No UI mods?

djwhitfield

Hey!

I played WoW for about two years. But don't worry! I am not one of these WoW guys who complains about SWTOR ect. But I do love SWTOR alot. But I heard that Bioware is not allowing UI mods into the game. Is this true? Because I loved to mod my UI loads in WoW :(!

Before it starts with the trolling! No I would rather play SWTOR than WoW. But its just a shame if they don't add in moddable UI. I wanna turn my UI red :(!

Edited by djwhitfield

That's probably the single biggest gripe WoW players have about the game.

To be fair, the TOR UI is leagues ahead on the WoW default UI. But it's missing many very important things, as well. Like Recount and a threat meter, or any sort of decent button customization. I also miss Quartz.

To be fair, the TOR UI is leagues ahead on the WoW default UI. But it's missing many very important things, as well. Like Recount and a threat meter, or any sort of decent button customization. I also miss Quartz.

I don't really have a problem with the UI in SWTOR. But I think its just a shame that I can't make it look the way I want it too like I could in WoW. Yet again sorry for the comparison. I don't like comparing it to WoW ahaha :p!

Some people like the Default SWTOR UI simply because it doesn't have Recount or Omen.

I know it's hard to believe, but people used to play and succeed at these games without these crutches by actually working as a team - totally shocking I know :eek:

Some people like the Default SWTOR UI simply because it doesn't have Recount or Omen.

I know it's hard to believe, but people used to play and succeed at these games without these crutches by actually working as a team - totally shocking I know :eek:

I don't really see how not knowing my threat margin is related to a lack of teamwork.

I'm with the target of target people. I can't really understand how something so basic was left out.

Also, I play on a large monitor so scaling would be great. I don't need to look at buttons as big as my thumb! I'm not a mouse clicker anyway, I use the keyboard so I could probably just hide the buttons since I can no longer see my cooldowns.

I don't really see how not knowing my threat margin is related to a lack of teamwork.

Because it forces everyone to work as a team to either keep threat low if your heals/dps, or if your the tank, holding it. Using skills properly and watching what the mobs are doing is not hard and it becomes intuitive after a while. Learn via trial and error.

They really need more UI customization. I doubt we'll ever see third party mods though. They are pretty careful about controlling the playing experience and third party mods might disrupt their control.

You'd be pretty wrong too.

They've already said 3rd party add-ons will come eventually. The extent of what they can do has not been discussed however.

Edited by chillbro

I'm with the target of target people. I can't really understand how something so basic was left out.

Also, I play on a large monitor so scaling would be great. I don't need to look at buttons as big as my thumb! I'm not a mouse clicker anyway, I use the keyboard so I could probably just hide the buttons since I can no longer see my cooldowns.

I believe this would be part of one of the next big patches. They just recently released a video for future updates of the game and apparently they already have a UI customizing feature, just needs to be tweaked before release.

Hopefully by the end of February.

I don't think that the current default UI is unusable and I don't see 3rd party mods as a major priority but the default UI could use a couple key features. And no, I don't think that a dps meter is a required mod. Not even a threat meter on the level of Omen. However...

1) Target of Target - glad to see that's coming, this will be helpful for tanks and healers

2) Threat indicator - something that just shows me as a healer if one of my party members is currently in an enemy's sights

3) Better HoT / DoT / Debuff indicators - it is sometimes very difficult with the tiny party / operations frames to see if I have 2 stacks of a HoT on a party member or to quickly see which party member got the debuff from a boss.

What I'm really lacking in terms of the UI is the ability to add more bars and move them around at will.

Also, I really hate the way the cover system works - I like to keep my main abilities on the bottom central bar, not the top one, but it's the top one that switches when you enter Cover. So... I end up with my secondary cooldowns and situationals covered up. Really annoying.

• 1 month later...

My biggest issue is the lack of buttons on the bottom bars.

you get 2 rows for 24 buttons total.

Assume like me you use your left bar for expanding your companions abilities and your right bar for teleport,weapon mode changes, buffs and other none combat abilities that leaves your 24 icons on the obbtom bar which by 30 is already full of abilities forcing you to remove little used abilities completely.

So i dont actually want a full UI change, just the 2 bottom bars to be ioncreased from 12 to 20 slots. I know only 12 would be linked to keyboard shortcuts but I can click the others with the mouse as needed.

A good thing. I'd rather have Bioware patch us in the UI options rather than having to rely on a couple of guys working out of a bedroom in their mothers house just because my guildmaster loves their mods in WoW. Edited by Ewgal

Have you even seen the WoW default UI as it is today? Not 7 years ago, but today? Guess not.

Or even the basic Rift UI at release. AT release. Not 1 month after, or 2 month after.

They did not have addons, but they had one hell of a customizable UI.

Edited by Mamono

To be completely honest, I actually like the TOR UI.

Jupp, really nice to be in a WZ and have the map cover your right action bar. And the GTN is fantastic. Really fantastic. Best AH system in the world.

And dont forget that you cant have more then 2 windows up at the same time. Got to love it when your companion comes back when you are in the GTN window....... /faceslap, *** did they think making that go trough to live after all the complaints about that in the beta?

And preview. Have you notest that if you want to preview some gear, 1st time you click, you preview the item you click on, if you now click on a new item, you will not preview that item, you are actually turning preview "off". You can not preview 2 items after eachother. That is also a fantastic system. No other MMO with the preview gear ability has this. And you cant preview gear that you can't use either. Sure you cant use it, but at tines you jsut do it because you are curious. Fantastic system. Cant even preview weapons propperly.

And have you ever been a healer? Have you ever tryed to remove "bad stuff" from your team? Oh you cant? Because you cant see the debuffs on the raid frame? Fantastic system. The best system ever.

If you like this, then you have not played any other MMO in the world. Well, ok. You my have played Final Fantasy online or DCunivers online. If so then I do understand that you like this UI.

Edited by Mamono

The game is easy enough without the nerfs

If you can’t be successful in this game without UI mods, you should probably try Hello Kitty on line, and master that before coming back to SWTOR

I don't care about DBM or crap like that.

I want to have a custom looking UI.

April, 1.2 - UI changes and you can FINALLY move stuff around.

Hopefully they'll have combat logs in 1.2 also so people can start making third party damage meters.

Like another poster said, what if I want my UI to be red instead of blue (not really the case but the point stands) I will not be able to.

BW cannot make a UI that appeases everyone.

The allowance of addons could.

Edited by Azzras