People doing this should be banned on sight

Vandarix

Its in almost every MMO that has open world pvp with rewards.. In War, DAOC, and Aion people were severely punished for it in Aion there was a lot of QQ over people receiving perma Bans for it.. TOR should be no different.

Punish them and make an example.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful what you say around here. I expressed that view quite openly earlier and I was called pathetic, scum, and told that I was a sad person. I got warned because apparently calling for someone who messed up to be fired is bad, but insulting another player for it outright in the forums is legit.

I have a right to my opinion as do you. I've gotten a warning already for it and I honestly could give a &%$^ about it. I told them to fire him in beta and have been telling them ever since.. Its okay though he is the reason this games pvp fails.

Edited by Vandarix

Careful what you say around here. I expressed that view quite openly earlier and I was called pathetic, scum, and told that I was a sad person. I got warned because apparently calling for someone who messed up to be fired is bad, but insulting another player for it outright in the forums is legit.

You know why you were called that, and you know calling for someones job because you aren't happy with a videogame is wrong.

Don't sit there and play the victim card when you were 100% in the wrong and you just got caught. I am glad BW responded to me flagging that thread.

To the OP I really hope they fix that man because doesn't seem like fun on either side.

Edited by oblongship

isnt it just awsome how the people who make this game dont know things like this would happen?

i mean these are things that have been going on in MMOs for YEARs and have allways had to be fixed, and here we are with a new game millions of bucks put into it and the people in charge didnt think this would happen?

have any of these scrub devs even played a MMO before?

how can you call Dev fault

it's those guys fault for being pus-sy

players will allways take advantage of a lame duck system. its the games job to keep this from happening thats why we PAY them every month. i have seen better pvp systems in free to play games thats how pathetic this is.

how can you call Dev fault

it's those guys fault for being pus-sy

Please tell me how in the world it's the player's fault? Bioware put an easily exploitable mechanic into the game that is normally already a major chore to do, but necessary for gear progression.

Open world PvP is a complete joke, with the sides being ludicrously imbalanced. Imps don't have enough people to kill, and Reps don't stand a chance against the overwhelming numbers.

If I'm an Imperial, I can search for long periods of time and not find any non-dead Reps because

1.) The ones there are getting killed off by the other Imperials

2.) The rest of them are avoiding Illum COMPLETELY because, quite honestly, there simply is absolutely no point in going to Illum if you're just going to get ********ed every time you go out to fight.

Blame that on not only the hideous Republic armor compared to the awesome looking Imp armor (Jedi knights get to be an ugly samurai with a backpack instead of a cape), the blatant imbalances, like the only recently fixed cooldown issue with the flash grenades, troopers sucking major tail compared to Bounty Hunters, Lightning being all around more effective than whatever it is Consulars can use, ect.

And, of course, there's the fact that every single MMO that requires players to fight will be exploited for the rewards. Even Maplestory, a friggin 2D MMO has this "Problem". Bioware just seems to have absolutely no idea how to stop players from doing this, either. Here are just a few examples of things they could do:

1.) Make it so Illum doesn't feel like a required task. Sure it could be fun, but I don't want to have to do it every day... And before you spit your useless "Don't like it, don't do it" garbage, I have to do it because I want my Battlemaster gear.

2.) Actually give the republic some appeal. Give them a bonus for rolling Rep, or get some better artists to make the Reps look and feel cool. I would even go as far as to say they should make white lightsabers Republic only and have them built into their PvP gear, as tons of people seem to want a white saber...

3.) Give us other options for getting those dailies done, and other options for getting the valor. Choice can never be a bad thing in an MMO, right?

Seems like they completely rushed the game towards the end of development, really. And I can't believe they didn't have a single MMO player on their dev team who could tell that what they were doing with Illum was a bad idea.

Just my two cents.

Its in almost every MMO that has open world pvp with rewards.. In War, DAOC, and Aion people were severely punished for it in Aion there was a lot of QQ over people receiving perma Bans for it.. TOR should be no different.

Punish them and make an example.

my impression is that this occurs because one can actualy talk with the enemy faction.

Please tell me how in the world it's the player's fault? Bioware put an easily exploitable mechanic into the game that is normally already a major chore to do, but necessary for gear progression.

Stopped reading there. An exploitable mechanic does not justify exploiting. Nearly everything is exploitable.

If you own a Shop with a glass window and I break said window and rob your stuff, who would be arrested? Me, for breaking the law, or the guys who installed the glass window (exploitable mechanic) in your shop?

Edited by hoax_

Stopped reading there. An exploitable mechanic does not justify exploiting. Nearly everything is exploitable.

If you own a Shop with a glass window and I break into it and rob your stuff, who would be arrested? Me, or the guys who produced that glass window?

Please explain to me how breaking someone's property, stealing their things, and using it as your own against their will is the same as working together towards a common goal due to how incredibly difficult it is to get anything done?

Edited by Zaletzu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.