Concealment open world PvP spec discussion

Kutsus

You really think it is worth the extra 6% increase to cunning to sacrifice Slip Away?

I guess it depends on whether you think an always on passive buff is better or worse than situationally taking advantage of 15 s off your stun cooldown (since it's not like you're always going to be spamming it as soon as it's off CD).

Personally, I never found myself in a fight where having it come off CD 15 s earlier would have changed the way the fight went. But, that's me. Maybe you had a different experience.

I guess it depends on whether you think an always on passive buff is better or worse than situationally taking advantage of 15 s off your stun cooldown (since it's not like you're always going to be spamming it as soon as it's off CD).

Personally, I never found myself in a fight where having it come off CD 15 s earlier would have changed the way the fight went. But, that's me. Maybe you had a different experience.

It's also a 4 second 30% speed burst every 45 seconds. Even if they are at full resolve, that speed burst can be extremely useful.

I never really needed 15 secs off the cooldown. The run buff didn't really appeal that much to me but i'm sure it's useful for some situations like in huttball. I mostly used debilitate to lock someone down for an attack or interrupt them. The run buff seems like a great escape tool but I always saved cloaking screen for when I needed to escape. I would pick my target ( usually a healer or someone wounded ) and knock them down with jarring strike buffed with acid blade and they were dead before they got up from the knockdown. Also, jarring strike knockdown gives a full resolve bar so most of the time I didn't even use debilitate because the fight was over before resolve wore off. I used it the most for when I got stuck out of stealth. Slip away seems mostly geared to Snipers imo. If they get close you stun em and gain distance.

A speed burst like that for only 2 points invested on a melee class that has no natural gap closers other than stealth is pretty amazing. It's your choice, but i'll take that huge addition in utility over an extra 1% crit and small amount of bonus damage any day.

You are not going to be killing equally geared level 50s in 3 seconds.

I'm not sure I understand, if you are using Acid Blade anyway, why avoid Toxic Dart?

Is your plan to use Flashbang immedately after the Acid Blade tick in order to get exactly 6 seconds on your flashbang?

If you can keep track of the tick of a dot when in the fury of combat without the use of add ons and or even a combat log, all with the rest of the stuff you need to manage like energy ticks.. well, you are a better man then I, Sir. I personally wouldn't even try and would rather take the extra dps from having Toxic dart ticking on them.

A speed burst like that for only 2 points invested on a melee class that has no natural gap closers other than stealth is pretty amazing. It's your choice, but i'll take that huge addition in utility over an extra 1% crit and small amount of bonus damage any day.

You are not going to be killing equally geared level 50s in 3 seconds.

No, it will take about 10 secs and most the damage will be before they get up from the KD. Also debilitate is 4m range so how you gonna close the gap with it if you have to be in your targets face anyway? My skill choices are my personal preference from my PvP experience as a level 50 operative

Edited by Necrosov

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MZGhRRdkrbfzZhMbz.1

after doing a little math (mostly concerning corrosive dart) i came up with this build..

key talents are: Imperial Brew, Corrosive Microbes and Lethal Injectors.

given that corrosive dart at its core (max rank ofc) does 2588 dmg over 15 sec

Lethal Injector increases the effect +3 seconds to 18 seconds

thus increasing the dmg of this ability from 2588 to 3105,6 dmg over 18 seconds.

Corrosive Microbes add a 25% for each of the dmg "ticks" to tick twice

resulting in an overall dmg increase of ~25% more or less based on luck

increasing the overall dmg from our NOW 18 seconds 3105,6 to 3882 over 18 seconds

Imperial Brew now kicks in and increases the OVERALL damage of this ability by 18%

we end up with a total amount of 4580,76 damage

we just made a 15 seconds dot of 2588 damage

deal 4580,76 damage over 18 seconds

in the end taking 1 weapon and mastering it beats gimping around with 10 weapons at once every time :D

there is also an opener for the agent i'd REALLY like to test

basicly this:

acid blade (50% armor penetration for 15s + dot on hiddenstrike)

Hiddenstrike (knockdown 3s)

shiv (add tactical adv.)

Take Cover (or just duck doesn't matter)

Explosive Probe

Snipe

Headshot (target should still be incapacitated) (in our case knocked down)

This might get really close (3s knockdown) and i don't know where to put tactical adv. jet probably stim boost but the combination of explosive probe + snipe followed by headshot seems like INSANE burst dmg to me and should be executable in 3 seconds.

if at any point our opponent "trinkets" out of the knockdown (if at all possible) he can't do sh** against CC for the next 1 1/2 minutes atleast (depending on specc) and we are allways free to vanish and reset.

any ideas on the matter ?

Also does anyone know yet how long it takes to leave combat in pvp ? ( flahsbang + restealth without using vanish ) ??

Edited by fooliner

Also does anyone know yet how long it takes to leave combat in pvp ? ( flahsbang + restealth without using vanish ) ??

If you attack another player you do not leave combat until they die or you die. If another player attacks you then you do not leave combat until you or that player dies. They may of tweaked this recently but it's not difficult to get stuck in combat and it's really a pita for the stealth classes.

Edited by Necrosov

I keep going back and forth on whether it would be more advantageous to take: 1) Imperial Education or 2) Corrosive Microbes and Lethal Injectors. Could anyone share some insight on this dilemma please?

Edit: Missed Fooliner's post on the refresh...

Fooliner, I have been curious about this same dynamic and based off the numbers, I concur. I will give it a shot once I get in and see what happens. :D

Edited by mfrags
Missed Fooliner's post on the refresh...

The actual concealment tree looks pretty straight forward. I was making a hypothetical lethality build and there are more options it seems. I like that. I was doing that because I also saw the nice synergy from the corrosive dart feats and thought if I put 10 in lethality more might be good. I might be using lethality instead, but concealment does seem like the stronger tree.

I keep going back and forth on whether it would be more advantageous to take: 1) Imperial Education or 2) Corrosive Microbes and Lethal Injectors. Could anyone share some insight on this dilemma please?

Well it has been stated earlier by kutsus i believe that Imperial education (+9% cunning)

will (in endgame gear i assume) give your about the following:

+ ~1% crit

+ ~14 damage

So IMO if you are planning on getting -Chem Resistant inlays and -Inclement Conditioning

Really boosting your survivability u need 5 points in medic to adv. to seconds tier anyway so its definetly gonna be worth it.. you would end up with

+ 6% endurance (i magine this to be about ~800 health in endgame gear)

+ 4% damage red. (technically increasing your max health by another 4%)

+ 1% crit

+ 14 damage

Sounds pretty good to me ^^

made this build to showcase real quick

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401Mc0MZMIGRdkdbfzZ0M.1

had a last small "last point" dilemma between -Pin Down and -Waylay other then that (considering this is the weakest corrosive dart your gonna get and you loose 6% range and tech critchance) it seems pretty solid

Have they finally fixed Lethal Injector? Last I knew in beta testing, it extended the duration without increasing the damage. It was just spread out more.

That sounds like a cool idea with corrosive dart, min/maxing is fun. Personally it's not for me, considering how powerful flashbang is (one of the best insta CC in the game IMO), but it seems like a viable strategy to try and put out more damage to make up for it since we are already a high dps class.

Well it has been stated earlier by kutsus i believe that Imperial education (+9% cunning)

will (in endgame gear i assume) give your about the following:

+ ~1% crit

+ ~14 damage

So IMO if you are planning on getting -Chem Resistant inlays and -Inclement Conditioning

Really boosting your survivability u need 5 points in medic to adv. to seconds tier anyway so its definetly gonna be worth it.. you would end up with

+ 6% endurance (i magine this to be about ~800 health in endgame gear)

+ 4% damage red. (technically increasing your max health by another 4%)

+ 1% crit

+ 14 damage

Sounds pretty good to me ^^

made this build to showcase real quick

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401Mc0MZMIGRdkdbfzZ0M.1

had a last small "last point" dilemma between -Pin Down and -Waylay other then that (considering this is the weakest corrosive dart your gonna get and you loose 6% range and tech critchance) it seems pretty solid

True that is another angle in going the 5 in medicine anyway and picking up the inlays. To play devil's advocate, this is what I had been working on and it goes in the opposite direction: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MZGhGRdzbfczZhMbz.1

Though, for pvp that build you referenced, on paper and without testing, looks strong.