How does riposte work exactly pls?

khsolo

It only activates when you successfully block or parry and incoming attack.

You should watch the icon on your hotbar to see if its activated. If it is, once you use and within range you'll instantly damage your enemy.

IMHO most JK's overlook this skill. I believe it's one of the key skills especially as a sentinel.

You should watch the icon on your hotbar to see if its activated. If it is, once you use and within range you'll instantly damage your enemy.

IMHO most JK's overlook this skill. I believe it's one of the key skills especially as a sentinel.

So its desactivated until you can press it? interesting, ill try it now for sure

Yea Riposte only is available on a successful block or parry. You are guaranteed it to highlight with the activation of Saber Ward.

After that it will highlight and you can use it as long as you have the focus.

It bypasses armor, so that is good. As for a Sentinel, that ability has next to no use outside of the potential talent that you can have it reset an ability CD in Watchman.

It's damage is still kinda meh, even with the armor penetration that it has.

You can spend those resources in other areas that give you better bang for your buck.

Defense Guardians from what I can tell get the best benefit from the ability through talents.

It works like this.

First you parry. The hotbar icon the becomes available.

You press appropriate key.

Nothing happens.

Then you press it again.

Nothing happens.

Then you press it AGAIN.

And then you wait another 2 seconds for the damage to show up.

Yea Riposte only is available on a successful block or parry. You are guaranteed it to highlight with the activation of Saber Ward.

After that it will highlight and you can use it as long as you have the focus.

It bypasses armor, so that is good. As for a Sentinel, that ability has next to no use outside of the potential talent that you can have it reset an ability CD in Watchman.

It's damage is still kinda meh, even with the armor penetration that it has.

You can spend those resources in other areas that give you better bang for your buck.

Defense Guardians from what I can tell get the best benefit from the ability through talents.

I just realized that 3 focus for this ability is just too much for only what 1100 damage or so? Slash gives me much more for the same 3 focus

Unfortunatelly another ability that will go unused

If they change it to 1 focus or no focus or increase the damage it might be worthy but its not as it is

Cheers

I just realized that 3 focus for this ability is just too much for only what 1100 damage or so? Slash gives me much more for the same 3 focus

Unfortunatelly another ability that will go unused

If they change it to 1 focus or no focus or increase the damage it might be worthy but its not as it is

Cheers

Except for the fact that it is off GCD. You can use Blade Storm and Riposte at the exact time essentially.

Off GCD makes this a really nice little skill when you're trying to dump your focus and do as much burst as possible in as little time as possible. I only use it about about 10% of the time it's available, but when I need it, it's great.

Also, you don't have to look at your status bar to see it pop. Your sentinel's eyes and your MH saber will start glowing really bright and that's when you know it's up.

Off GCD makes this a really nice little skill when you're trying to dump your focus and do as much burst as possible in as little time as possible. I only use it about about 10% of the time it's available, but when I need it, it's great.

Also, you don't have to look at your status bar to see it pop. Your sentinel's eyes and your MH saber will start glowing really bright and that's when you know it's up.

Nevertheless - don't put it in a rotation. It is situationally-dependent. I keep a rotation that I type (1,2,3...), and a separate quickbar for situationally-dependent abilites or abilities with long cooldowns. That way I am always able to do a rotation with my left hand but can drop in less predictable abilities with my right. I also use a different set of buttons on the keyboard for keypressing these abilities witht he left just in case.

Nevertheless - don't put it in a rotation. It is situationally-dependent. I keep a rotation that I type (1,2,3...), and a separate quickbar for situationally-dependent abilites or abilities with long cooldowns. That way I am always able to do a rotation with my left hand but can drop in less predictable abilities with my right. I also use a different set of buttons on the keyboard for keypressing these abilities witht he left just in case.[/size]

Well, yeah, I think it's pretty self evident that it's not a rotational skills because it's not always available. Also, I think I made it pretty clear that it's not a part of my regular rotation as I only use it about 10% of the time it's up (and it's only up like 30% of the combat time or something like that).

There's also a sound effect when it activates. You don't need to stare at your hotkey bar.

It works like this.

First you parry. The hotbar icon the becomes available.

You press appropriate key.

Nothing happens.

Then you press it again.

Nothing happens.

Then you press it AGAIN.

And then you wait another 2 seconds for the damage to show up.

and when it does work it goes something like this.

you look down at your UI

you press riposte

you look back up at the fight and see that the enemy has hit you twice while you were looking at your UI.

You realize that riposte did less dmg than the enemy did to you while your weren't looking.

you put ripost on a side hotbar and don't use it again.

To correct the bad information:

1. It does not ignore armor. It ignores parry/dodge/miss.

2. It costs 3 focus, but does NOT cost a GCD. This means it's actually more efficient than most things. When you get your 31 point attacks, then you can drop Riposte from general use, unless you're trying to absolute min/max Watchman or Focus spec. Until then, you should use it.

To correct the bad information:

1. It does not ignore armor. It ignores parry/dodge/miss.

2. It costs 3 focus, but does NOT cost a GCD. This means it's actually more efficient than most things. When you get your 31 point attacks, then you can drop Riposte from general use, unless you're trying to absolute min/max Watchman or Focus spec. Until then, you should use it.

Instant DPS off GCD can still come useful, IMO. But like I said earlier, it's very, very situational.

Never heard of it, what does it sound like?

I don't really know how to describe a sound. It's not hard to miss if there's a ton of noise going on, but most of the time you should be able to hear it if you're listening. I think it's supposed to be the sound of your saber/eyes starting to glow.

Edit: I don't have a sentinel. I just stopped by out of curiosity. It definitely does make a sound on my guardian though.

Edited by Game_Hermit

I don't really know how to describe a sound. It's not hard to miss if there's a ton of noise going on, but most of the time you should be able to hear it if you're listening. I think it's supposed to be the sound of your saber/eyes starting to glow.

Edit: I don't have a sentinel. I just stopped by out of curiosity. It definitely does make a sound on my guardian though.

It's identical for both classes. And I'm pretty sure you're 100% right on the noise.

its not useless. sometimes you can have excess focus from a previous fight. When you can dump focus and use bladestorm and riposte at the same time thats a lot of burst.

But yes it is situational, and i wish it was maybe only 2 focus to make it a tad better. but still a nice ability.