?

You are playing a DPS spec, so Rebraced Armor won't factor in for any group play since you won't be tanking.

While soloing, your pet can heal you fine while killing elites.